A time of lent

Fa****

Posted

Christmas is over and Easter is fast approaching. I’m not religious but for me this means Lent - my yearly detox.

Once again I shall be giving up a variety of my favourite things and once again my body will thank me for it.

This year though, I’m wondering if instead of just giving up things that are “bad” for me whether I ought to actively include things that are good for me?

Giving up during Lent (for me) is easy. But proactively introducing something new into my life that will enhance it, the thought of that scares me.

Obviously regular exercise would be the sensible option but I’m not always sensible. So, any other ideas you lovely lot? What can I bring into my life to enhance it in some way?

Love,

X

Posted

The kindness to yourself that you show others. And yes, I know that's a bit generic 😝 but it's true x

Posted
26 minutes ago, Aranhis said:

The kindness to yourself that you show others. And yes, I know that's a bit generic 😝 but it's true x

You’re impossible. I love you xxx

Posted
I’m not Catholic but I always take lent as an opportunity to *** myself out of my comfort zone by denying myself something that isn’t exactly good for me. Usually it’s something like sugary foods or caffeine; one year it was bread and that was HARD. I haven’t figured out what it is this year but thank you for the reminder.