Treat people with respect

Posted

Maybe it's a male thing? I've found most people on here to be helpful and open when approached. I think just be yourself, be friendly.

Don't take it personally if/when things don't work out.

Explore, chat, post and connect I guess.

Posted
48 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

there's a lot I think is always important to consider.

when you see people writing on each others walls you don't know the nature of their relationship.   They may have previous rapport from chat, forums, etc. to know that seemingly unacceptable comments are actually acceptable.  It's about rapport.

I know it can be difficult if you feel that there are threads you can't contribute to - but, for example, if you have a question it's much more likely to get a response if thrown to the floor (i.e. public in the forum) than sent to someone in PM who might be wondering why it was sent.

Bonds and rapport can build quite quickly.  It's just sometimes a case of being in the right places.   It's just important that if you are interested in something (i.e. the kink scene) there's a lot where ultimately you're responsible for your own learning - and nobody has the time really to individually guide any/every one - so the more time you spend on yourself, the better you become to deal with - perhaps there becomes a forum where someone asks a question and it's like "hey, I read this cool blog on this - and while it's not something I'm experienced in the blog suggested..."  

* Of course, I also understand that there can be a previous relationship, but I understand that not everything I see on the walls treating and speaking badly to submissive roles can be based on previous relationships, because I doubt that a submissive is relating to 15 different "doms" in each photo she puts on the web, and that they write to her on the wall that they want to tie her up and whip her.

* I understand now thanks to what you say that it will be good for me to try to maintain a balance between a good participation in the forum and contacts or private messages.

* And of course, I don't want anyone to guide me by the hand, there is enough information in many places, but as in everything in life, you always have doubts when you start certain paths and more if you want to do well from the beginning. That's why I try not only to answer my doubts in the forum or reading (many times I only have time to read) but also trying to know little by little people with more experience and have a closer treatment than just through the forum. It gives me more confidence and peace of mind.

Thank you for your reply eyemblacksheep.

Posted
1 hour ago, LazyPiratesBounty said:

Maybe it's a male thing? I've found most people on here to be helpful and open when approached. I think just be yourself, be friendly.

Don't take it personally if/when things don't work out.

Explore, chat, post and connect I guess.

OK. Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind.

Posted

when I say existing relationship it can be any time of rapport.   And people do like different things it can be difficult to second guess.