Munch Notes/Agenda - Disability and Health in BDSM - 1st October 2020

PixieDust

Posted

*Backdated munch notes/agenda - please feel free to answer questions or leave comments

Munch Notes/Agenda – Disability and Health in BDSM -  1st October 2020

Host: @Dee1111

Content Contributors: @Dee1111 @lil-monster @PixieDust 

Disabilities come in all different shapes and form, mental and physical, therefore the questions are aimed for both.  They are also aimed for both those with a disability or those wanting to or who are playing with a person with a disability.

“Disability doesn't mean you can't do anything……it has ability in it “

1. Do you feel you are limited by your disability or partners disability in kink?

2. Do you see other disabilities that may have more limitations than your own?

3. How do you cope with your disability in kink?

4. Do you see asthma/ diabetes, and should they be treated as a disability?

5. Do you make your play/partner aware of your disability and your needs before/during/after play?

6. Do you discuss the signs of your disability with potential partners and how would you make them aware of these?

7. Do you know your first aid?

8. Have you educated all partners of limits and signs to look out for?

9. If you were not in the right mind or body would you inform your partner?

10. what aids your disability in kink?

11. Do we check our health and body regularly i.e breast check/smear for the ladies and men do you check for lumps also?

12. As men do you find it harder to go to the doctors when you think something is wrong? Are women more prone to go to doctors?

13. Any final thoughts or questions on Disability and or Health in BDSM?

Posted

6 is so important for me. When in a bad place mentally what are usually good stimuli turn into triggers (ie the sound of a spank usually super sexy just turns into a loud noise which makes me panic) and my self care is very similar to aftercare, but there are a couple differences which are necessary for both. Doesn't mean I cant enjoy kink with my partner, just need a couple extra checkpoints for me x

Posted

I wish I was at this munch. sounds great.  I have a condition called fibromailger.  there's  a fee different things that come with it but the 1 every 1 gets is wide spread *** that comes an goes any time and does not stay in 1 place. *** can be on a scale.

some of us are hypersensitive to touch so what you may think of as a 1 would be a 5 or a 6 yo me.

when my master an I started talking about being from sub before we did he spent  weeks reading everything thing he could asking questions on fibromailger  forums an web sites as well as  asking me.

yes we still do impact an *** play I love kink *** but not fibromailger ***. kink *** is something i can control. there are all sorts we can do in our kink play.

the only thing is that sometimes we arrange to do kink play time an i end up to I'll. to the point master as to wash an dress me. he said he walked into it with his eyes wide open an new what to expect