Needle play and sharps safety

Ci****

Posted

Hello all

I hope that this is the correct place and the subject matter is appropriate, my apologies to the moderators if its not.

I've very recently started exploring needle play as a way of staying sane during these isolated times we live in. I've been sticking myself in areas considered safer and as someone who is petrified of needles, I've really enjoyed myself and I have found it euphoric and stress relieving. Just to be clear I have sterile equipment, wipes, gloves etc.

I've read a lot on the subject and I still have a lot to learn but I have one question that I've not been able to find an answer to; if I stick myself in the same place on a regular basis will I develop heavy scarring or other issues?

I know that damage is obviously being caused and that every person is different and will react differently but I'm looking to draw on people's experiences with this and get educated opinions. I've been doing this once a week with no obvious ill effects and I'm using very fine needles (30g)

Another question I have is regarding sharps disposal, I live in the UK and I can purchase a sharps box for safe disposal but where do I take it when it's full?

Thanks for reading and any insight you can  provide.

Posted

Hello, I don’t really know any answers to your more specific questions as I’m not medically trained and I wouldn’t like to advise. I imagine eventually you would end up with some scar tissue but again, I’m really not sure. In terms of disposing I’m sure they have to get collected, one of my friends has diabetes and she I’m sure gets them collected or drops them off at a chemist with a sharps bin? Not sure how useful this is but I’ll give it a go anyway

Posted
29 minutes ago, nymphetaminx said:

Hello, I don’t really know any answers to your more specific questions as I’m not medically trained and I wouldn’t like to advise. I imagine eventually you would end up with some scar tissue but again, I’m really not sure. In terms of disposing I’m sure they have to get collected, one of my friends has diabetes and she I’m sure gets them collected or drops them off at a chemist with a sharps bin? Not sure how useful this is but I’ll give it a go 

Thank you for the reply.

It makes sense that the chemist would take them, I wonder what the cost is? I'll have to pop in to my local pharmacy and ask them.

Posted

Ordinarily to dispose of them you can contact your local council to collect or take the box to your local pharmacy.

Constant use to one area of your body carries the risk of swelling, bruising, scarring.

Posted
1 hour ago, Bounty said:

Ordinarily to dispose of them you can contact your local council to collect or take the box to your local pharmacy.

Constant use to one area of your body carries the risk of swelling, bruising, scarring.

The scarring etc seems obvious but I've never seen it mentioned as a consequence of repetitive play.

I think I remember from chatting to you before that you have expertise with something like this (I could be wrong).

Thank you for the reply.

Posted
38 minutes ago, Mr_Civ said:

The scarring etc seems obvious but I've never seen it mentioned as a consequence of repetitive play.

I think I remember from chatting to you before that you have expertise with something like this (I could be wrong).

Thank you for the reply.

Perhaps take a look on diabetic support pages? I Know it's not quite the same, but insulin dependent people inject themselves repeatedly with needles, and are advised to switch up spots, truthfully though I don't know if that's because of what they're injecting or the repeated trauma in the same spot continually, and perhaps they go deeper into the skin too..injecting into the same spot can cause lipohypertrophy, the buildup of fat under the skin, or lipoatrophy, the wasting of fat under the skin, which can be unsightly.

I hope you find your answers.. good luck with your new kinky exploration. 

Posted
5 hours ago, MzJax said:

Perhaps take a look on diabetic support pages? I Know it's not quite the same, but insulin dependent people inject themselves repeatedly with needles, and are advised to switch up spots, truthfully though I don't know if that's because of what they're injecting or the repeated trauma in the same spot continually, and perhaps they go deeper into the skin too..injecting into the same spot can cause lipohypertrophy, the buildup of fat under the skin, or lipoatrophy, the wasting of fat under the skin, which can be unsightly.

I hope you find your answers.. good luck with your new kinky exploration. 

I never thought to read outside of kink resources, that's a fabulous idea.

Thank you for the advice and the words of encouragement 🙂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr_Civ said:

I never thought to read outside of kink resources, that's a fabulous idea.

Thank you for the advice and the words of encouragement 🙂

You're very welcome, I hope it helps. 😊

Edited by MzJax
Typo