So you’ve called an ambulance…..

Pat334

Posted

So you tried something new, and it didn’t go exactly to plan. Oh dear. Maybe something hurts, you’re bleeding, you can’t move, or you can get something out of somewhere, and you need help. So you call 911. From an EMT, here’s what to expect. 

First, don’t be ashamed. You discover pretty early on that work titties and non work titties are very different (except for your partners, but I digress.)  In order to place EKG’s we have to manipulate female breasts all the time. And guys, y’all have a great IV vein at the base of your penis (that was a crazy call). We aren’t getting off, but simply doing our job. I promise. 

Second, be honest. PLEASE! I need to know what and where. If you tell me you have something stuck in a hole, not just anal ***, I can help make you comfortable and be prepared for any internal bleeding that could occur. I promise we aren’t judging you (we’re maschocists too, we work healthcare in 2023) we need to be as informed as possible. 

When we pick you up, if you’re able to walk please do, if not please let us know. We’ll bring our stretcher to you. If you’ve got bleeding or rope burns you should let us know immediately. We will need to get an idea of what has happened, but you may not need to expose yourself completely. We’ll cover you up and take you to the truck. We’re gonna ask a bunch of questions like name, birthdate, and Social (no we’re not stealing the $13.79 from your account, we need to see your medical records and be able to tell the er who you are.)

Don’t ask us to remove the object, that’s not a good idea. We don’t throw what that object had done to you, it could be holding back some major bleeding. Unless it’s immediately blocking your airway, we are generally going to leave it in place. Surgeons are paid a lot more than us. 

We might have to stick you with an IV, and that’s okay. We’re very good at it. But if you don’t want one, you have the right to refuse. We’re not gonna stick you unnecessarily though, it’s there for a reason. 

If you want, ask for someone of the same gender to ride with you in the back. It might not always be possible due to staffing issues or *** , but we’ll do our best to help you out! 

Your partner will more than likely not be allowed to ride, although this can vary from service to service. Some places are different then others. They are more than welcome to meet you at the ER. It normally takes a few minutes to get you checked in but as soon as you are then they can come on back (in most cases). 

We’re not gonna tell anyone. And I mean ANYONE what happened. And that goes for the hospital too. If your mom is in the house when we get there and doesn’t know why we were called, she won’t know when we leave either. We are honor bound to keep your secrets (we can also get in BIG trouble) and want to protect you. What you decide to tell them is your business, and personally I’ll tell them you got stung on the leg by an elephant if you ask me too. 

We don’t give a shit about insurance. I work on an ambulance, not a billing office. Tons of people can’t pay upfront. There are so many programs that can help cover the cost, even without insurance. If it’s a real emergency, you shouldn’t worry about ***. That comes later and isn’t as bad as you think it is. I promise. Our normal bill at my service is 400 for a bad call where we use a lot of stuff . The patient normally paid like $20 if that. It’s okay. Don’t freak. 

Just remember, we’re here to help, we keep your secrets, and we do care about you, not what you’ve done. We’ve seen way WAY worse and we want to keep you safe. 

Finally, IF THERES NO FLARE , IT DOESNT GO THERE!!!!!!

Comment below all your questions. 

Posted
Yes to all of this!
Adding on to it:
-practice PRICK/RACK when playing (Personal Responsibility, Informed, Consensual Kink/Risk Aware Consensual Kink). Know your materials, your body, your partner(s), and the potential risks (to the best of your abilities) before playing!
-EMS/trauma/medical shears (rein***d scissors) should also be kept within the rigger/rope top’s reach for any kind of rope play
Posted

YES! I always keep trauma shears nearby. If I leave a sub tied up alone for a scene I leave the shears in their hand and their hands as the apex of the knot (def not the right term) within reach!!,!

Sadistocrat
Posted
You did not start a dick IV…
Posted
6 hours ago, Pat334 said:

So you tried something new, and it didn’t go exactly to plan. Oh dear. Maybe something hurts, you’re bleeding, you can’t move, or you can get something out of somewhere, and you need help. So you call 911. From an EMT, here’s what to expect. 

First, don’t be ashamed. You discover pretty early on that work titties and non work titties are very different (except for your partners, but I digress.)  In order to place EKG’s we have to manipulate female breasts all the time. And guys, y’all have a great IV vein at the base of your penis (that was a crazy call). We aren’t getting off, but simply doing our job. I promise. 

Second, be honest. PLEASE! I need to know what and where. If you tell me you have something stuck in a hole, not just anal ***, I can help make you comfortable and be prepared for any internal bleeding that could occur. I promise we aren’t judging you (we’re maschocists too, we work healthcare in 2023) we need to be as informed as possible. 

When we pick you up, if you’re able to walk please do, if not please let us know. We’ll bring our stretcher to you. If you’ve got bleeding or rope burns you should let us know immediately. We will need to get an idea of what has happened, but you may not need to expose yourself completely. We’ll cover you up and take you to the truck. We’re gonna ask a bunch of questions like name, birthdate, and Social (no we’re not stealing the $13.79 from your account, we need to see your medical records and be able to tell the er who you are.)

Don’t ask us to remove the object, that’s not a good idea. We don’t throw what that object had done to you, it could be holding back some major bleeding. Unless it’s immediately blocking your airway, we are generally going to leave it in place. Surgeons are paid a lot more than us. 

We might have to stick you with an IV, and that’s okay. We’re very good at it. But if you don’t want one, you have the right to refuse. We’re not gonna stick you unnecessarily though, it’s there for a reason. 

If you want, ask for someone of the same gender to ride with you in the back. It might not always be possible due to staffing issues or *** , but we’ll do our best to help you out! 

Your partner will more than likely not be allowed to ride, although this can vary from service to service. Some places are different then others. They are more than welcome to meet you at the ER. It normally takes a few minutes to get you checked in but as soon as you are then they can come on back (in most cases). 

We’re not gonna tell anyone. And I mean ANYONE what happened. And that goes for the hospital too. If your mom is in the house when we get there and doesn’t know why we were called, she won’t know when we leave either. We are honor bound to keep your secrets (we can also get in BIG trouble) and want to protect you. What you decide to tell them is your business, and personally I’ll tell them you got stung on the leg by an elephant if you ask me too. 

We don’t give a shit about insurance. I work on an ambulance, not a billing office. Tons of people can’t pay upfront. There are so many programs that can help cover the cost, even without insurance. If it’s a real emergency, you shouldn’t worry about ***. That comes later and isn’t as bad as you think it is. I promise. Our normal bill at my service is 400 for a bad call where we use a lot of stuff . The patient normally paid like $20 if that. It’s okay. Don’t freak. 

Just remember, we’re here to help, we keep your secrets, and we do care about you, not what you’ve done. We’ve seen way WAY worse and we want to keep you safe. 

Finally, IF THERES NO FLARE , IT DOESNT GO THERE!!!!!!

Comment below all your questions. 

IN ADDITION~CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT AS THEY ARE FREE WITH THEIR EMT SERVICES IN MOST CASES. MANY STATES THE EMT SERVICES DO CHARGE AS STATED AND CAN CHARGE WAY MORE THAT EXPLAINED HERE. TRUST EVERYTHING this person said here>especially about release of your personal information. They not only can get fired for it but you can sue them in civil court for it. So nobody's going to risk talking out of turn when it comes to telling anybody what's going on with you. My mother is retired nurse who spend over 40 years in the field. My brother is a Senior PA in the Emergency surgery Department for 37 years. THEY have seen it all and there's no shame in their game. Please just make it easier for everybody around and save time and possibly your life by preventing internal bleeding by simply being honest with these people. Our First Responders are here to help you not to hurt you OR to shame or embarrass you in any way. 

#FIREFIGHTERSDAUGHTER

Posted
1 hour ago, ThumperG said:

IN ADDITION~CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT AS THEY ARE FREE WITH THEIR EMT SERVICES IN MOST CASES. MANY STATES THE EMT SERVICES DO CHARGE AS STATED AND CAN CHARGE WAY MORE THAT EXPLAINED HERE. TRUST EVERYTHING this person said here>especially about release of your personal information. They not only can get fired for it but you can sue them in civil court for it. So nobody's going to risk talking out of turn when it comes to telling anybody what's going on with you. My mother is retired nurse who spend over 40 years in the field. My brother is a Senior PA in the Emergency surgery Department for 37 years. THEY have seen it all and there's no shame in their game. Please just make it easier for everybody around and save time and possibly your life by preventing internal bleeding by simply being honest with these people. Our First Responders are here to help you not to hurt you OR to shame or embarrass you in any way. 

#FIREFIGHTERSDAUGHTER

Absolutely! So a facet of modern dispatch is that often Fire will be auto dispatched, or is even running the ambulance. It depends on the system, severity, and availability of units. There are a litany of scenarios, but all consist of professional, courteous, and discreet help and care being rendered. 

Posted
Love this. UK based NHS worker, we’re also duty bound to a code of confidentiality (unless you’re deemed to be an immediate danger to yourself or others). Please use us if you need us and be as honest as you can x
Posted
If you ever want proof that they’ve seen it ALL before, try dating a nurse and prepare to learn a whole bunch of new tricks* ❤️❤️❤️ *sense of humour recommended.
Posted
This is great to know, thanks for posting!
Posted
2 hours ago, FatefulDestiny said:

Love this. UK based NHS worker, we’re also duty bound to a code of confidentiality (unless you’re deemed to be an immediate danger to yourself or others). Please use us if you need us and be as honest as you can x

Absolutely! Privacy in healthcare is so important. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TanjiroLondon said:

If you ever want proof that they’ve seen it ALL before, try dating a nurse and prepare to learn a whole bunch of new tricks* ❤️❤️❤️ *sense of humour recommended.

For sure!! Nurses are the craziest. Er and icu definitely top the chart 😂

Edited by Pat334
Posted

In a perfect world the EMT's are there to help you.  In 2001 an EMT who transported me stole my ID and bought a BMW.  It took two years to straighten that out.  So the lesson I learned was NOT to distrust  EMTs but instead to safeguard myself whenever my personal data is given out to anyone.  It is a smart thing to freeze your credit and follow up for a while to be sure it is not misused.   That's good advice for any time you share your data with anyone.  It is not a good reason to give false data to EMTs.

Besides, If you are in danger of suffering permanent damage or even death, who cares what anyone thinks about you, your choices,  or how you "play".   Do not be ashamed of your personal choices.  You never have to see them again after this.  But at least you'll be around to make that choice.   Besides isn't one of the finest things about this lifestyle the ability to shrug off the judgement of others?  Just sayin'

Posted
2 hours ago, KinkyMinx2023 said:

In a perfect world the EMT's are there to help you.  In 2001 an EMT who transported me stole my ID and bought a BMW.  It took two years to straighten that out.  So the lesson I learned was NOT to distrust  EMTs but instead to safeguard myself whenever my personal data is given out to anyone.  It is a smart thing to freeze your credit and follow up for a while to be sure it is not misused.   That's good advice for any time you share your data with anyone.  It is not a good reason to give false data to EMTs.

Besides, If you are in danger of suffering permanent damage or even death, who cares what anyone thinks about you, your choices,  or how you "play".   Do not be ashamed of your personal choices.  You never have to see them again after this.  But at least you'll be around to make that choice.   Besides isn't one of the finest things about this lifestyle the ability to shrug off the judgement of others?  Just sayin'

I’m so sorry to hear that happened to you. I can’t imagine how much that sucked. 

One thing I say all the time talking to other providers is that ego and judgement have no place. I don’t care that you used a stern tone of voice. I don’t care that you were gruff or short. It’s all about the best interest of the patient.

I agree that everybody should not feel like they are being judged. But a lot of people do. And I’m here to tell you that I’m sure there will be people who will judge you. But I am most certainly not one of them. I don’t care how you got there. I’m just here to help you moving forward.

Posted
On 4/9/2023 at 9:00 AM, Pat334 said:

For sure!! Nurses are the craziest. Er and icu definitely top the chart 😂

Talk about stories, my mother did the surgery floors for a while so she had people looped out after surgery but that wasn't too bad. Then she also did a whole bunch of her time in the ER.  But honestly out of her many decades as an RN~mostly, she worked the psychiatric ward. 😂 

Posted
4 hours ago, ThumperG said:

Talk about stories, my mother did the surgery floors for a while so she had people looped out after surgery but that wasn't too bad. Then she also did a whole bunch of her time in the ER.  But honestly out of her many decades as an RN~mostly, she worked the psychiatric ward. 😂 

God bless psych ward nurses. That’s a whole different type of medicine 😂 

Posted
Medics and EMTs never did get enough credit. The last thing the ems provider is thinking about is anything sexual when in that situation. There is a very serious problem at the moment and there is time for perverse nature.
Posted
On 4/11/2023 at 6:04 AM, Pat334 said:

God bless psych ward nurses. That’s a whole different type of medicine 😂 

My mother and self count as the TRUE LITTLES~4 feet 10 inches and under crew you know. So in the few mins it'd take an orderly to get to a room? My mother has been picked up and flung against the wall a bunch of times. She had like three back surgeries because she's degenerative bone disease because the discs were crumbling. You don't know TRUE FIRE until you've had a little person run up, and take a flying leap and jump onto you to try to hold you down on the bed for a shot cuz that's going to be their only chance to pin you down before the orderly gets in there.

😉💪🔥😎💉😂

Posted
1 minute ago, MasterRooster said:

The orderly sounds like a meathead.

No they are floors with sometimes only 2 per floor and 2 RNs and maybe 1 LPN and 1 Aide if they were lucky. I believe there was 20 or 22 beds up there? She used to work overnights which is the other reason why they'd run light on orderlies... People are supposed to be sleeping. But sometimes they don't, sometimes they wake up, sometimes they are irate, and of course sometimes they get violent. He may be on the other side of the loop the other RN and you're getting flung 14 rooms down on the totally other side of the oval where the other room is. Whoever is closest just follows the screams and runs is how it works in any hospital.