Sex robots from 2035

NoNameDom84

Posted
After reading up on the Google employee who was sacked for saying Lamda had feelings, it got me thinking. And researching.

Sex robots will be a thing. Scientists are convinced it's probably going to happen. And when it becomes affordable, more accepted and more widespread, the self-entitlement will stop. You can all laugh, but I genuinely think this is where we are headed
Posted (edited)

2035 is pretty optimistic. It's not the AI that's the problem. To be clear, Lamda almost certainly doesn't have feelings at this stage in AI development, but it's not that hard to do well enough to fool humans if that's the goal. It's the robot part that's not realistic in the short term. People have been talking about robots for fifty years, but not a lot of progress has been made making cheap, mass produced models of a quality that most people would be interested in. While there's a decent chance this becomes a thing in the distant future, the economics suggest it's not likely to happen in our lifetimes. 

Edited by Pleasurecalculus
typo
Posted
Which self-entitlement and why do you think it would stop??
Also, hey everybody let’s have sex robots but take basic rights from humans we don’t like and or just want to control! Makes perfect sense.
Posted
1 hour ago, GoodGirl87 said:
Skynet will strike anyway they can.

😄😳😉

Posted
Sex robots are already being sold
Posted
1 hour ago, GoodGirl87 said:
Skynet will strike anyway they can.

I sadly can't disagree 🤣

Posted

there already are sex robots and sex dolls - available for both sale and hire

and what is rather worrying is how violent people are being who hire them

Posted
I’d have to agree with Pleasurecalculus. We are heading in that direction. Imo, AI can be really good at faking consciousness and that’s what lamda is doing. I believe that the only way AI will have true consciousness is if humans start deluding themselves into believing they do. Don’t be fooled :P
Posted
Me and the boys headed down to Build-a-Babe™ workshop to make the perfect harem.
Posted

Just to tack on a few things:

While the google employee has probably been duped by Lamda, it's entirely possible that we do have legit AI in the relatively near future. AI projections are notoriously difficult, because there's potentially a takeoff point where there are rapid advances by a self-improving algorithm.

Even if very complex, intelligent AIs existed right now though, I don't think there's not much chance they'd go in sex robots. It's questionable whether they should, and even more questionable whether a company would risk putting them in one. AI safety is a serious concern even when the AIs don't have access to physical bodies. I don't think we're likely to see the kind of Terminator doomsday scenarios some of the experts I follow are concerned about (mostly for logistics reasons), but if you're putting a consciousness in a sex robot, you're giving it the  potential to do harm to the user. That's just a liability issue, and I don't think any of these companies want to get their asses sued off. You might think it's easy to put safeguards on an AI, but it's as simple as a creative interpretation of a command or a loophole to potentially create a dangerous situation. Hence, I think non-conscious human simulation software will be the name of the game. Even if they aren't perfect, we're probably already past the point where they're good enough.

I still think the real limitation is the physical body. I don't think sex robots are going to truly catch on and be a thing until they're at least somewhat on par with actual humans, and the quality available now is still dogshit in comparison. And unlike AI, the advances in this area probably aren't going to be exponentially fast.