Confused need advice...

Posted

When I was 19.  I randomly got talking to a young lady on a bus and she was with a friend and we'd all had a bit of a drink and so her friend decided to match us up.

And, at the time in particularly, I was rather eager - and she was... open to the idea of trying, to get to know me and such and we did have a short relationship

However, there were a couple of mismatches.   I was very keen and *maybe* a little too keen.  She was busy with college and had other existing friends she liked to see and do things with.   As well at the time it was all phone top ups and 10p text messages and stuff - so sometimes of course she wouldn't reply if she was busy with college, friends or simply had no credit - sometimes she might even be short and to the point again if she was busy

I often did find it difficult because the best time for us both to meet up was at a regular night where she had lots of friends and I didn't really, so I often felt quite left out and struggled a bit - and then of course kinda other meetings was around her schedule.

She was probably a lot more patient with me than I necessarily deserved, but the reality wasn't that she wasn't interested but that perhaps on top of her structure she didn't quite know how to drop a boyfriend into her time.

So simply, it didn't work out and it was largely because I wanted more of her time than, at that point, she was able to give me.

Ironically (or not) we remained friends and there were actually times we spent a lot more time together when things like college was broke up or we were still going to some of the same gigs except now I knew more people

And; there's a lot I potentially see in the same scenario as you.  

Posted
7 hours ago, fife685 said:

Well i did confess my feelings to her and we decided that we would like to get to know each other...but people change too lol

So you decided mutually "you'd like to get to know each other" - that's a world of difference from a confirmed relationship.
Sounds to me like either she's used that as a reason to keep you at arm's length without hurting your feelings, or she could possibly be unsure herself and just wants to see how things go.
Either way you have a choice to make, accept she's not that into you and back off, or take a step back, accept that this may only ever be a friendship and go along with seeing her on that basis (whilst putting your feelings to one side) and see how things pan out.
If you go with the latter you need to stop trying to read things into her actions and just go with the flow.

Posted
She simply sounds like a terrible texter. I'm the same way, when my Whatsapp is flooded with messages, I tend to respond less to those that don't require an immediate response. I believe you should base her feelings for you on real life interactions, how she handles conversations, and, of course, nonverbal signals.
Posted
Dunno if she's into you but don't waste your time.
You like her, ask her. If she likes you, she likes you. If she's doesn't, you've stopped wasting your time thinking of her. And you move on. Simple. Direct. Admirable.
Posted
14 hours ago, Aeonova said:
Dunno if she's into you but don't waste your time.
You like her, ask her. If she likes you, she likes you. If she's doesn't, you've stopped wasting your time thinking of her. And you move on. Simple. Direct. Admirable.

What if she answers with a "i dont know" or "i need some time to think"

Posted
5 minutes ago, fife685 said:

then you give her that time and space to think; don't push or pressure - and accept the answer you get might not be the one you want

Posted
9 hours ago, fife685 said:

"I dunno" is not "Yeah! I think you're great! Hang out with me?". Move on.

"I need some time to think" can mean a bunch of things. Maybe she is not sure... but you're a busy guy, you should have things you love doing that have nothing to do with her. If she misses the chance to be with you because she needed time to think, that's sad for her but that's life. If you're free when she's ready, great, if not that's too bad.
"I need time to think" is not "I like you and I'm ready to hang out cuz I have my life and my mind together".
Hang out with girls who like you, are sure they like you, and are ready to spend time with you, with no need to think.
Life is too short and you have too much fun and peace in your mind, on your own, to chase girls who aren't sure about you, aren't enthusiastic about you. Unless you really want to jump through hoops and wonder how a girl feels all the time. But I think you deserve a girl who likes you as much as you like her and who is mature enough to let you know directly.