Kink and BDSM Furniture

Posted

Hi all! 

Carrying on from a brief discussion in the chat, does anyone have any experience with buying or using kink specific or dual use/secret function furniture? I'm a furniture maker looking to expand into some slightly more unusual avenues! 

Would be very interested to discuss ideas, requirement in form and function, feedback or more technical detail. 

Thanks I'm advance! 

Posted
I'm a fan of Dungeon Beds. Check out their designs for inspiration.
Posted
Yes the liberator is one of the best , the chaise is also
Posted
Europe lacks good quality everyday furniture with bondage features.

If it could be a casual, high quality piece, but has hidden features, so it can be offered anywhere, that would be a marketing summit
Posted
1 hour ago, DonDante said:

If it could be a casual, high quality piece, but has hidden features, so it can be offered anywhere, that would be a marketing summit

Are there rules in the EU that furniture can't have visible BDSM features?

Posted
2 hours ago, DonDante said:

This was the direction I was looking to go in. High quality, every day furniture with hidden features. I don't think the quality, purpose or usability of a piece should be compromised by its second purpose. 

The next challenge would be marketing in an informed way and to the broadest market possible considering the context which is the tricky bit. 

I'd be mainly looking at selling within the UK and am not aware of rules or regs that might impact the project, and would be keen to look into export if the UK market took it well

Posted
17 hours ago, Muso83 said:

Keep them under £100 they will sell like pancakes

If I could manufacture and sell full sized furniture in small batch for under £100, I'd be thrilled! Unfortunately, that sort of price point isn't really attainable for smaller companies and solo makers 

Posted

Hi all, again! 

Just wanted to say thank you for the feedback both on here and through messages, we'll be looking at starting some trials! 

Cheers, 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
I build adult furniture check one of my pics out
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

That's certainly something I'll have to look into more! 

• 1 month later...
Posted
I am in the process of creating a St Andrews cross to attach to my bedroom wall. It will have various heavy duty fixtures on it… for hanging baskets. This may not work for many, but I live in a very old village and keep a lot of house plants! So it’ll be dual purpose, not obvious and, eventually, a lot of fun
Posted

That sounds like an enjoyable project! Very clever solution for the duel purpose disguise! 

Posted
Sadly, I’m not the best tool weilder so it may yet be a huge flop 😂
Posted

Well, feel free to drop me a message if you need any advice! 

Posted
13 minutes ago, jb93 said:

Well, feel free to drop me a message if you need any advice! 

I will remember that and most likely take you up on it! Thank you!