CNC vs Free Use

Va****

Posted
When fellow kinksters read my profile and get to Free Use I get messages like “I see you’re Free Use are you into CNC?” I don’t see the terms as interchangeable.
My question is this: Do you see a difference between the two? If not, why? If so, how do you make the distinction?
Posted
I see a difference. I love both but free use in my mind isn't always CNC because it doesn't need to be rough or role played as violent. It can be blended together for some fun experiences but in a previous relationship where my partner liked free use it was nothing like CNC
Posted
I am honestly shocked that anyone could confuse the two. There is a clear and very obvious difference: Free use is that you are ALWAYS up for having sex. CNC is you want to play around a roleplay where you pretend that you are NOT AT ALL UP FOR HAVING SEX.
Posted
Maybe they are just trying to inquire about your interests to see if it extends to that too, since they are at least kiiiiiinda in the same ballpark (not really, but I can see why some would think so)? It's the only thing I can think of.
Posted
The difference I see with it is free use is the act of you giving consent for someone to "use" you when they want, while you are cooking, talking on the phone, watching TV, etc. CNC for me falls under more of specific role play scenario. It is more of you giving consent with the illusion of not having consent for them instead of just having consent.
HungThiccNB
Posted
There's definitely a distinction, in free use you're basically giving yourself up whereas in cnc you're roleplaying the act of *** and struggle.
Cheekysub247
Posted
Just to ask.
I assume CNC is r*pe play in your definition? Rather than a CNC lifestyle?
Posted
5 minutes ago, Goodtime36 said:

The difference I see with it is free use is the act of you giving consent for someone to "use" you when they want, while you are cooking, talking on the phone, watching TV, etc. CNC for me falls under more of specific role play scenario. It is more of you giving consent with the illusion of not having consent for them instead of just having consent.

This. The key is that free use is 'I always consent, don't even ask', while CNC is 'Imma pretend I don't consent and you gonna pretend that you think I'm not consenting'. You definitely don't just casually start doing CNC with any partner, but the point of free use is that you can casually start playing with them whenever.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Cheekysub247 said:
Just to ask.
I assume CNC is r*pe play in your definition? Rather than a CNC lifestyle?

Yes. Can you explain the difference?

Posted
Free use is a what I get from you. CNC is how. Or…
Free use is (to us) 24/7. CNC is a negotiated scene. Or…
Free use is matter of fact and almost blasé. CNC has inherent triggers built in. Or…
Free use is closer tied to service. CNC is is closer tied to sex. Or…
Free use is me telling you to pass me a lit cigarette. And I’m serious, I want a smoke.
Posted
1 minute ago, phantum said:
Free use is a what I get from you. CNC is how. Or…
Free use is (to us) 24/7. CNC is a negotiated scene. Or…
Free use is matter of fact and almost blasé. CNC has inherent triggers built in. Or…
Free use is closer tied to service. CNC is is closer tied to sex. Or…
Free use is me telling you to pass me a lit cigarette. And I’m serious, I want a smoke.

Yes Sir!

Cheekysub247
Posted

@Valkyrie_Wings some people use the term CNC as a r*pe role play, others use it as part of their relationship, so literally they give up consent/choice to even things they might hate or not want to do. 

Its hard to word lol

Posted
The difference is the pre-négociation. It’s like, for free use you leave the door open, but CNc you locked it but told the person where the key is, as an allegorical explanation..
Btw CNc is not always related to *** role play. Could be any other kind of play.
Posted
4 minutes ago, QXX666 said:
The difference is the pre-négociation. It’s like, for free use you leave the door open, but CNc you locked it but told the person where the key is, as an allegorical explanation..
Btw CNc is not always related to *** role play. Could be any other kind of play.

my Dom absolutely loves this response (as do i). What a great way of putting it!

Posted
9 minutes ago, QXX666 said:

Straight up, you could close the thread on this one.

Posted
31 minutes ago, QXX666 said:

A perfect explanation (IMO of course)

DarkArts1066
Posted
The two are separate entities.

I was going to reply more fully, but QXX666’s allegory has stolen the show ! Spot on. 👍🏻
Posted
it comes down to style and consent freeuse is much less violent and there is no non consent roleplay while cnc is much much more violent and that element of non consent roleplay is included both are a good time however both are not the same
Posted

I understand the difference but also understand why some confuse the two

a lot of people confuse CNC in general.

So if an ongoing relationship or specific framework is 'free use' then sex is available when required. If it is CNC in an ongoing relationship or specific framework then sex is available when required.

Obviously there ARE differences as have been explained above but it's understandable why some get confused.

See also, as pointed above, that people think CNC is r*pe play and it's not, they're two different things.

Posted
this is what im trying to.learn but too..