Competition ratings..... Not great.

Je****

Posted
3 minutes ago, BadDesires said:

Wow never knew how floored the rating system was but sounds like a complete joke. I've only seen 2 photo comps not been brave enough to join yet, and seeing this doesn't help. It's a shame to hear people's effort and creativity isn't being represented correctly. I've kind of been using my own simplified system of only rating ones I really liked with a 4 or 5 and ignoring the ones I wasn't sure about as it didn't feel right to criticize there hard work just because I failed to connect with it. Less inclined to vote now I know how floored the system is and the negative impact it appears to be having.

Don't get me wrong the competitions are there to be rated. Whether thats honestly 1-5 stars.. fine. its the tall and anonmity of the shit ratings that stay at the bottom that hits the nerve.

I give most 3-4 stars. the only time I mark low is, if zero effort at all has went in and/or if it simply doesn't match the theme. If someone wants to publicly mark me 1 star for an honest opinon on a pic thats fine. But you'll prob find a lot of peoples great pics are marked down simply to eliminate their competition..

Posted
15 minutes ago, JenniferTP said:

And I think it would also encourage people to vote fairly and not because they don't like you. Its a cowardly shitty thing for people to mark you down imply because of who you are. (Someone admitted to me once they have done this to someone, so it does happen). 

As I stated earlier, in general, voting tends to be more fair with anonymity than without. People may *** backlashes if others can see how they vote. While I'm sure it happens occasionally, I doubt most people rate others poorly because of some personal vendetta, and I'd sincerely doubt it would be as much of an influence as *** of backlashes. We're mostly just a bunch of strangers on the internet here (If you're some kind of celebrity, I apologize). 

Posted
So you think people on this app are out to get you? Is their a 1 million dollar prize for each competition? I don’t think so. It sounds to me like you can’t face the reality that you might not be as popular as you think you are. Thats an old and dull reality thats been a thing since the dawn of time unfortunately.
Posted

I really don't worry about  what people think of me or my pictures. To solve this problem simply, is do the rating like the quick kink, √ or X or scroll on. And what would be the point of seeing the people who voted you down, it would only make you feel worse and cause alot more confrontation. Also the comps are only for a bit of fun so shouldn't be taken too seriously

Posted

I think rating systems in general are a bad idea its subjective and on a site as diverse as this one i think its asking for more negatives than positives to individuals who are exploring BDSM lifestyles. The like option seems enough click like or dont why rate 1-5 its not really needed is it?

Posted

Hello all.  I've just mentioned this to some of our team - and - there are already some changes in the pipeline which should improve things in line with what is being asked.  Hopefully more news soon

Posted
Best and Fastest Rope Tying, Fastest Rope Bunny Escape Artist, Best Costume Designer, Hottest 5 Word Sentence Writer, Most Ingenious DIY Contraption For Sexual Enhancement... Things that exhibit people's skis, ingenuity, enthusiasm. These are competitions that I would get behind and be interested in on THIS site (in particular). Things like highest rated ass or tattoo (things that are very much out of one's control or which the contestant had not even created themselves- tattoo) are not much more than the various incarnations of beauty pageants all over the place "out there". They ultimately are a negative net draw on well-being. Congratulations! You were rated best ass in the Fetish. Com competition. Add that accolade to your best ass in high school, best ass at the gym, best ass in the office and best ass on the PAC.
Posted
Really have no interest in actual ratings system, people's opinions are none of my business. But the photo competition is a great way to collect your daily points regularly. And the 30 points for entering. Even managed a placing in one older competition ,due to lack of couples entries,lol!
Posted
5 minutes ago, SayQuois said:

Best and Fastest Rope Tying, Fastest Rope Bunny Escape Artist, Best Costume Designer, Hottest 5 Word Sentence Writer, Most Ingenious DIY Contraption For Sexual Enhancement... Things that exhibit people's skis, ingenuity, enthusiasm. These are competitions that I would get behind and be interested in on THIS site (in particular). Things like highest rated ass or tattoo (things that are very much out of one's control or which the contestant had not even created themselves- tattoo) are not much more than the various incarnations of beauty pageants all over the place "out there". They ultimately are a negative net draw on well-being. Congratulations! You were rated best ass in the Fetish. Com competition. Add that accolade to your best ass in high school, best ass at the gym, best ass in the office and best ass on the PAC.

I should say, in fairness, the current competition about hair, is something that potentially involves a lot of skill, art and creativity.  But I like wild messy tangled hair (and I can tell the real thing from a $100 salon tangled mess! 😘)

Posted
@fetmod do these ratings give five out of foiur gummy bears? How ever are we to rate things as long as the OP approves. God forbid we rate anything outside of her judgement
Posted
45 minutes ago, shiptur said:

@fetmod do these ratings give five out of foiur gummy bears? How ever are we to rate things as long as the OP approves. God forbid we rate anything outside of her judgement

Ok since you seem to have some sort of personal vendetta against me I will reply..

Your aggressive comments are not needed or wanted. 

I did NOT post this with MY feelings in mind. Someone, (a few actually) that I spoke to have mentioned the TALLY OF NEGATIVES at the bottom to be an issue. Mine is at 900 or so. Over the course of the 18 months I have been here.... Fine by me, people don't like, they don't like....

Some women, as even stated above have 1000s of these so why should THEY need to sit and look at that reminder????

It's not who rates you what, it is the flaw in the tally that doesn't refresh. Not once have I assumed I am above anyone else, OR that I am 'popular' nor am I butt hurt that I have some lower marks. 

So while there will always be helpful criticism, there will always be things like your input. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Pleasurecalculus said:

As I stated earlier, in general, voting tends to be more fair with anonymity than without. People may *** backlashes if others can see how they vote. While I'm sure it happens occasionally, I doubt most people rate others poorly because of some personal vendetta, and I'd sincerely doubt it would be as much of an influence as *** of backlashes. We're mostly just a bunch of strangers on the internet here (If you're some kind of celebrity, I apologize). 

Not at all no, thank you for the reply. I thought I had touched on the backlash bit already.. 

I don't think anyone would contact people just for voting them slightly lower? I'd be very confused if someone went to this extreme, but again the low vote is NOT the issue, its the tally reminding you of all the low votes across all competitions at the bottom that's all. If those low votes were visible among the rest, people wouldn't feel as self conscious if that makes sense. And il say this again, while I personally don't have too much stress with it, hearing other people point it out made me feel sad as they had beautiful pictures in the past, and it made me notice their point with the rating system detailed at the bottom. It is nothing to do with popularity or status on here for anyone, but some people do pride themselves in their pictures and do post their best ones, to see such a knock back isn't pleasant. But again, nothing to do with the actual rating, just Fet's tally which the mod above has touched on being something they're looking into. I know people who have complained privately but perhaps some opinions publicly on the TALLY rating may help them gain some insight on what troubles people. xx

Posted
2 hours ago, FETMOD-KF said:

Hello all.  I've just mentioned this to some of our team - and - there are already some changes in the pipeline which should improve things in line with what is being asked.  Hopefully more news soon

Thank you, It is nice to know it was ALREADY being looked into, so things are being amended about a possible exisiting concern. Thanks for your reply :)

Posted
3 hours ago, FitGirl said:

I think rating systems in general are a bad idea its subjective and on a site as diverse as this one i think its asking for more negatives than positives to individuals who are exploring BDSM lifestyles. The like option seems enough click like or dont why rate 1-5 its not really needed is it?

Makes sense. I always rate as fairly as I can but I guess it could be done on a like or pass thing. Again someone doesn't like a picture, it's not to their taste, that's fine. Even if they mark low or not at all, I don't think the site should remind you progressingly over time of the negatives. That's my only point I think. This site is wonderful, and everyone (mostly) is here for the same reason. So lifting each other, encourgaing and supporting should always be a thing. xx

Posted
1 hour ago, shiptur said:

Oh good grief.  Are you feeling aggrieved because someone has given her sincere opinion on the cometions'rating system and how it affects her and her friends?  Rest easy, mate.  Her approval was never part of her post.  Stop fighting straw men

Posted
4 hours ago, Chiana said:

I really don't worry about  what people think of me or my pictures. To solve this problem simply, is do the rating like the quick kink, √ or X or scroll on. And what would be the point of seeing the people who voted you down, it would only make you feel worse and cause alot more confrontation. Also the comps are only for a bit of fun so shouldn't be taken too seriously

Yes I agree, it's not what people think about you. It is the Fet tally as mentioned above so I won't keep on about that. I do think it would be ***y hectic if someone did challenge someone who marked them down, I guess stranger things have happened though! But as said above by char also, people do indeed mark you down out of spite, it does happen. I'd not confront anyone, they don't like, fair enough, but I don't want to see a growing negativity at the bottom lol It deffo is fun and it has not put me off... I will still enter. I enjoy getting creative for it :)

Posted
1 hour ago, SayQuois said:

I should say, in fairness, the current competition about hair, is something that potentially involves a lot of skill, art and creativity.  But I like wild messy tangled hair (and I can tell the real thing from a $100 salon tangled mess! 😘)

I would have loved to have been able to do something more creative, though my hair did go into a horned detail haha. But to even have got some body hair photos, but alas I can't grow mine when I flipping need to. I did see a photo of a gentle man with no hair holding the finger up and I thought it was one of the best photos on there. He made me smile. Wild hair is awesome! Mines a big bushy mess at times but in the new year I will be shaving my head for a cancer charity, I will miss my locks but the cause is worth it! Perhaps if they have a bald competition I can enter haha xx

Posted
2 hours ago, BountyHunter said:

Really have no interest in actual ratings system, people's opinions are none of my business. But the photo competition is a great way to collect your daily points regularly. And the 30 points for entering. Even managed a placing in one older competition ,due to lack of couples entries,lol!

Yes bounty I agree, the ratings are people opinions, there shouldn't be division of pos/neg though. And it's bonkers that people may challenge someone for a lesser rating, I hadn't touched on it as it didn't even enter my mind as a possibility..oops! But yes they are fun, they do get you some points and help boost your creativity! I think it's great to have, and really shows you some peoples imaginations <3

Posted
10 minutes ago, SayQuois said:

Oh good grief.  Are you feeling aggrieved because someone has given her sincere opinion on the cometions'rating system and how it affects her and her friends?  Rest easy, mate.  Her approval was never part of her post.  Stop fighting straw men

Thank you, I have no idea who this person is, or what his issue is, but there will always be one. This is nothing to do with ME, giving approval, being butt hurt or anything like that whatsoever. It is something i brought to the table as an adult, for mature discussion and debate, something different in the terms of topics. Everyone else has been great giving feedback, so with the point of the post, I'll focus on the positives people have said in regards to the point xx

Posted
9 minutes ago, Pete46 said:

Always gave you the 5 😘

Argh I don;'t wanna know! haha. But seriously, on my end I use web browser, and it used to show the stars themselves, but now it just shows who voted 3-5 and the 1-2 tallied, so it doesn't actually (on my end anyway) who voted which star. So perhaps this can be the way going forward. Still showing people voted but the stars hidden, without the negative at the bottom. That would also stop peoples worries of being confronted I guess. xx

Posted
1 hour ago, shiptur said:

So.  It's not the first time members have raised something like that.  Previously you used to be able to rate photos on a profile 1-5 and a lot of people were rating 1's to be spiteful rather than any form of productiveness.   So, following feedback - we adopted a simple 'like' system.

The ratings are a little bit more important in the competition because they were left - but, again, there'd been some recent feedback about this - and - the team responsible are looking at ways to make it better.

It's not really about one users approval or another - but about making the site a better experience for many people.

Posted
12 minutes ago, JenniferTP said:

Argh I don;'t wanna know! haha. But seriously, on my end I use web browser, and it used to show the stars themselves, but now it just shows who voted 3-5 and the 1-2 tallied, so it doesn't actually (on my end anyway) who voted which star. So perhaps this can be the way going forward. Still showing people voted but the stars hidden, without the negative at the bottom. That would also stop peoples worries of being confronted I guess. xx

@FETMOD-KF would this option at all be a possibility, if there is no stars showing, just that someone voted, losing the tally at the bottom? That way the tally doesn't make people self conscious, people can still vote 1-5 and the star itself doesn't need to be shown? But whatever the decision it's great that it was being looked at beforehand, improvement is always good and I apologise if I ruffled feathers with this post x

Posted
18 minutes ago, FETMOD-KF said:

So.  It's not the first time members have raised something like that.  Previously you used to be able to rate photos on a profile 1-5 and a lot of people were rating 1's to be spiteful rather than any form of productiveness.   So, following feedback - we adopted a simple 'like' system.

The ratings are a little bit more important in the competition because they were left - but, again, there'd been some recent feedback about this - and - the team responsible are looking at ways to make it better.

It's not really about one users approval or another - but about making the site a better experience for many people.

I really don't mind the pics being rated 1 to 5, but don't give me a running tally of how many people think I'm shit (3000+, people) and really, either make all the ratings anonymous or none of them.

Posted

I don’t understand why you would want to rate anyone low anyway, it just seems a negative and at times quite cruel thing to do, build people up it more worthwhile. Its supposed to be a bit of fun why knock someone’s confidence…….that’s just my take on it