New to the scene

Posted

I don't know if this is the correct place for this, and if not I apologise, but I'm new to all of this and trying to join a conversation in the chat seems pretty difficult when you are unfamiliar with any of the people there. 

Just looking for someone to show me the ropes (lol) and maybe give some pointers/advice about the site, lifestyle and stuff like that. 

Posted

So.  I listened to a podcast the other day.  I'll recommend it - it's called Dungeons and Shaggin' and it's hosted by Miss Marilyn - there's, like 17 or something - different lengths - worth a listen.

Anyway.

In one of the episodes she'd opened up an anonymous question app and invites questions.

one question was "what advice would you give to new subs?"

and she says, "Advice on what?"

"The lifestyle" is broad. "stuff like that" is broad.  Spit it out. What are you into? What questions do you have? 

Because if you don't know what the question is, nobody can give you an answer.  So, this is the question - what do you seek to achieve - what do you seek to do.

Nobody is going to hold your hand because it's emotional labour - you can't ask someone's time to help you find what you want when you don't know.

So, this is meant to be advice - if you find what you want to ask about or talk about then you can ask the questions you want answered and you can probably chime into the chat room a little easier.

Posted
Hi, we are relative newbies, if you fancy a chat drop us a dm. At first it can feel like a minefield, you have to find your own path, there is no 'right or wrong' so to speak, take care of yourself and take your time, you'll be fine.
Posted

Welcome! You can find a lot of people herer who wouldn't mind talking and other things maybe better explain things. The main thing is take it slow and really understand, if it confuses don't be afraid ask wohaaaaaa what?

Posted

Just be honest, if you dont understand something just ask. Try to go to a local munch if you can