Psychological trauma and moments of pleasure

Posted

If you are going through a difficult time psychologically and have trauma in your life, are things like a friend who you do stuff with only going to make you feel Worse?

Or perhaps be selfish? 

I mean when you are in the dark, is the little flashes of heat and light from something nice just going to magnify the dark when they fade? Or will the memory of them somehow make the dark more tolerable.

I feel like I need something that feels good. But I don’t have the energy to find it. 

And what I want to make me feel good probably isn’t the right thing. 

I mean I want to be Everything. I want to be so secure I am liberated for use. I want to be hurt, and restrained and used but held and smiled at and cared for. 

But is it wrong to want that when some mornings it hurts to breathe? 

Posted

I get it. Give me message and talk to me about it.

Posted

Those prisms of light..... they peirce your skin, seep into your soul. Hold onto them, let yourself bleed.

Without that darkness the light wouldn't be as dazzling. 

@Messedup79 I've gone to the depths of that darkness. Over and over. 

I shattered. 

Now I'm free.

Embrace the ***. It can set you free x

Posted

@Bounty

Yes I heard the other day on the radio a quote about when there seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, it is not because there is no end to the darkness, but because the tunnel is not straight.

I need to keep on through paths until I find a road that will light me up 

Posted

I’ve read you’re poetry and I can see how creative you are, you might find ***ting your dark thoughts helps.Art saved me from negative thinking, I try to turn my weaknesses into strengths by concentrating on my pictures which blocks the self destructive mind set .I would be happy to talk further if you want to message me direct.

Posted
6 minutes ago, TAROTT said:

I’ve read you’re poetry and I can see how creative you are, you might find ***ting your dark thoughts helps.Art saved me from negative thinking, I try to turn my weaknesses into strengths by concentrating on my pictures which blocks the self destructive mind set .I would be happy to talk further if you want to message me direct.

Thank you. I’m not very good with visual arts. Always wanted to be though 

Posted

We all go through bad times, some more than others.. and whatever escapes or anything make you feel that little bit better then that's totally up to you.
I have seen a few of your posts and I wouldn't say it's selfish. We all have different ways to do things that 'help'.. some just more stronger than others .
I used to be in that kind of situation (not going into it all) and I know full well your thinking/feeling and the release of what you need etc.. just make sure it is what you need and think things over before you endulge into anything, I'm always here for a chat if needed.. jus saying.x

Posted

Don’t worry about being good or bad at art just ***t an image or an abstract picture with trying to express your mood/ moods . Look at Mark Rothko his large ***tings are full of depth and sensations.He suffered mental illness and as such I connect with his work.

Posted

I completely understand how you feel I’m here to chat.