You enjoy the sub being bratty?

Posted

Hey guys (mostly dommes), looking to learn, do you enjoy your subs (if masochistic, great!) a little bratty? Almost overly obedient? Asking for more punishment? Or enjoy anything else from your subs (and would consider it as a need for you?) I would be very curious to hear from you some reasonings behind why do you enjoy it

Posted
My subs are expected to conduct themselves as Lady’s in every respect. One example, is crossing their legs at the ankles, not the knees. So, you could say they’re good girls to the extreme. That being said, while /being/ a brat is outside of acceptable behavior, well timed playful brattiness is encouraged.
Being overly obedient can be an issue because I also expect my subs to speak up with any and all questions, comments, or concerns that they have. They are to let me know that discussion is needed, we make the time, I give them the floor, and I take my talking to. I’ll take their input into consideration but the final decision is always mine.
Punishment should never be wanted. I despise having to dole out punishment and should never be conflated with pleasure. One comes from a very particular place, while the other comes from a completely unrelated place. It’s not the action, it’s the reasoning.
While I expect a lot from my girls, I only require two things, and neither have to do with honorifics, or service, or anything else like that. Expectations that I hold above all others are communication and enthusiasm.
The main one is that they only refer to me by my preferred title if they believe that I’ve earned it. If I’m lacking, do not give me the honor, I’ll notice it quickly and ask what I’ve done wrong. Again, I sit down and take my talking to. Luckily, or maybe I’m just not bad at this thing, that doesn’t come up often, if ever, if I really give it thought.
My need is that they understand that they’re primary need, and this is held to memory, is to serve me. They should expect that I’m clear and detailed with my expectations and how to fulfill them. If I’m not clear, and this has happened, I can’t punish them, I won’t punish them. And so long as I own my mistakes and hold myself accountable to any piss poor decisions that I’ve made, they should be accepting and we’ll move forward.
There isn’t /a/ thing that does it for me. Unless that thing is getting into the rhythm of a new task or bit of service and knocking it out of the park. When I notice, and I hit them with well deserved praise and their reaction, while modest, screams, “I know, I know! I did this thing!” I am happier than a pig in poop. Nothing gives me more tingles than their sense of accomplishment.
That’s the nutshell, big nutshell, but that’s it.
Posted
I enjoy playful brattiness. If it’s 24/7 brattiness it’s just exhausting and not fun at all.
BruiseWayne
Posted (edited)

I actually like a brat who's got the sense enough to know when to relent and give in. Bratting can really spice things up and be challenging in a fun way, makes for good banter, and gives me an excuse to be extra evil sometimes. Not that I need that, but still lol.

Problem is most 'brats' these days are just aggressively endlessly annoying, and frustrating, and rude, and disobedient on purpose then expect you to just deal with it whether it's pushing past merely playing into actually being disrespectful to you as a Dom/me and a person or not. That's not being bratty. It's just being an asshole who happens to have some kinks... And quite frankly when the majority of submissive women you run into seem to have this exact personality type it gets to be boring and tedious after a while.

IMHO it's kinda selfish and manipulative in the first place to act like that because to me it just seems like you're only in it to get what YOU want and you're not really interested in legitimately serving the Dominant. It gives too much topping from the bottom vibes for my tastes. No thank you.

Just my two cents. But most 'brats' are just women ( and people ) with attitude problems who use that term as an excuse to be a lil rotten and have a convenient ass covering mechanism for their shit behavior. :P

Edited by BruiseWayne
Posted
From what I've experienced, bratting is a form of flirting to build more tension and appeal. It is really dependent on knowing your partner well and making sure you push the right buttons. The end goal is better engagement.
Posted

Depends on the type of bratting. Type one, generally new to BDSM, doesn't do research, does whatever they can to piss off their Dom and often doesn't seem do it as a way of asking to be dominated, but as a way of challenging the dynamic itself, which with two switches might be fun, but when you prefer a stable dynamic of Dom/sub with evolution of that dynamic within those roles it can be exhausting or frustrating to deal with such a brat.

The second type don't seek to legitimately disrespect the Dom but are playful, and 'push' the buttons rather than 'slamming' them, if that metaphor aligns with anyone else's view on it. It's more precise, seeking specific reactions and the enjoyment of both parties rather than the Dom's frustration. This type of brat is absolutely wonderful to interact with for me.