Profile likes.... would this idea be of use / help..... just a thought.

ca****

Posted

This just came to my head and I wondered if it was worthwhile.......

There have been many threads and comments in the forum that deal with profiles / profiles content .... people asking what to include, what 'works'! and many times people telling others that their profiles aren't that great ..  or as in many cases their profiles are empty...

So it got me wondering if there was a use for something like the ability to give someone's profile a 'like' - where the number of likes is then visible of peoples profiles....  This is not about the numbers (personally i could give a fuck about how many numbers have viewed me) but it 'might' give people a good indicator as to what 'works' on a profile....        Or would it?

And tell me it doesnt already exist!!!!!!   ;)

Posted
Whilst I see where you're coming from, I think it would be too open to *** - can you imagine for instance the stampede by some men to "Like" all the women's profiles in the hope of getting noticed?
Or equally the reluctance of women to "Like" men's profiles for *** of getting an instant message saying "I see you liked my profile, that must mean you want to get jiggy with me"
If you made the "likes" anonymous that might fix the second problem, but not necessarily the first.
You'd then have the influx of posts whining about their lack of "likes"
I guess to an extent it already exists in the form of messages or spanks that someone might send if they like someone's profile, although that's obviously not something that can be seen publically.
Posted
This pretty much already exists with the "spanks" feature. It's not exactly robust but I'm not sure it needs to be.

I think gemini_man puts it best. It's likely it'll jusy be used to get attention (wanted or otherwise) rather than actually giving feedback on profiles.
Posted

Yeah i did wonder if that might be the case... I can see how certain profile may get a lot of attention (regardless of the quality of their content) and similarly assaid above how many might just give it a tick just to be noticed??   

I think it could well be kept anonymous - with the idea being that the number of 'likes' might give an indicator as to how well that profile is / has been perceived ( across the board).   re: Spanks - can you see how many spanks another profile has had???  (not sure I can).

re: the lack of likes , in a way that is how the concept might 'help'..... in that the like system then becomes an indicator to those wanting / needing more likes, ie it may throw some light on what they could add to their profiles  (or not).