Cleanliness is Next to Good Dom-don

Posted
Monday at 01:04 PM, IrishScott said:

Ok firstly just cool it, Secondly a Doctor and Carpenter are two different things. Carps don't work with biological fluids and most likely have a better chance starting a fire than making someone sick. Thirdly, take two seconds and think from a less entitled perspective to understand that some people like working with thier hands to craft pretty much everything in your life. So sometimes you get stains on your hands, hard to get grit that shows up no matter how short your nails are. Being a nasty bum is one thing, judging someone because thier hands are rough is pretty petty behavior in general.

Oh and some of us dont go waste *** at nail salons when we work with out hands on the day to day. So maybe be more open minded and less critical of people you don't know personally.

I deliver mail all day. I keep my nails short and scrub the CRAP out of my nails. I’m as clean as they get, but even wearing gloves all day long, it’s impossible to keep newsprint and dirt from staining underneath my nails. It’s IMBEDDED into my nails. Those who know, know. Those who judge can f*ck right off.

Posted
I couldn't date someone who doesn't keep themselves at least clean.
Posted
My last comment on the cleanliness thing is that getting stains on you that you can't get off doesn't make you a dirty person. Having access to a perfectly good shower and being able bodied and wearing your funk does make you one. Not being able to remove stains and not making an effort to stay clean are 2 very different ***s. Ok .
Posted
I would like to add that, despite someone's jobs, people can keep themselves clean. I have dated engineers and other handy people who were CLEAN (they were smelling very fresh during dates, their hands were clean even if there might have been some stains, they were taking interests in their appearance etc). Having a certain job is not an excuse to stink etc.
Posted
53 minutes ago, maryioni said:
I would like to add that, despite someone's jobs, people can keep themselves clean. I have dated engineers and other handy people who were CLEAN (they were smelling very fresh during dates, their hands were clean even if there might have been some stains, they were taking interests in their appearance etc). Having a certain job is not an excuse to stink etc.

No it is not by any means, and at least comments like mine(and most of the others who work with their hands) seemed to take exception that a few of the comments lumped "us" all in together with the unwashed dirty bastards, lol.

Posted

I think there's a lot of overly defensive comments.  I think there is a clear difference between poor personal hygiene and evident strain if someone works with their hands.

My *** is massive on personal hygiene - but her husband is a mechanic who has constantly grimey hands - there is still a clear difference between the two.  

Posted
54 minutes ago, savage816 said:

No it is not by any means, and at least comments like mine(and most of the others who work with their hands) seemed to take exception that a few of the comments lumped "us" all in together with the unwashed dirty bastards, lol.

Working with the hands is absolutely normal and it definitely doesn't make anyone unwashed dirty bastards. I'd known someone who worked in the forest, fields, gardens and he was addicted to cleanliness: he would shower at least two times a day, he would keep his home deep-cleaned.

Posted
Coming home from work with dirt on your hands - or even worse, bringing it on a first date - is just as bad as coming home from any profession and doing nothing but complain and discuss work every day. It’s 2022, there’s a soap for that.
Posted
The worst thing by far is dirt under fingernails and greasy dirty hair 🤢 bad teeth too lol