Title: AI-GENERATED PIC

br****

Posted
In a word no, I'd actually be more likely to report the profile than go on a date with the owner.
Posted
I dunno. They typically have more than 5 fingers on their hands, so that could be interesting! 😂👐
Posted
Why would I engage with a catfish and a dishonest individual?
Posted
Definitely not. I wouldn’t even chat with them until they send me a photo showing who they are.
Posted

A lot depends on context.   Especially if it's clearly AI and that they're open about this.

There are people who I've played with whose profile pictures are cartoons or drawings (of them) 

Posted

I just wouldn’t be so quick to judge. Maybe talk a bit and find out why and ask for more pics

Posted
All must engage in a vid call or voice one before a fet date .
Posted
If they clearly identified the image as not of them but illustrative, because they have privacy concerns or are very new and don't want to commit just yet, then I might consider it. Generally I dislike empty or evasive profiles and therefore the people behind them.
Posted
Clearly, conversation must be Be had to prove who is who? Like it's been said already. You never knows. On the other end, they could just be shy and learning to come out of their shell, or they may need help. Like the same says don't judge a book by its cover or a person by other picture
Posted
Not if someone can't even show who they are. There needs to be openness. Better question is why wouldn't someone show who they are if looking to date? That would be a red flag 🚩 for me.
Posted
In my experience I've had lots of pictures or single picture lots of information or no information changing it all the time etc and no luck so I don't know profiles are overlooked alot of the time
Posted (edited)

I'm very cautious about people seeing my face, they can expose you if they want to. I would prefer to get to know them very well and check that they are "genuine"before they see pics of my face.

I think we should all respect the fact that just because one person may be ok having they're face on their profile, it may give others anxiety issues. It doesn't mean that we're bad or "ugly" people, it just means that we're treading with caution. 

I personally don't have a problem if someone takes a while to show me a pic of their face as I understand the anxiety that it can bring.

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted
1 hour ago, Felixdomme said:

I just wouldn’t be so quick to judge. Maybe talk a bit and find out why and ask for more pics

I agree

Posted

Absolutely not, no.

And I'd likely report the image, as to my knowledge AI generated pics aren't allowed.

There are many who like discretion, fine but there are ways to take a photo of yourself without exposing your face or full face. People want to meet real people, to relate. They can't do that if seeking dates with real folks, if there's nothing real about the image. 

Posted
1 hour ago, eyemblacksheep said:

A lot depends on context.   Especially if it's clearly AI and that they're open about this.

There are people who I've played with whose profile pictures are cartoons or drawings (of them) 

I was going to say this, but you said it and saved me the trouble :) so I’ll just like your reply instead 🙂

Posted
Well I’d ask for a real life pic from them before hand and if still unsure then ask them to take a pic with 2 fingers up or whatever to confirm they are real not just a pic off google. If going on a date they won’t mind showing their face as your going to see their face in real life
Posted
No not at all. Why lie in a picture of who you are?
Posted
I wouldn't even talk to them. Someone who's not willing to show me who they are, and is deceptive enough to try and show a false identity is someone I can't trust enough to share my evening with, let alone my bed.