How to browse by name on the mobile App

Posted

Hi folks, 
Whilst chatting to my friends on the messenger here and idly browsing through the online folks, I occassionally see someone who would make  an excellent friend for them, say a newbie who is really into ropes and wants to go to a workshop...but....
So I mention the name to said friend, sometimes the age and location too, so they can be sure it is the correct person they find.
Often this is all they need, it's certainly all I would need. On the laptop, top menu, a magnifying glass, hit that and a mini search zone appears with Users, events, dating filled in. On my mobile, I also use the desktop version. Hit your profile pic top right from the Menu choose Browse, same useful little oval search. Enter the name and you're there.
On the mobile App, the lament is the same. How do I find this person of whom you speak?
Any ideas where this Browse option exists on the App folks?

Posted
On the app I click find at the bottom then browse towards the top. Then there's a space to search for names above the pictures of people
Posted
I think there may be a bug in the IOS version. Using the 'find' icon at the bottom and then 'browse' icon at the top of the screen does reveal a 'search' bar but only if you hold your finger on the screen and drag it down, as soon as you release your finger the field disappears so you can never actually get to the search bar to type in anything. Unless someone knows a way round this I suspect it's a bug in the app.
Posted
On the Android app version simply go to "Find" then "Browse" and there's a "Search By Username" field right at the top 👍🏻
Posted
That actually doesn’t seem to be working so may be an issue on the app after all.
Posted

Well two of the ladies have since replied, both Apple users, both concur there's a bug that renders a name search impossible.

Posted

Meanwhile, many thanks to Gemini man for helping the Android folks get to grips. 

Posted

Have raised a ticket. Thanks for confirming for me folks, appreciated.

Your conversation created successfully!

SubjectThe username browse option on IOS in the mobile App

Conversation ID653699

StatusOpen

Posted

A 'hopeless' work around for Apple folks. Find somewhere with an abysmal wi-fi connection, drag the errant field into view and quickly start typing before it drifts back, only with an abysmal link will you have the time to do this, otherwise it is gone in a flash. Meanwhile, we have to wait and see if this ticket is picked up and resolved. 

Posted

a potential resolution is to access the site via a mobile browser rather than the app

Posted

Hi @VKD and everyone who has commented. There is indeed a bug, which has just been reported to our developers. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Note that this issue is affecting iOS only and not Android. 

Posted

Quick update: The developers have said that the fix to the bug will come with the next update, due for release at some point this week.  Apologies for the inconvenience guys. 

Posted

Hello there! To turn around a bug fix inside a week is extremely commendable so I thank you for your diligence in this matter.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I've been informed by my charming Apple IOS friend that the browse facility now works correctly on the FET mobile App. Chapeau technical team, thank you. A very swift turn around.