Slave/master

Posted

Hi everyone 

I am new here. Me and my partner want to learn and get into a slave/master relationship, we having been doing our research and started an interesting chat about how our families would react etc if we was to tell them about it. I got curious about it how many people doing this are open about it with the families and friends etc? I want to wear a collar and a bracelet and be proud to do so but do most people go the discreet route? 

i would appreciate any answers. 

thanks

Posted

Why would you ask your family? There are ways to engage in M/s discreetly.

The materialistic symbols within your relationship are important but for me the meaning behind them is more important.

Being within any BDSM relationship does not have to be life changing.

What does a M/s relationship mean to you? What does it look like?

Posted
I personally am very open about it my relationship (a mix of Dom/sub and CGL) with my friend, but they are also all in similar relationships themselves.
However it is a secret in front of my family, so while I love wearing my collar in everyday live i hide it when my family is around,
I wouldn't let your family influence on how you form your relationship tho, it's your life, and you should live it the way you want to
Posted

I wouldn’t ask my family it was more if they was to notice/ask what the collar I was wearing is. 
it does mean a lot to me having the m/s relationship, I have a lot of love/trust for my partner and enjoy all things sub which became a new world to him he had never done anything like it before but now he loves it. 

Posted
I am intrigued by the same thing. I unfortunately havent been able to explore it yet along with most other lifestyle aspects. I am stille in the early learning stages. Any advice would be most welcomed.
Posted
I think the question you need to ask yourself here is why you think others would need to know - and is it right to, albeit indirectly, push a lifestyle onto them that they may not understand or want to know about?
I get the pride thing, but that can be achieved without having to tell others.
Ultimately the decision is yours about how open you want to be, but you need to consider that others may not understand, and you may cause more concern and alarm than anything else, no matter how you explain it and tell them you are happy.
It comes down to knowing your friends and family well enough to be able to make a judgement call as to whether to tell them.
Personally my friends and family don't *need* to know my kinks any more than I *need* to know theirs, and therefore I keep this side of my life to those that do *need* to know.
Posted
9 hours ago, gemini_man said:

I think the question you need to ask yourself here is why you think others would need to know - and is it right to, albeit indirectly, push a lifestyle onto them that they may not understand or want to know about?
I get the pride thing, but that can be achieved without having to tell others.
Ultimately the decision is yours about how open you want to be, but you need to consider that others may not understand, and you may cause more concern and alarm than anything else, no matter how you explain it and tell them you are happy.
It comes down to knowing your friends and family well enough to be able to make a judgement call as to whether to tell them.
Personally my friends and family don't *need* to know my kinks any more than I *need* to know theirs, and therefore I keep this side of my life to those that do *need* to know.

That reply is good thanks it puts it into prespective. I did admittedly think if they ever was to know they wouldn’t understand it and just think I’m some kind of weird and probably ask why I wanted to be in what they would say is a controlling relationship lol. 
thank you I really appreciate this input on it :-) 

Posted
3 hours ago, Mummymonster said:

That reply is good thanks it puts it into prespective. I did admittedly think if they ever was to know they wouldn’t understand it and just think I’m some kind of weird and probably ask why I wanted to be in what they would say is a controlling relationship lol. 
thank you I really appreciate this input on it :-) 

It's a rabbit hole with no ending!!

Posted
You do you, if others don't like it they don't live it therefore not there buus.
Posted

I've posted this somewhere else already.

You can substitute a collar for anything both of you invest the same meaning into.

As toy how you act in front of others well tha't totally down to you.