Wanting to explore, but can’t as I live with family

si****

Posted
I am very new to this community, and I want to explore it and meet people. However, I also don’t want anyone in my family or friends to know about it. Not because I am afraid of their reactions or anything, I just want to keep it private at the moment.

However, because I live with my parents, it is slightly difficult for me to be able to explore things I’d want. Such as going to clubs and events (I never did it before exploring this side of me).

Any advice on ways I could try and do new things without anyone finding out?
Posted
Check out Fetlife. It'slike a FB for kinksters/fetishists. It's also completely free to join and interact on. You can hide your photos just like you can here, and only allow whomever you choose to view them. There is also an "Events" feature which allows you to find kinksters in your local area as well as events to attend such as munches (munches = meet & greets).
Posted
2 minutes ago, PrimalSigma said:
Check out Fetlife. It'slike a FB for kinksters/fetishists. It's also completely free to join and interact on. You can hide your photos just like you can here, and only allow whomever you choose to view them. There is also an "Events" feature which allows you to find kinksters in your local area as well as events to attend such as munches (munches = meet & greets).

Thank you. I have an account there, and I’m hoping to go at some point to an event. I am trying to find one where I can have a good excuse to be out of the house without them asking me questions I wouldn’t be able to answer.

Posted
Munches are usually held in the early evenings. You could say you're going to the movies or bowling, shooting pool, etc.
Honestly, the excuses are endless. 😉
Posted
Just now, PrimalSigma said:
Munches are usually held in the early evenings. You could say you're going to the movies or bowling, shooting pool, etc.
Honestly, the excuses are endless. 😉

That’s awesome. Thank you!

Posted
I mean, when I was younger and I wanted to go to a nightclub (for example), I used to say I was out at a friends. Our older friends had transport and we were always generally home by the expected time. My suggestion would also be to go to a munch. Generally held in bars, you can just say that you're going to the bar with friends. It's not a lie
Posted
I completely sympathise with your situation.

Loosening the family noose is going to be extremely difficult for me. After leaving my husband, I moved in with my mum. 42 years old and living with my mother isn’t exactly ideal and definitely rules out hosting.

As a family we are very protective of one another and we are an exceptionally close-knit family. Which is great and I love my family dearly. But I’ve come to realise that it’s going to be a major hindrance. For example, we all share our locations with one another through ‘find my friend’ on iPhones.

I have never objected to sharing my location on my phone with family members. I have never had anything to hide.

Additionally, my family don’t approve that I left my husband and are still pressuring me to go back to him. This makes arranging a meet even more difficult as I would need to come up with a plausible alibi to tell them to account for where I am and who I’m with.

Posted
Same thing here, and I also can’t drive to make matters more difficult. Hope you find a way to get out there hun!
  • 2 weeks later...