Slut-shaming in the kink community?

Ma****

Posted
4 hours ago, Shaded72 said:

A sl*t is a cultural derisory word with no bearing. I see sl*ts as self confident sexual women. A compliment rather than an insult.

I don’t think this discussion is about the term “slut” or about people being called sluts; it’s about people being judged for being promiscuous. You would think it wouldn’t be something that goes on in the kink community, but really there are lots of people here who are only interested in D/s within the context of a traditional relationship.

I think in the context the original poster is talking about it’s also men who think they are being “well meaning” ie protective in these judgements.

Posted
On 6/7/2022 at 12:42 PM, Matilda311 said:

Lately I’ve been posting my experiences as a beginner sub on Fetlife and it led to lots of random guys PMing me telling me that I’m being way too mindless about having sex. It might come across that way in my posts but for me, I do have standards of who I choose to have sex with. It’s a bit confusing for me how people seem to low-key shame young people who seem sexually promiscuous, especially since it’s within the kink community. Just a thought

So I agree randomly PMing a person about their personal decisions is wrong and odd.  BUT there are a couple things to consider.

1. There's pressure to be "slutty" by ***s in these groups so voicing an alternative view I think is reasonable.

2. For myself having a woman with similar values is important and would not feel comfortable marrying a woman who didn't share my opinions on sex or play.