Can I?

AmyKay

Posted

I'll just say it, is it possible to find a dom if I am in a wheelchair? Would anyone deal with that?

Posted

Hi all
This thread is for advice, so please stay on topic and  no "I'll be your Dominant" type comments and so on, as they will be removed.
Thank you

Redefine-Horizons
Posted
I imagine some will inquire whether you have sensation "down there" and others will inquire on how you would do this or that. As in anything online, you will have to weed through the trash to get to the treasure.
Posted
There are people out there for everyone. Being in a wheelchair just means more prep and trust between the two. No one deals with anything. Would someone accept you yes definitely.
Posted
It wouldn't affect my decision at all and I've have had a previous relationship with someone in a wheelchair. I would have thought not having a profile pic would be a bigger issue?
Lord_Talion
Posted
I'd say that depends on the dynamic you want and how well you're able to submit
Posted
Yes it's absolutely possible. Maybe even probable. The BDSM community is the most understanding & non-judgemental group of people on the planet.
Posted
Sure I do not see why not. Heck it would not be a deal breaker for me.
Posted

Thanks everyone! And yes to answer one query everything works. Since my disability is rare I rather not share it's name there are less than a 100 people in the U.S. with it, but it makes movement erratic like being a gallon drunk which makes walking out the question.

Posted
I believe I have said this in chat. A wheelchair doesn't define you.
Any one who is put off due to this, I'd say is not worth your time.
You're a human being deserving of interaction love and touch same as anyone else. Wheelchair or not xx
Posted

I’ve had ‘vanilla’ relationships with individual(s) that used a wheelchair. All I will say on that score is that with a few reasonable adjustments matters worked out just fine for a good while. I don’t see why being a wheelchair user would preclude you from finding a dom who can make the necessary adjustments when it is appropriate to do so.

Posted

as an occasional wheelchair user who episodically gets similar sounding attacks to you Amy I can confirm that being in a wheelchair is not a bar to finding a D, I won't pretend that it doesn't restrict your opportunities in this as in everything else we do in this world but certainly don't give up hope there is someone out there for you xxx