Competition ratings..... Not great.

Je****

Posted
This is one of the reasons why I don't enter them no more, due to the low ratings I have received. But, the photos have have been placed either 1st, 2nd or 3rd are more attractive and beautiful than my poxy photo. Me as a mere mortal have no chance of winning. It is each to their own as to how many star ratings each photo is worth. A good top end photo is worth that 5* rating.
Posted
This question has cropped up on here so many times over the years. The main photos used to be liked as a ‘star rating’ too but they stopped that so I don’t understand why the competition pics are still rated that way.
Trouble is sometimes if you click on the stars they seem to rate themselves (ie you click on 5 & only 3 light up) & then it won’t allow you to change it which then appears to give a shitty rating!
I was forever apologising to people that I had given them 5* but it hadn’t come up.
I guess it’s just a case of the site endlessly developing but that only happens over time.
Posted

This has been an interesting post and I am glad it's been mentioned by Fet peoples that the rating bit was already being looked at. 

Calling this somewhat of a 'social experiment' to the minds of some.

Due to and since this has been up, my negative picture rating tally has SKYROCKETED. I mean, no joke, it has soared.

So after having much of a giggle about this fact, the reality of it set in (my personal reality on results/ratings due to something critical being mentioned), from that my decision is to cease entering the competitions until Fet itself does away with the negative tally at the bottom. If...it does, that is when I'll find some peace of mind for (others and) myself to try to join in again. 

Thanks everyone who commented.!!

Posted
On 11/21/2021 at 3:22 AM, absolutdoc said:

So it sounds like everyone competing has a chance to vote down their competitor anonymously?

How much sense does that make?

That's a very good point! :see_no_evil: This way the competition doesn't make any sense at all and explains the many low marks. Fully agree: If voting then "I like it" or just no comment. Spot on. Whole thing seems a bit f... up.