Cardiff or Herefordshire Munch?

GlassPhone

Posted

Looking to attend one with my partner and want to meet people who are willing to show us the (metaphorical?) ropes.

I've googled and found lots of events that happened before lockdown but nothing in the future?

Does anyone know of anything going on?

Posted

Cardiff can't have munches due to the covid restrictions in Wales.  So nothing planned there (remember today's expected covid announcement relates to England)

Hereford munch returns on Feb 14 in Cosy Club. 7.30pm start.

Posted
40 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Cardiff can't have munches due to the covid restrictions in Wales.  So nothing planned there (remember today's expected covid announcement relates to England)

Hereford munch returns on Feb 14 in Cosy Club. 7.30pm start.

Ok cool - do I need to contact anyone about the Hereford one? Can we just show up?

Posted
Cardiff has got their munches back on as well as Swansea and Bridgend
Posted
I only know this because I spoke to someone who has been at the munches recently
Posted

to credit - that's not the info written in the Cardiff munch groups on other sites.  It may be they were back the back end of last year but had to go again. 

Posted

I was told by someone they went to one Christmas week as they came back 

Posted

So...

to explain Wales.

On December 26th, Wales reintroduced restrictions. It may have been possible to have a munch prior to Dec 26.

The current restrictions in Wales are

- Rule of 6

- No more than 30 people total indoors at hospitality venues

The rule of 6 makes it impossible for munches to run legally

The current timetable allows the rule of 6 and the 30 person limit to be lifted on the 28th January, but this being lifted has not been formally announced. 

Because of this, there are no munches currently announced  

Posted

So are Wales due to review/change guidelines?

Posted

As above, Wales is due to lift on the 28th

Swansea have announced a munch for February 10, but the Cardiff munches are yet to publicly announce. 

Posted

Thanks!

How do I find out about the Swansea one?

Posted

How I found it, and I kinda hate to point people there but it's annoyingly convenient (and munch organisers do take easy options sometimes) but literally just search city names in Fetlife, then hit 'events'