Peyronies Disease

ge****

Posted
Apologies in advance if this is a long read

Posting this here as wasn't sure where else was relevant and do so not for sympathy, but to educate and hopefully show other men that suffer from the condition that it's OK.
For those of you that don't know Peyronies Disease is a condition that affects about 10% of men over 40 - and despite it's name is not a disease, is not infectious in any way and can't be caught.
It's a condition that results in a bend in the penis of a significant angle - usually resulting from plaques in the shaft of the penis. Not a lot is known about the causes, for some trauma can be a factor, for others it may be genetic or there may be no obvious cause - but it can obviously have a huge impact both physically and mentally.
There is no known "cure" other than fairly radical surgery that is not guaranteed to work and may cause shortening or ED amongst other things. Vacuum pumps and traction devices do work for some men, but again offer no guarantees, and there are of course plenty of "quack" remedies and clinics who take your *** and offer very little in return.
I first developed the condition a little over two years ago when I noticed a significant bend (approx 30-40 degrees to the right from about half way up my shaft) - since then it's evolved to have a similar bend upwards as well as some loss of length.
I took the decision to not have surgery, or chase a "fix" and have pretty much accepted it for what it is - it doesn't really impact me hugely anyway, it means I have to approach sex differently, but that's fine, I've never been a great one for penetrative sex anyway.
As I said, not putting it out there for sympathy or anything else, I've accepted it and am generally happy, but wanted to raise awareness and educate something that isn't discussed or known much about - but happy to answer questions, or if there are other guys like me out there my inbox is always open
TheDeathRictus
Posted
Appreciate the fact that your openness may help others bro, glad you found your peace
Posted
Thanks for talking bout it mate, I’ve had it for a few years now (diabetes caused mine) and it’s a tough thing to explain, took me a long time to accept it
Posted
3 hours ago, KinkySundays said:
Thanks for talking bout it mate, I’ve had it for a few years now (diabetes caused mine) and it’s a tough thing to explain, took me a long time to accept it

Thanks for sharing and it is a tough thing to explain - though I've found mostly the toughness has been bought about by my own self-doubt and anxieties about it - most people I've told have been understanding and sympathetic.
Think the problem is, despite it's prevalence it's a little known condition that isn't hugely researched and many men are too embarrassed to discuss it or even get it checked medically when it does happen, which is why I wanted to raise awareness.

Posted
1 hour ago, Leisa said:
I don’t really see what the issue could be if it works fine. That bend may hit your partner just right.

Thanks Leisa and sure for some it can work and in some instances may enhance things as you suggest - but that's not always the case, some men find it impossible to have penetrative sex for example, some are so embarrassed by it they hide themselves away and worse.
I didn't raise it (no pun intended) because it's an "issue" as such, not for me anyway as I said I've accepted it - but to firstly raise awareness of this little known condition, and secondly perhaps help others who may have it and feel it's something to be ashamed of or worse.

Posted
A stretcher has shown to help correct it honestly. I have a bend that when younger was a bit ***ful and a stretcher is a little uncomfortable until used to it but has shown correction that did not make it uncomfortable anymore
Posted
1 hour ago, RicanBatman said:
A stretcher has shown to help correct it honestly. I have a bend that when younger was a bit ***ful and a stretcher is a little uncomfortable until used to it but has shown correction that did not make it uncomfortable anymore

Glad it's worked for you and yes they have been shown to have positive effects for some men, think a lot depends on the location and degree from all I've read

• 9 months later...
Posted
Bumping for awareness