How to approach people on site

SammyB

Posted

I think some peeps intentions and motives shape their opening messages.

If you are seeking to DEVELOP a relationship , surely you understand that solid foundations are needed to build the relationship upon. Part of the solid foundations for me would include trust and positive communication.

My mindset  in any case  when engaging with potential  partners is always "Friends before Lovers". 

PartiallyMobile
Posted

I haven't approached anyone yet, have had some people message me. Personally, I prefer something a little more involved for a first message than just "Hi." That's the online equivalent of someone sidling up to you in public and initiating a conversation out of the blue, which is uncomfortable. If you're looking for a conversation, make that clear up front.

Posted
On 12/5/2020 at 7:11 PM, SammyB said:

Well we definitely agree there 

if you wouldn’t do it in a bar club pub street etc don’t do it in chat 

I do think many feel the approach they are using is being Dominant 

Sadly it’s the furthest from the truth 

thanks for taking the time to respond 

Sx 

Posted

Sammy b I agree with you there 100% but then that's the difference I've come to find between what I call a dominant man and a domineering man!!!

Posted

An opening message should be short, loaded somehow clever, humour, cheeky, manners and in par with the profile. But most importantly with a human to human connotations and not kink or bdsm related yet.

so anything like “do you want me to fist you “would be open for a slammed door effect 😈

Posted
5 hours ago, FabSeverus said:

An opening message should be short, loaded somehow clever, humour, cheeky, manners and in par with the profile. But most importantly with a human to human connotations and not kink or bdsm related yet.

so anything like “do you want me to fist you “would be open for a slammed door effect 😈

I'm not sure I agree.  As the site limits interactions (which is a good thing) so one person can't bombard another with loads of messages, the initial message has to be long enough for that person to make an initial assessment of compatibility.

Posted
1 hour ago, UK_Knight said:

the initial message has to be long enough for that person to make an initial assessment of compatibility.

But that doesn't need war and peace

One of the best pieces of advice a Domme once told me is "make it brief but make it count"

Posted

This is a copied and pasted from my inbox, the first message received in 2021, this is a perfect example of how not to approach me and I suspect many others..this is a first communication from someone I've previously had no contact with at all who clearly hasn't even glanced at my profile..on the plus side its not filled with textspeak so its at least legible, nothing else I like about it.

"Hey I have a pegging fantasy and I want to make it reality would you be interested I’d love to explore it"

Posted
19 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

One of the best pieces of advice a Domme once told me is "make it brief but make it count"

You exactly highlight my point 👍