Do you think there are different "levels" of submission?

forever_slave_7

forever_slave_7
Posted

Hi everyone,

my question jumped in my head because I read about other subs who used to practice often hard BDSM and were hey basically do everything. My level of submission is related to the relation sub/Mistress where my main domination is concerning mental submission, rope bunny, orgasm control...

My worries come out because I think if I dont do everything it would be much harder for me to find out the right Mistress, but I cant do everything.

Please share your opinion, thanks so much

Posted
Yeah I do think there are different levels. I like to be a daddy/dom/alpha type, but I see my self as a soft dom type as I don't like to do anything hard core and I'm more of a caring type. I have spoke to soft sub and one who is very bratty.
Posted
There are levels to everything. I honestly I prefer extreme doms but everyone is different. There are soft doms that would be happy to take you in.
Posted

Absolutely. Every sub and every dom has what they will and won't do. I'm a switch so I have the unique perspective of both. 

As a sub my limits are Absolutely based on my dom because I'm a service sub. My pleasure is seeing them happy and proud of me. As a Dom, I would never allow this type of submission from another human. I don't find it attractive or desirable. 

As a sub I crave extreme forms of ***. As a dom, nope. I won't hurt someone the way I need. 

EVERYONE HAS LIMITS. THEY ARE EITHER LIEING OR THEY HAVENT FOUND THEM YET. BUT EVERYONE HAS LIMITS.  

Whenever someone tells me they don't have limits, I immediately ask them to shit in between 2 peices of bread, add lettuce and eat the entire thing. Not a single person has done that and they all say oh OK that's a limit. 

Posted

I don't see it entirely as different levels, but this is something I'll circle back to for an exception

there are different TYPES of people under the submission umbrella and even under that - that two different people who are similar in their submission would still have different likes and dislikes and different willingness to do their dislikes

(equally, there are a lot of different types of people under the Dominance umbrella - same applies)

the truth is it can be hard to find partners because of lining up with likes and dislikes anyway :/

to say they are different 'levels' often kinda implies that one type of sub or Dom is "better" than another when this is not the case.

For the exception...

there are people in a changeable dynamic.  Two easy ways to describe this.  One is - in public, so that for example how their dynamic changes if they are out in public or have guests over : another is... high protocol... that there are some people enjoy high protocol, but not *all* of the time - so might have periods where it is higher protocol (but they're still submissive outside of this) which could be ad hoc, set days, or only at events. 

forever_slave_7
Posted
On 9/20/2023 at 11:46 PM, wolf17 said:

Yeah I do think there are different levels. I like to be a daddy/dom/alpha type, but I see my self as a soft dom type as I don't like to do anything hard core and I'm more of a caring type. I have spoke to soft sub and one who is very bratty.

understand, thanks

forever_slave_7
Posted
On 9/21/2023 at 2:31 AM, buckley887 said:

Absolutely. Every sub and every dom has what they will and won't do. I'm a switch so I have the unique perspective of both. 

As a sub my limits are Absolutely based on my dom because I'm a service sub. My pleasure is seeing them happy and proud of me. As a Dom, I would never allow this type of submission from another human. I don't find it attractive or desirable. 

As a sub I crave extreme forms of ***. As a dom, nope. I won't hurt someone the way I need. 

EVERYONE HAS LIMITS. THEY ARE EITHER LIEING OR THEY HAVENT FOUND THEM YET. BUT EVERYONE HAS LIMITS.  

Whenever someone tells me they don't have limits, I immediately ask them to shit in between 2 peices of bread, add lettuce and eat the entire thing. Not a single person has done that and they all say oh OK that's a limit. 

totally agreed. Of course I have my limits and I dont like when a Mistress tells me that I have limits ... Same xperience

Posted
4 hours ago, forever_slave_7 said:

totally agreed. Of course I have my limits and I dont like when a Mistress tells me that I have limits ... Same xperience

I also hate when a Dom insists I have limits. I take it as a challenge. 🤣

forever_slave_7
Posted
20 hours ago, buckley887 said:

It can be a challenge :) that is true, but for some reason it's breaking the magic between me and my Mistress. This is probably one of the reason of my topic

forever_slave_7
Posted
On 9/28/2023 at 3:24 AM, buckley887 said:

I think the threshold of limits ca n be raised, but it is important for me to talk with the Dom and especially having a Dom that ask, during our chatting time

SubofMissRose
Posted

For me you first have to work out how regular the domination will be before you consider severity. Do you and your Dom want it to be say a weekly session or be 'on demand' or be full time. My Dom wife and I have just moved to 'on demand ' domination.

Posted
I think it’s a spectrum and that everyone is different and categorizing people beyond their specific kinks is a little restrictive