ABDL v DDLG?

el****

Posted
How do you personally differentiate it? Is it that the former prefers to be in diapers and the other doesn't. I'm genuinely curious to hear what y'all have to say.
Posted
To me, totally different. ABDL is not geared towards only a “Daddy”, it can be for or with anyone. DD/lg is very specific to a Daddy relationship and may or may not be age based or diaper related.
Posted
Some ddlg people do wear diapers
Posted
Adult BABY DIAPER lovers. They are more infant in spirit and prefer diapers and littler age diffrence than DDLG which is post toddler in spirit Though sometimes not always true sometimes they just dont care for diapers so its a thin line the easiest way to distinguish would be diapers but its more than that
Posted
Diapers could be one way to differentiate but they can be involved in DDlg dynamics too.

I would say the chief difference is that ABDL focuses on the adult baby aspect. The "baby" in such a situation would be non-verbal, not eat solid food, need anything and everything doing for them (including having diapers/being changed).

Whereas in DDlg - which covers a much broader spectrum - it would be uncommon for the lg to either present as or regress to (dependent upon the individual) a baby age. The age range is much wider, communication is typically more verbal, they are potentially more self-sufficient etc...

It is of course far more complex than that, but that's a good starting point.
Posted
Agree totally with @Gingerish. To me the DD/lg relationship has nothing to do with diapers or age play.
Posted
Well I would say it IS about age play just not nessecarily about age regression or role playing as a literal child. It's more about a pleasuredom dynamic
Posted
ABDL are those you regress specifically into an infant or toddler age and need/want to wear diapers. Or those who want to be taken care of as if they were infants or toddlers that wear diapers.

Daddy/Mommy-little is a relationship dynamic where one age regresses into any age between 0 and 18, which may include ABDL or might not.
Posted
If you look at the acronyms. Dom daddy little girl. And adult baby daiper lover. Ddlg Is a relationship with a parental aspect be that male or female. My personal opinion is that you can have a ddlg relationship with aspects of abdl or not. But you can't have an abdl relation ship without aspectsnof ddlg. Previous comments make sense. Abdl g an element of abdl. In a ddlg dynamic you teach guide, mentor and discipline if needed. Whereas abdl could contain that, it could also just be the infantalisation aspects, ie daipers
Posted
Adult Baby/Diaper Lover = ABDL or AB/DL

Daddy Dom/little girl, dynamic = DD/lg
Posted

I think it is very individual if I’m honest. ABDL as the name suggests would (in my mind) involve infantile behaviours and mind set and require all the care a baby would.

DDlg is more broad spectrum though (at least to me). Initially I hated the thought of DDlg it felt incestual and age regressing which is totally not my thing. However I’ve now come to appreciate it in my way.

To me DDlg is about a caring, nurturing relationship. Someone who can guide you and encourage you and discipline you. But make no mistake I do not age regress in any way at all. Hence I think it is very personal and different for everyone. 

Posted
DDLG doesn't necessarily include ABDL play most of the time according to my personal experience. It's based upon which level of age the person finds the most happiness or comfort when they revert, with the happiness being increased possibly if they have a partner who is happy to assist either with them getting involved and doing the same thing or as a caregiver or parental figure. More so in regards to ABDL where it might be needed for cleaning and changing the diaper if the reverted person felt comfortable enough in the moment and wanted to soil themselves
Posted
toy here: I call Sir "Daddy" when he's doing something that cares for me orrr if I'm begging him to stop (I'll leave that to your imagination). He calls me "little girl" sometimes as a warning to change my behaviour/ action and sometimes when he is adoring me. I guess everyone is different..
Posted

They're separate and different things which can be part of a dynamic alone or together. Nit all DDlg involves age play, for some it's simply the energy of the D type having more of a caregiver or mentor type energy about them where "Daddy" and "little girl" are simply the titles they prefer to use. DDlg is a general style, a lot of my play has been along the lines of DDlg with me as the dominant and using the title of Mommy, my partner(s) weren't littles and I didn't refer to them as "little boy"

That's the best part about kink & BDSM. It's customizable and different people do things in various different ways. Which is why it's always a good idea to discuss and ask "what does _____ look like for you?" Or to go ahead and offer that "for me ____ looks like..." 

Obviously if your version of whatever it is is wildly different from what the majority of people consider that thing to be, prepare yourself for a lot of confusion and misunderstandings. 

Posted
Really good post. I can't comment on ABDL. Totally not my thing. But I love DDLG and brats in particular.

For me it's not at all about a regression but a dynamic that grows out of playfulness and empathy.

It's a caring and nurturing dynamic for sure. In fact - the best DDLG relationship I ever had was totally vanilla where my ex categorically refused to even talk about DDLG as she felt it had waaay too many age related links for her head to deal with. Make no mistake though that girl was bratty and mouthy and pouty and cute and knew exactly how to get me to bend every time. Isn't that what being a top or dom is? Who's in charge again. Lol

I love that as a daddy type I get to feel strong, caring, nurturing, leading, pushing her to grow and develop and taking an active interest in her wellbeing and future. That might include encouraging good routines, independence, self development too. I can hold boundaries and power as I need to. I can adjust my expectations as needed to ensure there's a cat and mouse chase for power. I can be sensual and caring as a way to connect again. I can punish when needed.

What I get in return is pure blissful playfullnes. Someone that knows how to get past my responsible and strict side and just play with me. Who makes me looser and play back. Be cheeky towards and push me in a slightly innocent and immature way even. She'll beg me to bend to her will and I'll thoroughly love caving too but only once the power dynamic has been through a period of playful adjustment.

She will know I adore her and am a sucker for her little ways. I can make my little lady feel like I've got them, totally and without question - no matter how big their strop is.

Again, not my kink but I'd love to hear more about the allure of ABDL. I assume it's more basic. Like a loving nurture of an almost megalomaniac baby that needs to be totally accepted and loved for just their pure innocent existence. Feels like part of it could be quite lovely and pure but there's such a huge vulnerability in it for an adult to step into that world that's got to take quite a commitment to feel that safe and trusting with someone.
Posted
1 hour ago, DaddyMcCheeko said:

Really good post. I can't comment on ABDL. Totally not my thing. But I love DDLG and brats in particular.

For me it's not at all about a regression but a dynamic that grows out of playfulness and empathy.

It's a caring and nurturing dynamic for sure. In fact - the best DDLG relationship I ever had was totally vanilla where my ex categorically refused to even talk about DDLG as she felt it had waaay too many age related links for her head to deal with. Make no mistake though that girl was bratty and mouthy and pouty and cute and knew exactly how to get me to bend every time. Isn't that what being a top or dom is? Who's in charge again. Lol

I love that as a daddy type I get to feel strong, caring, nurturing, leading, pushing her to grow and develop and taking an active interest in her wellbeing and future. That might include encouraging good routines, independence, self development too. I can hold boundaries and power as I need to. I can adjust my expectations as needed to ensure there's a cat and mouse chase for power. I can be sensual and caring as a way to connect again. I can punish when needed.

What I get in return is pure blissful playfullnes. Someone that knows how to get past my responsible and strict side and just play with me. Who makes me looser and play back. Be cheeky towards and push me in a slightly innocent and immature way even. She'll beg me to bend to her will and I'll thoroughly love caving too but only once the power dynamic has been through a period of playful adjustment.

She will know I adore her and am a sucker for her little ways. I can make my little lady feel like I've got them, totally and without question - no matter how big their strop is.

Again, not my kink but I'd love to hear more about the allure of ABDL. I assume it's more basic. Like a loving nurture of an almost megalomaniac baby that needs to be totally accepted and loved for just their pure innocent existence. Feels like part of it could be quite lovely and pure but there's such a huge vulnerability in it for an adult to step into that world that's got to take quite a commitment to feel that safe and trusting with someone.

Absolutely perfectly written. I retract what I said, it’s nowhere near as eloquent. Thank you. 

Posted
There’s one that was missed, there are three that go hand in hand. DDLG or MDLB depending on who the dominant is, either a daddy dom or a mommy dom. Both of these can include ABDL. But not always, in a relationship it’s best to communicate everything, then depending on what the little age the little is regressing to would depend on whether or not baby or toddler items are used. Me personally I’m looking for a MDLB style of relationship, though my little age changes depending on my mood. If I feel I need more TLC then my age is youngest 0-3 in age, but other times if I’m in a playful mood then I could be just a child or *** that doesn’t need the (diapers, bottles, pacifiers, etc…). So if you are looking for or in this style of relationship, make sure there is a good balance of trust and open communication. This way the littles feel loved, safe, and trust from their partner.
Posted

Great comments what I'm getting is DDLG/MDLB is broader vs ABDL which is narrow in scope. I'd definitely like a DDLG because as others have said it lets you feel strong, caring, nurturing, and leading. Able to provide whatever level of support they need in the moment whether they're feeling like the youngest or oldest.

Posted
16 hours ago, FatefulDestiny said:

Absolutely perfectly written. I retract what I said, it’s nowhere near as eloquent. Thank you. 

Thank you. I hope my grammar is reasonable enough. 😉

Posted
On 2/10/2024 at 6:59 PM, DaddyMcCheeko said:

Thank you. I hope my grammar is reasonable enough. 😉

very well done 

Posted
I'm an abdl boy little,for me it's about having a mommy hopefully in the future care for me in like an innocent way
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I class myself as a little. I'm a middle. I'm not kink shaming anybody, but personally the thought of wearing a nappy would make me feel ill! I'm a ***age girl in my head. Between 14 to 17. I think that's why I only realised when I was 41, that that's what I actually am. Before that I just thought I was a tad odd

Posted
I think DDlg/MDlb is a very big range, but ABDL is pretty specific. DDlg can be anything from a Caregiver and a little, to calling your Dom "Daddy" and him using pet names for you, without any ageplay or age regression. It's a pretty big scope of stuff, whereas ABDL is about specifically enjoying diapers, childlike/baby behavior, and usually involves age regression. But, there can also be overlap between the two, where a DDlg dynamic can also include ABDL.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
This is a great question. And I don't think i have a good answer.
I enjoy Little Space as being 2 - 4 years old, so diapers are usually included. I don't think it's ABDL, since I think a lot of that is sexual in nature. (Like being put in diapers gets someone going. Or that they get treated as a baby / denied sex due to being an adult baby/diaper lover. * I honestly don't know if this is true, I'm welcome to be wrong)
I personally think that Dom/Little (DDLB) is a better term for what I want. Since from my understanding it seems like two sides of the same coin, ie: Little Space (no sex) and then back to adult mindset (sex as seen fit). I've also heard of the two overlapping, but that is not my thing.
Frankly I want someone to allow me to be "too little" to do certain things and relax and then when I'm ready to deal with the stress, I can be big again.