Photo ratings

Posted

Hi .

I'm having some real issues with the star raiting its constantly giving 4.5 stars I only ever rate 5 because kink is not something to be judgemental about any ideas .. apart from scrapping the whole judgemental system.. 

Thanks

Posted

I agree @Mrchristopher70 the rating system is very hit and miss on here the amount of times I've rated a pic 5 stars and it's come back as I've it rated 3 or 4 stars and the same as you i never rate a photo less than 5. 

The rating system just needs scrapping altogether and just a like button instead but still be able to get your 5 points per photo. 

Posted

Good idea lill. ... I just dont like the opportunity to put people down when so many have self image issues . All it does is give people ammunition to try and put someone down for there own gratification. 

Posted

Yes true when I see someone has rated my photo 3 stars I get disheartened and it does affect someone like me who does suffer with confidence issues sometimes.

Posted
I've noticed a number of times you click on five and it appears as four point five sometimes it may just be a glitch, as we know how good this site works at times. and I like you only ever give fives.
Posted
I thought the reason for this was because the system takes an average, so if ten people mark 5 yet 4 mark 4 stars it would average at 4.5 after you selected. Personally aside from the person that marked me like a 1 or something I don't mind low ratings, it spurs me to do better in many respects, obviously there are times when we are *** and low balls affect us more though.
Posted
53 minutes ago, Lilmonster said:

Yes true when I see someone has rated my photo 3 stars I get disheartened and it does affect someone like me who does suffer with confidence issues sometimes.

try and not get disheartened, easy to say I know, I personally think your photos are great, but just remember not everyone is the same,

Posted
22 minutes ago, wilkie said:

try and not get disheartened, easy to say I know, I personally think your photos are great, but just remember not everyone is the same,

Thank you 😊 oh yes I know but it's when you see someone has rated your pics 1 and 2 stars hence why I think a like button would be better as then if you don't like the photo per say you can just skip past it instead of giving it a low star rating.

Posted
25 minutes ago, Lilmonster said:

it's when you see someone has rated your pics 1 and 2 stars hence why I think a like button would be better as then if you don't like the photo per say you can just skip past it instead of giving it a low star rating.

Brilliant idea @Lilmonster

Posted
8 minutes ago, Fairylight said:

Brilliant idea @Lilmonster

Yeah it is a good idea, I'd give it a 4.5 stars for sure 😂😂

Posted
1 hour ago, Lilmonster said:

Thank you 😊 oh yes I know but it's when you see someone has rated your pics 1 and 2 stars hence why I think a like button would be better as then if you don't like the photo per say you can just skip past it instead of giving it a low star rating.

yes, I see what you mean, I have a a few low ratings, so I ignored them,

MasterSteel
Posted
I occasionally get the same thing and for the life of me I can't re-rate to five stars. Very frustrating indeed!
Posted
I don’t give low ratings, if a pic isn’t something I can rate 5* to then I don’t rate at all. I don’t see the point in giving low stars as it does effect ppls confidence. I also have the issue of when I rate a five it shows 4.5 or a 4
Posted

I am pretty sure there is an averaging system in place.

Posted
Chris, this happens to me all the time, and you cant fixit. It's very aggravating. I agree you shouldnt judge anyone's kinks. What's more sometimes it's very hard for ppl to post pics, and the lower ratings feed their insecurities. It's sad
Posted
9 hours ago, subm0nKay said:

I don’t give low ratings, if a pic isn’t something I can rate 5* to then I don’t rate at all. I don’t see the point in giving low stars as it does effect ppls confidence. I also have the issue of when I rate a five it shows 4.5 or a 4

And I thought the 4 or 4.5 star ratings were down to my sausage fingers on the phone screen.   :-/

But totally agree.  If I'm leaving a comment on a pic then it's also a 5 star.  So frustrating when your comment is saying how wonderful their pic is then you look back and find the 5 star rating has mysteriously mutated in to a 4.5 or 4.

Posted

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback on this subject, the confusion may lie in the fact that these ratings are aggregated, as @Littlefellow mentioned. This basically means that after you've rated an image, what you see is the overall total rating from all the other users on that particular image.  Hope that clears things up  :)