Anyone heard of ‘Global Cyber Dating Protection’ or is it a scam?

Posted
Not really bdsm/ kink stuff but has anyone heard of a what appears be a US company ‘Global Cyber Dating Protection’ that apparently supply confirmation that someone is who they say they are and issue an individual with certification?

I’ve never heard of it but am new to this; the 5 sites I’ve looked at before (six including this Fet) don’t seem to refer to it. So, I’m trying to figure out if this is legit’ or not - and if it’s a scam?
Posted (edited)

Google 
globalcyberdatingprotection* scam

Scam detector gives it a rating of 26.2% meaning it's highly suspicious.
Read up their opinion, it's very detailed,

Edited by Deleted Member
*external link removed
DeviantInside
Posted
Never come across it before.
Posted

oh god, this couldn't be more obvious a scam if it tried. 

Posted
These sites are nearly always scams. Individuals create fair profiles and try to initiate the conversation with you, they always pay you to meet and in order to meet they say you 'have to get a certificate' from one of these sites. Try to avoid these.
Posted
If it smells like a scam and looks like a scam it usually is a scam - thinking about it logically how any company would be able to verify 100% someone is who they say they are would be almost impossible without you providing a ton of information about that person that would have allowed you to verify them yourself anyway.
Sadly companies like this will prey on the ***s of people to try and get *** out of them.
The best tool you have to verify whether someone is genuine or not is yourself and your own gut instincts.
Posted
That’s really helpful guys - thanks. Ismth559 - you’re spot on. That’s just what’s happened to me (not from anyone on the site - another, which I’m in the process of learning). I’d a feeling some didn’t seem right.
Posted
Idk about that but I do know for a fact ppl are being scammed. I know of 2 ppl who told me of other people that was. And I was yesterday. It doesn't matter what site you join, they are everywhere
Posted

in general - dating scams are worth mega *** - though, while it is men that complain loudest, women are often more lucrative targets.

dating scams have evolved a bit in recent years to combine with other popular scams

such as

- advance fee (you pay something up front to get more value in return)

- fake shopping scams (you are sent to buy items from a fake store that looks legit - both paying for goods that never arrive AND handing over card details)

- bogus goods (such as a membership to a club that doesn't exist, such as "BDSM council" - or something like this one which is a useless certificate)

the ones that particularly target men are usually smaller amounts (like, low hundreds) but usually something where you pay a low fee to get a lot more in return.  The old adage : if something is too good to be true, it probably isn't 

Posted
I payed up front and got nothing. The whole experience was off. They wanted payment in Apple Cards and I should have realized but in the heat of the moment, men are stupid lol
Posted
A lot of scams these days are both very sophisticated and believable and big business to criminal gangs with relatively little risk compared to the more traditional criminal activities.
They are happy to play the long game for higher rewards too - starting off with relatively small amounts and going bigger as they reel you in and gain your trust.
As eyem says if something seems too good to be true it probably isn't.
Posted
Your right! I was stupid once! I can't do it twice! This chick tried to get me to get more cards LMAO. I told politely as I could to go to HELL! At least is was only $100 and I learned very quickly to not fall for the same thing twice
Posted
39 minutes ago, Ricky4you said:
I payed up front and got nothing. The whole experience was off. They wanted payment in Apple Cards and I should have realized but in the heat of the moment, men are stupid lol

That's unfortunate. One thing I would do now is make sure there is no *** in the bank account you used to pay, and report that card/account as compromised. Once your details have been changed then you can use them. Because not only do they take *** through this scam, but your details are actually stored for other sammers' later use. Hopefully everything goes well for you, good luck !

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ricky4you said:
I payed cash for cards so my bank account was never in jeopardy

That's good to hear, scammers are getting smarter but I'm glad you managed to avoid worse repercussions 👍🏼