How to find a Dom when the nearest event/ munch is 100+ miles away?

dj****

Posted
3 hours ago, bittenkiss said:
get on FL and start a munch in your area then - doesn't have to be much, but if others are looking like you are, then someone should start one. Might as well be you as once it gets going, it might get results for you.

Having just, out of curiosity, searched the OPs area for events/munches on there he doesn't even need to start one, there are several happening this month.

Posted
6 hours ago, gemini_man said:

Having just, out of curiosity, searched the OPs area for events/munches on there he doesn't even need to start one, there are several happening this month.

Really they don't show up when I search for them ?

Posted
1 hour ago, djtheafroguy said:

Not on this site - the other one mentioned

Posted

as something speculative

if there genuinely isn't a munch for 100 miles, then it suggests the OP lives remotely in a small town (I searched his town on FL and there are precisely 27 users in that area, 26 male 1 female) so "just start your own" isn't entirely helpful assuming location details are correct

I think the answer may well be to consider travelling, looking more for others in travel distance and - actually - just let a relationship form naturally and introduce kink to it

Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

as something speculative

if there genuinely isn't a munch for 100 miles, then it suggests the OP lives remotely in a small town (I searched his town on FL and there are precisely 27 users in that area, 26 male 1 female) so "just start your own" isn't entirely helpful assuming location details are correct

I think the answer may well be to consider travelling, looking more for others in travel distance and - actually - just let a relationship form naturally and introduce kink to it

Either we're looking at different Buffalo's or you're seeing a different location from me, but assuming Buffalo, NY which kind of matches based on distance, I was seeing 20,000+ users on FL and various events

sardonicus87
Posted
I feel your ***, I live in lower Alabama, the closest munch to me is a 4-hour+ round trip away. I can't even leave early enough to get there before it ends. There's nothing here, and moving isn't an option. Travelling... well with the kinks I havez pretty hard to build trust online and the distance required means pre-planning and because of life and obligations, I can't plan a month in advance because I don't know when exactly I have free time a month from now.
Looking online is the only option and within a 1.5 to 2 hour drive, 0 active users that want the kind of play I am looking for.
It just sucks sometimes and that's basically what it is. If you live the middle of nowhere and can't leave, you're pretty much SOL unless you get really lucky. Otherwise the only option is to move. Though, people with more "conventional"/common kinks stand a much better chance of getting lucky to find someone.
Posted

I live very far from even a hint of any events, I took a difficult path, met a girl (we are now married) and slowly brought her to the practice of femdom. 

Posted
12 hours ago, gemini_man said:

Either we're looking at different Buffalo's or you're seeing a different location from me, but assuming Buffalo, NY which kind of matches based on distance, I was seeing 20,000+ users on FL and various events

I see Lancaster, NY

Posted
55 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I see Lancaster, NY

How strange, looks like the app and the website show different locations

Posted
57 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I see Lancaster, NY

Actually problem solved - Lancaster is a suburb of Buffalo by the looks of it, 11 miles from the city centre

Posted

In my opinion you create an ad or a discussion such as this and go through the comments to see who peaks your interest. That way you're getting what you've asked for.

Posted
For Brits trying to be helpful, Buffalo is to NYC as Southampton is to London (distance is a LONG drive though) It's not a small town...but we'd assume the chances of a FL posted Buffalo munch getting cancelled due to their legendary snowfall seems sizeable.
Posted
4 hours ago, ChromeStarz said:
For Brits trying to be helpful, Buffalo is to NYC as Southampton is to London (distance is a LONG drive though) It's not a small town...but we'd assume the chances of a FL posted Buffalo munch getting cancelled due to their legendary snowfall seems sizeable.

Fully aware of the distance between Buffalo and NYC, but what I checked on FL and advised on was for munches/events in Buffalo which is where the OP is located (Well Lancaster which is 11 miles out of Buffalo)....weather of course I can't account for 😉😁

Posted

I think if Buffalo is 11 miles away, then the nearest munches/events are not 100 miles.  

Obviously 11 miles might still be too far, but it's certainly easier than 100 

Posted

about 'do your own munch'

1) if the guy is in a genuine remote area, then how is he going to find folk to attend?  

2) if, as suspected, there might be closer munches he's unaware of - folk will just see it as an unknown rando and stick with the munches they know

3) it's only really worth doing your own munch if you KNOW there are others in your area you can effectively all agree to meet up with - given the OP is struggling to find people, then who is it for?  Munches are for community

Jaguar54
Posted
On 1/2/2024 at 9:13 PM, djtheafroguy said:

You did turn 'Safe Search' off, right?

Posted
That's a thing on here?
Posted
8 hours ago, djtheafroguy said:

That's a thing on here?

no, google

we're talking about google

this website only has a small section of events on - which is what folk have been telling you