Cleanliness is Next to Good Dom-don

Posted (edited)

Saying I've got a dirty job is no excuse, I was an engineer & a mechanic when I was younger & later on worked in property maintenance & decorating & I've never had nasty nails. Keep them trimmed, don't bite as rough jagged edges trap the dirt, use barrier cream before work & hand cleaner after work & use the point of a nail file to remove any excess dirt under nails & do the washing up, its best thing for getting your nails clean when you have those sort of jobs.

If you can't be bothered to make a bit of effort why would anyone let you touch them, never mind put your fingers inside them, unless they have poor hygiene standards themselves.

Edited by Deleted Member
Addition
Posted
I would just like to thank all of you for weighing in. I understand and appreciate men and women who work with their hands. There are certain lines of work which will leave stains and even grit embedded in the hands. Nothing wrong with that, but this experience the person just looked - dirty - all over. If you don't take care of yourself on the most basic level of cleanliness, how can I trust you can and will take care of me.
Posted
I believe in being clean because I want my partner to experience the best.
Posted

Wow lots of opinions here!  I agree that I'd hope someone would take care of basic hygiene needs before meeting. 

On the subject of men's hands  though - I enjoy a blue collar man myself and love hands with character.  I have an office job now but in the past have done factory, transportation, etc.  

Posted
4 hours ago, Billy25 said:
Understand where you’re coming from and believe in cleanliness for sure but at the end of the day I’m still a welder and steel worker there is some grit and stains on my hands, nails and body that take can literal weeks to go away or remove. I support your choice based on other factors in what you said for appearances here but understand that there’s a lot of people who care for and clean themselves but work overtime to build what’s around you that can’t go and get their nails done or hair cut every 2 weeks and get every mark off them. Personally I’ve worked 3 months of 12 hour days straight. When your on the job that much you don’t get the chance to think about going and doing other than what’s strictly necessary to keep yourself fed clean and rested. It took two or three weeks after that to find the energy in a day to go get a haircut.

When you're making $75 an hour, $112.
50 OT and $150DT building new, tearing down or modifying coal and nuclear facilities to keep the lights on and working 7 12-hour shifts, getting a manicure is the last thing on my mind because and that evolution I don't have time for anything but making *** because they are throwing it away, when its time to play , then it's best to take time and scrub all that *** out from underneath your fingernails, unless she recognizes it for what it is, but you don't want her coming at you smelling like Uncle George's bass boat

Posted
2 hours ago, kitten1104 said:

Get a nail brush you can buy them at the dollar store simple get some soap clean your fucking nails no one wants to see dirty nails that’s just disgusting I want your dirty fingers going up in them

This sounds like a comment made by a person who has never worked before ever. But if you're a Tradesman of some kind or another it is in your dirty underneath the fingernails it is not to the fact that you have poor hygiene, and you can use brushes all you want but it does not brushes do not get all the dirt out from underneath your nails trust me. In order to remove 100% of your trade dirt from underneath your fingernails you would have to use either the little file on your toenail clippers or fingernail clippers, a small pocket knife and then dig the blade up underneath your nail and sc*** it all out, or a small flathead screwdriver. Now if you're a Tradesman and that means you're doing this every day, but that doesn't necessarily mean you don't wash your hands. Not washing constitutes poor hygiene not dirt in an area where it's hard to remove. But time consuming wise if you actually did what I suggested mention above every single day because you would have to do it every single day for what? Only to clean they have to be dirty again tomorrow when you go to work? Or if you work in dirt and then you come home eat and then do housework and dirt? What's eating plus all of other lives curves and throws at you that you need to do on a daily basis family shopping responsibilities what have you. This is a lot of Frou Frou time for a man have to do at least once a day 20 minutes out of the day for what before he goes to bed cuz that's really the only time that that it could be done considering if you do it say in the middle of the afternoon at lunch time you're going to get a dirty for the rest of the day and if you do it after dinner if you work in the yard in the evening what to go to bed and forth to be clean overnight then you wake up in next morning and all you do is drink coffee drive to work and get it dirty again that's that's you know that really sounds like somebody who's never worked before they probably plays video games and it never worked before in their life and according to your profile picture there I can probably attest to that. Men do not have nails like women do or it's easy to clean under with that said so brush. Our nails don't even set apart from our skin so you have to sit back the skin in order to efficiently clean under it. If you are judging a man by that meaning calling it poor hygiene when it's not it's just in an area that is hard to to clean out and if the dirt is not coming out via soap water and a brush because those brushes are ineffective for getting deep down under a man's fingernails, then it's not going to come out when you play you are too stuck up you're too snooty and you need to take a look at yourself because that means you're too lazy in life and I'm sure there's thousands of things that are job related that you neglected home that other people might feel is important that might actually be more important to be honest. But that does not mean that said person cannot play should not play should not have the time to play that actually should mean that he needs to play more because if he doesn't have time to do that underneath his nails like he's going to get a pedicure or a manicure then he needs to play even more because you didn't especially dealing with people like you who worry about too much stuff but you know but maybe he should charge you more the next time you need your car worked on or you know in addition put on because you know that dirt takes a lot more time to clean out from underneath your nails unless he's working in his garden all day long. But I highly doubt that. More important things in life in your life need to be worried about then dirt underneath your fingernails.

Posted
Not a snob, this is just basic dating stuff regardless of kink. It also goes both ways. I don’t want to sub or Dom for someone who doesn’t look after themselves, and I have similarly arbitrary standards for things like spelling too. Don’t worry, you’re not a snob; or if you are, snobbery is just a part of attraction for most people.
Posted
No you are 100% right keep your standards
Posted
Safety is imperative bish ✊🏾
Posted
Wow like for real? Never experienced that but maybe he was waiting for you to give him a bath like a baby lol
Posted
I've scrubbed my nail bed and cuticles until they have bled before trying to clean them due to my job. I've come home looking like I *** the village of smurfs before.

There's a difference between unwashed dirty, and that ain't coming out stained...

If someone turns me down because of my scarred up imperfect hands, ty. Saves time.
Posted
It is not snobbish behavior to expect basic good hygiene from someone you are considering being intimate with. Sounds like you dodged a bullet.
Posted
Yeah you’re not wrong. Good hygiene is a must. Particularly on a first meet.
Posted
8 hours ago, SlutforServiceSir said:
I would just like to thank all of you for weighing in. I understand and appreciate men and women who work with their hands. There are certain lines of work which will leave stains and even grit embedded in the hands. Nothing wrong with that, but this experience the person just looked - dirty - all over. If you don't take care of yourself on the most basic level of cleanliness, how can I trust you can and will take care of me.

Totally fair and appreciate you weighing back in on this hearing you say that in the initial comment it didn’t quite come across that way fully to me at least. As I said originally there was other red flags about the person in question here and feel you still made the right choice in the situation. Best of luck in future

Posted
As an overweight dude lemme just say I'm on the same page with you regarding hygiene. Everyone needs to stay clean. I don't know how to shave with a razor, but I still use an automatic one to shave my facial hair. Can't agree enough!
Posted

I couldn't agree more, the very least when your meeting someone is to shower and be clean it's just basic hygiene surely. I'd have felt the same way too.

My ex husband would often not clean his teeth and I refused to kiss him, it turned my stomach, if he didn't shower or dress in clean clothes it would drive me mad. 

One guy I knew through a friend came over with a view to us sleeping together. We were getting down to it and I smelt a strong sweat smell, then that musky I've not washed my privates smell (you know the one) I said I've just showered did you grab one before you left. He replied "nah why bother when I knew we'd be getting dirty again" 😒 well that's just great, suffice to say I didn't see him again. 

Now I see someone and we enjoy our time together, always are fresh and clean it's just what you do isn't it. He smells divine and I can't wait to pounce on him lol 😆 

Posted
Totally agree Vic. Proper showered freshly shaven both upstairs and downstairs. shaving balm apllied too all ensitive areas. Aswell as Vaseline intensive care lotion gently rubbed in.. before a covering of Lynx Anti perspirant. Seeing as im an old school type of Guy. I finish of with a few splashes of Joop Eu de Parfum. As it lasts longer.
Posted
I had a lovely sub come over recently who told me about a Dom she met on here.

She knelt for him.
He unzipped.
His dick smelled of Stilton so she got up and left without ever touching him!

I was flabbergasted when she told me and can’t imagine not having a shower and smelling good (like fucking soap!) before a girl arrived at my place!
I may very well disrespect a submissive during play but I still respect women as a whole; and certainly enough to vacuum and tidy my house and ensure I’m clean before their arrival!
Posted
This has happened to me too. Like who the hell thinks it not ok to shower before meeting someone for sex?
Posted
If they are nasty they are disrespectful to everyone and themselves. Definitely a deal breaker.