Newbie thinks about making a blog

Ki****

Posted
I'm not new to kink, but I am new to practicing ot with others. Dispite that, I'm relatively well read and have a lot of thoughts and opinions on the matter.
I began thinking "hey, what if I ceated a blog detailing my thoughts and feelings as they are now, while also chronicling my journey through the world of kink?"
I've never made a blog though and was wondering about what people thought of the idea. And if anyone had any suggestions for topics or advice for blogging in general.
Posted
I think the audience is is more interested in inspo and kinky deets. I would be interested to read more about your fantasies being more switch (which is rare) and your back ground in game theory 😈
Posted

I would always encourage people to blog.

The thing to kinda balance though is a little bit; who is the blog for? And there's no wrong answer there - but - keeping an online journal of your experiences, journey, frustrations, ambitions - so on.... go for it.

I guess the only things to be wary of - is that if you are mentioning other people to make sure they're aware of it.

• 3 months later...
Posted
On 10/20/2021 at 12:48 PM, KinkyKy said:

I'm not new to kink, but I am new to practicing ot with others. Dispite that, I'm relatively well read and have a lot of thoughts and opinions on the matter.
I began thinking "hey, what if I ceated a blog detailing my thoughts and feelings as they are now, while also chronicling my journey through the world of kink?"
I've never made a blog though and was wondering about what people thought of the idea. And if anyone had any suggestions for topics or advice for blogging in general.

cautiousswitch
Posted

The three pieces of advice I would give are:

1 - Always make it clear that you are writing your thoughts and feelings and don't try to make yourself out to be an expert.

2 - As you share your experiences be very careful not to reveal too much about the other people involved.  That's just a respect thing.

3 - Be prepared to be trolled by "experts" who don't agree with you.  It happens with any blog on any subject, but the combination of abusive behaviour and reading kink blogs is very toxic.  Nine times out of ten ignoring them will be the answer; that tenth time you may have to take a stand.

People turn to the internet to educate themselves about kink.  Unfortunately, there is too much poorly written kink fiction out there.  Having more real life experiences written is a good thing.