Pup habits

sh****

Posted
So I need advice. I feel like completely shit for biting my owner even though it’s one of the ways I show my love. We were playing around and rough housing, I bit him out of excitement and joy but I was told I made him regret laying with me as we played around and now I just feel like a bad dog and sub so much so that I took my collar off and just laid in bed. Anyone have any ideas on how to stop the biting urge so I can be good and not bad?
Posted
Well, with pups that are prone biting, their owners often muzzle them. That way you can play and try and bite but can't hurt your owner (or yourself). Muzzling you can be a nice ritual too; controlling you, but acknowledging that you are allowed to play. All of which makes you a good dog, and a happy dog.
Posted
Any puppy that bites its owner is a reflection on the lack of training, primarily bite inhabition & poor discipline, provided by the owner - whilst suggestions here of a gag or muzzle will stop you physically being able to bite they don't deal with the core problem of you biting, they don't resolve the problem, they just inhibit the negative behaviour
DeviantInside
Posted
Well from what you say this is an expression of love for you that came outt instinctually during a moment of heightened emotion, when our primal or instinctual reactions take over based on previous pattern matches in the brain. What I would suggest is replacing it with an alternative outlet so your brain builds that up as the preferred behaviour pattern match in the hippocampus. You can work on this yourself by envisioning your preferred behaviours or reactions (the brain cannot tell the difference between imagination and reality so the more you do this the more you build up that pattern match), there are also NLP techniques that might help like "swish" to replace one behaviour with another.
Posted
LOL You are supposed to lose control and bite, sometimes. You wouldn't be an ***, otherwise