Looking for opinions!

Posted

I’m looking to open a club in my metro area, and wanting to get opinions and suggestions for what people would like/want in a BDSM/kink club. I’m still in the early stages, but have been researching extensively and know there is a severe need for a more exclusive club in the greater Nashville area. Can anyone give me a few pointers or point me in the right direction?

Posted
If I am able to give input then nipple dominance equipment is included
Posted (edited)

Have you been to existing club? Do you have business experience? 

Edited by ThaliaV
Posted
In Los Angeles and San Francisco there is a club called Threshold, they have been around since the 80s. They have it registered as a non profit organization and most of the labor is done got free by trained volunteers that get free party passes. They require a annual membership, currently $50 a member in order to be able to get into most events. They host a free munch once a month where they also offer a Orientation lecture: going over all the rules and regulations. All members must do it either in person or online before they can pay.

I've seen many dungeons come and go. This one is run more like a non profit corporation and has survived the pandemic and so many years.

Google themband consider copying their business model. Maybe with some adjustments as needed.

They comply 100% with all local rules and regulations and have a great relationship with the local police.

I think I gave you enough points to think about.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

MR
BabyBuns
Posted
Living in the Nashville area - Murfreesboro to be exact - I strongly support your project. As an adult baby, I think you should have different rooms for different role play scenarios. I know I would be very interested in going somewhere where I could experience being put in an ABDL/BDSM nursery.
Good luck. I wish you the best.
Posted
33 minutes ago, MichaelR22 said:

In Los Angeles and San Francisco there is a club called Threshold, they have been around since the 80s. They have it registered as a non profit organization and most of the labor is done got free by trained volunteers that get free party passes. They require a annual membership, currently $50 a member in order to be able to get into most events. They host a free munch once a month where they also offer a Orientation lecture: going over all the rules and regulations. All members must do it either in person or online before they can pay.

I've seen many dungeons come and go. This one is run more like a non profit corporation and has survived the pandemic and so many years.

Google themband consider copying their business model. Maybe with some adjustments as needed.

They comply 100% with all local rules and regulations and have a great relationship with the local police.

MR

The existing Nashville club that I know of is also run as a non-profit. It's been around since 2005

Posted
I'm in AZ but I am a fetish activist and I think this is an awesome idea and might have ideas for usage during the day as well if you're interested. Send me a message.
Posted
5 hours ago, ThaliaV said:

Have you been to existing club? Do you have business experience? 

I’ve been to the one club we have in Nashville, yes. The space is great and extremely accommodating, but as someone who doesn’t love public play all the time, I want to offer a space that includes private and semi-private rooms in addition to the public spaces. 

I don’t have business experience myself, but do have some assistance in that department.

Any suggestions you can offer would be welcome!

Posted
4 hours ago, MichaelR22 said:

MR

Wonderful! Thank you so much for your insight! If it’s okay, I may reach out in the future to throw some ideas out to you?

Posted
Yeah, feel free to dm. Go make it happen
Posted

some issues to consider is you can't keep everyone happy and you are at the mercy of space, budget, and local laws.

There's someone I'm aware of who opened her own space and on paper it's a dream, but then for example things will happen like - the fire department will cap the attendance without a new fire door installed - or structural repairs are needed and it will all just eat ***.

The other thing of course to consider is that - well - how often do people realistically go out for fetish clubs and events? What are you doing with the space when there isn't a club or event on?

So, there's two real options.

Option 1 - you find an existing club/venue that is available to hire for your needs.  You will be completely at the mercy of their layout and rooms (as well with hire costs etc) and may have to extend the hire to go in early to set the rooms up (put in play equipment etc) and then to break them down - this also means you will be responsible for any storage of the equipment etc.  

Option 2 - you buy somewhere and do it up

Now this is where people get carried away.  You can't let "perfect" be the enemy of good.

You know what could be good?  An old, small, hotel.   At the simplest - and kinda bar or social area becomes your main club room.   Hotel rooms can each individually be done out as private play areas - themed or otherwise.  

In essence this also means when it's not a party, your venue/rooms can be let out for photos/clips/content - but again, ties in with local laws.

In both options - you need insurance - and I don't know what this is like in the US - but in the UK this can be quite expensive and not everywhere will touch it.

Posted
5 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

some issues to consider is you can't keep everyone happy and you are at the mercy of space, budget, and local laws.

There's someone I'm aware of who opened her own space and on paper it's a dream, but then for example things will happen like - the fire department will cap the attendance without a new fire door installed - or structural repairs are needed and it will all just eat ***.

The other thing of course to consider is that - well - how often do people realistically go out for fetish clubs and events? What are you doing with the space when there isn't a club or event on?

So, there's two real options.

Option 1 - you find an existing club/venue that is available to hire for your needs.  You will be completely at the mercy of their layout and rooms (as well with hire costs etc) and may have to extend the hire to go in early to set the rooms up (put in play equipment etc) and then to break them down - this also means you will be responsible for any storage of the equipment etc.  

Option 2 - you buy somewhere and do it up

Now this is where people get carried away.  You can't let "perfect" be the enemy of good.

You know what could be good?  An old, small, hotel.   At the simplest - and kinda bar or social area becomes your main club room.   Hotel rooms can each individually be done out as private play areas - themed or otherwise.  

In essence this also means when it's not a party, your venue/rooms can be let out for photos/clips/content - but again, ties in with local laws.

In both options - you need insurance - and I don't know what this is like in the US - but in the UK this can be quite expensive and not everywhere will touch it.

Thank you so much for your insight! I’ll definitely consider all these options as I move further.

Posted

oh, and to answer the question specifically :)

What I *personally* would want.

1) Accessible 

In the sense of it being a location that is easy to get to/from and also considering those with disabilities.   including step free access, floors between rooms, and some form of quiet area

2) Clean, well maintained, equipment and premises

I've come across places with home made furniture which is rickety, or where stuff has been drilled into walls or ceilings which really is an accident waiting to happen - or in need of a clean. A good clean.

3) Changing facilities

4) While I like the idea of a club night I can play at, a social-event I can play at also works.  Play is the most important word

That means, for example, if there is music being played that it doesn't cause disturbances on play scenes.  If someone does want to get drunk and loud, they're not doing it in the play space.   

5) People are more important than buildings

I think that it's OK to have the best looking place in town, it will struggle without the right people.  From FOH staff to DMs, monitors, so on - and now a lot of this is something that is a distant part of the planning but can still be factored into planning.   I want to be able to find staff if I have a problem with trust they will be able to help with the problem - but also staff who will stop problems before they start - i.e. stop the drunk loud person wandering into the play space - ensuring people know the rules and what is expected of them and acting on it, etc.

Posted
Most of successful long term dungeons here ban alcohol and ***. You must be sober to enter.
Posted
I understand people are against alcohol but I’m not opposed to it. It definitely help with nerves
Posted
I totally get it. It's just a high risk for the owner of the place. You get into some issues with the city or police... And get shut down, game over.
Posted
20 minutes ago, DomPipeHer said:

I understand people are against alcohol but I’m not opposed to it. It definitely help with nerves

it's something which has to be managed

*** are a complete no no for anywhere fetish - because there's already folk looking to shut somewhere down and will do it if you can't show due diligence on ***

alcohol

I can't comment on the US, but in the UK there tends to be two different set ups which are common.

One is licensed.  that the venue has a license to serve alcohol and this in itself can be pretty lucrative.  Certainly if you are hiring a space they will be wanting to make so much *** over the bar.   However anywhere fetish is higher risk with alcohol then most of club nights - you need to make sure people drinking aren't using this as an excuse to touch people or kiss people and aren't interfering with play or scenes.

One is unlicensed and it might be a venue that doesn't have a license to sell alcohol but will permit people to bring their own.  What is usually expected, mind, is they hand it over on arrival and then go to the bar to ask for drinks from what they've brought. There's usually a nominal 'corkage' fee which ultimately pays the bartenders wage in ways this is also a little easier to police cos you can see what people have brought and had so on.  On one hand, no license means no license to use, but on another it's nowhere near as lucrative as having wet sales.

Managing people who've also had a drink is still an issue.

But even without alcohol on sale - you still have to be wary people haven't brought their own on premises, that they aren't under the influence or doing ***. How much you'd get away with not having alcohol also depends on the mindset in the locality.

I personally don't drink and play.  But being somewhere with a bar can still have it's perks because once I'm done - I will have a drink or two, and, boom, wet sales into the venue. 

Posted
I think if you make it a private club where people can meet it’s different then a club where people hook up. In the first one I think alcohol is ok. You would still have to keep people from getting waisted and being prayed upon. I think private club always has an avenge. You control memberships. You know names of people just uncase. Ultimately you will have to keep in mind you are going to be responsible for the safety of people. I’ve met awesome kind smart and compassionate people in the lifestyle but there always the edges of a thing. That’s something to think about. Personally I think being a member of a private club where I know the people there are personally vetted sounds really cool and I might look in to what it would take to open one in my area. A club where just anyone can come in you could serve booze. Keep doing your research find out what’s working other place copy it tweak it add to it. If there’s an opening in the market you will do well. Maybe keep in mind you want it accessible but where people are able to keep there privacy. Don’t have a main entrance where other folks can watch who’s going in and out.