I am new to the bdsm scene.

ineedalift

Posted

I am new to the bdsm scene and am interested in learning more about BDSM any suggestions on how i can learn more about this lifestyle would be appreciated. I have a few kinks and fetishes that I would like to explore as well.

Posted

I feel this question comes up an alarming lot.   So, how to learn - you're in a good place.  There's a magazine on this website full of articles on different elements of the lifestyle.  Read em.

There's a lot of topics on this forum. Read em.

You're now learning.

Posted

Well there's a big world of kink to explore which is a lot of fun but can certainly be intimidating but I think you've found a good place to start. To be honest I wish I had found this place when I first started exploring kink as it's a lot more welcoming than other places.
I would have a look at the fetish list first to see what interests you most and help you figure out whether you want to be the one dominating or being dominated.
There's lots of articles as well to read and of course forums. You don't have to jump in chatting but can just watch till you feel comfortable talking.
Most of all I would say there's no rush. Don't overdo it and get overwhelmed as there's no time limit. Just start out reading up at a pace that suits you and before you know it you will know all the jargon.

Posted

I learned as much as I could online. Forums, articles, the works... and when I felt I was ready, I went to my local dungeon... and I just talked to people. I watched their scenes. Soaked up as much knowledge as I could. Figured out exactly what I was interested in. Found like-minded people and inquired -- respectfully -- about their lifestyle.

Research will only get you so far. Taking that step out into the community at large and being a physical part of it has since accelerated my learning. Find open events or munches that you can attend. I was lucky because my dungeon does an instructional demo on a different BDSM/kink related topic each week, which is friendly both to newbies and experienced kinksters alike.

Don't expect to pick up and play immediately. Don't be afraid to seek the counsel of those with more experience. Know that there is always more to know, at any stage of this journey. Welcome aboard.

Bournemouthmaster2se
Posted

Read,  ask  questions,  read different  opinions on same topic,  look around on here and fetlife. Even those of us who have been in the lifestyle decades know we're constantly learning.