Shibari

Ju****

Posted
YouTube is a great resource for learning basic stuff. The knots and terminologies behind it all.
Posted
Well, a good place for practice could be you your home. And a good teacher is "Rorys Brainworks" on Youtube for example.
And if you practice for some time be creative.
To speak for myself: everything except selfie your arms is possible for you.

But always stay in a proper mind and have a scissors for your own safety next to you.
Posted
Self ties are a fantastic place to start, certainly. I'm a huge fan of the book "Rope Bondage the Smart Way" by Pete Riggs.
Posted
YouTube would be your best shot as a beginner
Posted (edited)

crash-restraint* is where I started. It's got great tutorials and the concepts can easily be translated to self ties. Also two knotty boys does some amazing online shibari tutorials.

Edited by FETMOD-GP
*taken out external link
Posted (edited)

Safety is important, you can damage nerves. And always have a method to cut the rope within reach.

Buy something like Scissors and only use them for cutting rope in emergencies, nothing else.
Scissors, EMT and Trauma Shears.

Learn where the nerves are and what checks you should do, you don’t want to damage your nerves. For example finger pricking, looking for tingling, cold feet etc.

If you can, find a local rope group to tie with. I could point you towards a good one in Gloucester, but that’s a bit far for you to travel. 😊

Edited by FETMOD-GP
*taken out external link
Posted
I once joined a group on fet life. I would say fet life is the best way to find other people that are genuinely interested in rope and know how to be safe. Make friends with them online and invite them to rope jams and you’ll be able to practice on each other.
Posted
A YouTube channel called *Rory's brainworks*👍✌️
Lord_Talion
Posted
'Bound to Fly' is a very accomplished instructor of shibari and can be found at most primary rope events across the nation. Primarily set within the tri-state-area he has classes within the newbrunsick are and has many instructional videos on fetlife and the TES website.
Posted
I haven't ever done this . It sounds like you would enjoy it.
Posted
If you're practicing solo, make sure to keep a pocket knife or shears handy in case something pinches off circulation too much. The last thing you want to do is panic and have to yell for help in the middle of this...
Start with a good, soft rope. You don't need the hard-core suspension quality rope until you're with someone trained in this. In the meantime, practice your braiding and lacing on your legs and arms.
I like to work little "handles" into my rope work so I can carry you, or pull you around.
It's a great kink once you get good at it.
DM with any questions.
Posted

Guys, we have just launched a new course at the BDSM Training School for all kinksters interested in Shibari.  Taught by (and brought to you in partnership with) Esinem Shibari Classes, this is the ultimate beginner's guide to Japanese rope bondage.  Any questions, let me know either by DM or here in the forum.     

shibari the easy way bdsm training school