In need of some ideas, or guidance perhaps

HexedTempest

Posted

A little back story i guess, I've never really been the type of person that liked to take pictures or be in them. But something about how Hex likes me taking pictures of her. I actually enjoy it. I feel like a voyeur. (well what i would imagine one would feel like.) So on that, I don't know why, maybe exhibitionisms,  but I've wanted to take our "photos" outside. the thrill of possibly being seen makes it seem risky or dangerous. LOL. well i mentioned it to her, and she said "Yeah, sounds fun!"  So this is super exciting, but also feels rare or special. so i don't want to just take naked photos of her in the backyard. :jumping: I want to kind of make them special or memorable.  kind of like Boudoir type photos if that's a thing. I figure with people from all walks of the globe here there might be a few that actually dabble in photography, or maybe a few that have taken photos like this. and could give some pointers, ideas, anything. lol. 

Thanks for sharing in my excitement. lol 

Posted
A neat idea that just got me -- have her stage doing some kind of outdoor domestic labor like hanging laundry or gardening. Like, "this needs to get done, but He didn't want me covered up." That's one general concept you could try and it gives you some opportunities to incorporate different props.
Posted
It's great your both in that place and should explore more. Phones have good cameras for now but depends on the dynamic your looking for. Posed or natural shots. Have fun
Posted
Find a secluded place so that you don't accidentally have to explain why you are taking nudes, lol. Or, you can pay to rent an area and tell them you're doing that, but that gets pricey.

Start small, like your backyard and at night, and then get more inventive. There may also be nude beaches near where you live, and that is an option.

The boudoir idea is all about how the pose is done and less about location. The theme when you look at those pictures is that, on the whole, they are a tease. Sure, the model is fully nude, but there is really nothing showing most of the time. Maybe a nipple peaks out. But mostly, everything is covered, and technically, it could be shown on TV.

With that in mind, think props. Something like a chair in the back yard, or a well placed glass covers a lot. At the beach-plenty to play with, from shells to balls to furniture and umbrellas, the fun us in the creativity you bring.
Posted
If it is within your budget get a small sale and a flash with a stand and small diffuser. That way when you’re out and someone happens upon you you won’t look as out of place. You’re simply making art.
Led lights are dirt cheap (compared to £350 Canon strobes) and can be used in all sorts of ways, straight, angled, curved and/or looped, in frame, out of frame plus tonnes of colour control.
Also Christmas lights or rope lights look awesome wrapped around a naked subject.
A small word of caution, this can get addictive, one day it’s a basic dslr, the next you have a portable studio with green screens, smoke machines and ***y expensive computers working on layers and masks and blend modes….
Posted
1 hour ago, SteveStark said:
*dslr.

Sounds like you know this from experience. Lol.

Posted
Well this being the first time, I'm working with a Canon PowerShot at night. We will have to wait till our littles are asleep before we can "sneak" out. Should I be concerned with the cameras flash since it will be really dark out and no natural lighting. I know they have a tendency to kinda take that soft feel away from the picture.
Maraba_digital
Posted

I have done a few shoots like this. My suggestion for your first time is to find different pics you like then try to copy them. At least the posing. 

On a technical level make sure you have plenty of light. You can always edit them to be darker even with free software. 

Watch your ISO. Bigger the ISO the more grainy the picture will be. 

Google the exposure triangle to help with settings. 

Just have some fun!

TimtheMerciless
Posted
On 10/19/2023 at 7:38 AM, HexedTempest said:

A little back story i guess, I've never really been the type of person that liked to take pictures or be in them. But something about how Hex likes me taking pictures of her. I actually enjoy it. I feel like a voyeur. (well what i would imagine one would feel like.) So on that, I don't know why, maybe exhibitionisms,  but I've wanted to take our "photos" outside. the thrill of possibly being seen makes it seem risky or dangerous. LOL. well i mentioned it to her, and she said "Yeah, sounds fun!"  So this is super exciting, but also feels rare or special. so i don't want to just take naked photos of her in the backyard. :jumping: I want to kind of make them special or memorable.  kind of like Boudoir type photos if that's a thing. I figure with people from all walks of the globe here there might be a few that actually dabble in photography, or maybe a few that have taken photos like this. and could give some pointers, ideas, anything. lol. 

Thanks for sharing in my excitement. lol 

Here's some my 11 guide rules

But you can break all of them sometimes. They are just ways to experiment and things to think about.

1..Usually fill the frame with the person. Head near the top border, feet near the bottom border. 

Or fill the frame with part of the person ..

2 Try different angles camera above subject

level with subject below subject. 

lie on the ground to get super low viewpoint

stand on a chair (careful!)

3Try crazy angles get near her feet and shoot up her body. Or near head and shoot down .

3 Or crazy frames - shoot her face through a gap in her outstretched fingers.

4 To get a relaxed expression - talk to her so she isn't tense. Make jokes. Tickle Or crop!  Or take so many photos she forgets to be self conscious..

5 Look at background. I saw a photo of a lady on a beach in her profile. But there was a as  public toilet right behind her.! 

6 Watch out for ironing boards and other potentially non sexy objects in background.

7 keep the background as simple as you can. Sometimes a white wall is best. Though rooms or vegetation can be nice. 

8 Take at least ten photos from every angle and keep the best .

9 Google "how to light a photo" . It's important but I don't really know how to do that!  

10 Try cropping photos in wierd ways - just experiment boldly at first. Try black and white..

11. Use colour sliders on Google photos to adjust colour and other aspects .

MasterDarcy1979
Posted

Oh. I like that!

Like most kinks, it's best to start off slowly. Some shots at the house door, with the door slightly ajar.

I also love public play, so maybe in a public bathroom or in a public park, etc.

It doesn't have to fully nude for it to be titillating. It can be with you not wearing underwear and then flashing.

The fact that you're doing it together is what makes it fun.

I have a bunch of voyeur videos from an English website. It involved women engaging in BDSM besides busy motorways, etc.