Where are all the ‘genuine’ Dommes

we****

Posted
7 minutes ago, Veryigosub said:

Domme contacts you, tells you they want you to serve them, gets you into some other messaging app and demands tribute. It certainly comes across as predator like and is something new to me to cope with.

So - yep - this is a scam and there's a couple of tips here to help unravel this.

I can be exciting when someone contacts you but there are often a few things the scammer is relying on you doing, or not doing here.  So they're relying on you replying quickly in your excitement and not checking out their profile.   So as exciting it might be - trying to find out a little bit about the person interested can put you in good stead.   

If for example it's a generic or blank profile, newly created (or active for the first time in a while, or active for a while but no real sign of activity) it can see something is amiss. A lot of the scammers use stolen pictures of pro Dommes but some of these are difficult spots.  One that springs to mind were using very old pictures of a lady who has undergone a massive image change, and there is a retired Scottish Domme seems to be catfished as a lot.  But this then has you at the mercy of if you recognise them, although a google image search may well be your friend.

Of course a lot of this is not typical human behaviour.

The signs it is a scam is they will often move quickly, often seemingly offering everything you want and while they seem interested it's often very basic and non conversational questions like your age and location (sometimes the scam will be someone based godknows where who will say they are moving to a city near you) 

Sometimes tribute is or isn't asked for but the big red flag is them quickly wanting you off-site, there's a lot less accountability if they get you on, say, hangouts - which also gives away some of your personal info and means they can continue to talk with you after their account here is inevitably disabled.

While there are a lot of mixed views on tribute - Pros tend not to seek out clients in this method 

Posted
5 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

So - yep - this is a scam and there's a couple of tips here to help unravel this.

I can be exciting when someone contacts you but there are often a few things the scammer is relying on you doing, or not doing here.  So they're relying on you replying quickly in your excitement and not checking out their profile.   So as exciting it might be - trying to find out a little bit about the person interested can put you in good stead.   

If for example it's a generic or blank profile, newly created (or active for the first time in a while, or active for a while but no real sign of activity) it can see something is amiss. A lot of the scammers use stolen pictures of pro Dommes but some of these are difficult spots.  One that springs to mind were using very old pictures of a lady who has undergone a massive image change, and there is a retired Scottish Domme seems to be catfished as a lot.  But this then has you at the mercy of if you recognise them, although a google image search may well be your friend.

Of course a lot of this is not typical human behaviour.

The signs it is a scam is they will often move quickly, often seemingly offering everything you want and while they seem interested it's often very basic and non conversational questions like your age and location (sometimes the scam will be someone based godknows where who will say they are moving to a city near you) 

Sometimes tribute is or isn't asked for but the big red flag is them quickly wanting you off-site, there's a lot less accountability if they get you on, say, hangouts - which also gives away some of your personal info and means they can continue to talk with you after their account here is inevitably disabled.

While there are a lot of mixed views on tribute - Pros tend not to seek out clients in this method 

I am surprised and a little saddened that this is so prevalent now and I even discovered a 30 minute video on YouTube about how to extract the most amount out of male subs.

I have read many of your excellent posts on this subject and ultimately, lifestyle Dommes are pretty rare especially in comparison to the amount of sub men. I always knew this but to actually see the volume of messages they get is eye opening. It’s like 50 per day or more on average! No wonder they don’t want to answer them all, it would be like a full time job to do so.

Posted

I'll have to check out this video - not for tips, ahem, but to see if there's any tactics I'm not aware of.   There is obviously a lot I will defend, but I ultimately don't want anyone to get scammed so boosting my learning to help share with others - might help.

I do sometimes feel the ratio is a little bit overstated but it can SEEM hopeless.  But I do honestly feel that it's both narrower than it seems and a little easier to stand from the crowd than it feels.  There's a lot really does seem easier in writing than reality (something I know all too well, ha) but honestly, it can slot together. 

Posted
I think there is an association that gets made between pro-Domme, Fin-Domme, lifestyle Domme and scammer-Domme which is entirely unfair on pretty much all of them.

If you want professional services, go to a professional, most have extensive websites with everything you need to know. Since you are literally putting your body at their mercy, better make sure that they know what they are doing. Important to point out that many pro-Dommes started out as lifestyle Dommes and there is nothing wrong if asked to be a fetish dispenser that you charge for this… but I do think this should be made clear in profiles.
Posted
10 minutes ago, Veryigosub said:

I do think this should be made clear in profiles.

oh something I missed.

Professionals on this site are supposed to have a € symbol clear on their profile. If someone asks for *** and doesn't have this - then, at best, they've not verified and are not in the site rules

Posted

(mind - I am aware there are a couple of people on this site who work professionally but are here not seeking clients - that is of course different)

• 1 month later...
Posted

I just wanted to thank all of you. it has been very enlightening and I have a better understanding of a woman I want to this lifestyle with.

Hopefully, I will find her here.

• 2 months later...
Posted
Isn’t there a confusion here between FemDom and Pro Domme or FinDomme?
Posted
4 hours ago, Chloebear said:

Isn’t there a confusion here between FemDom and Pro Domme or FinDomme?

Always.

And of course, women who wouldn't consider themselves to be any of those, but really enjoy doing Dominant activities. 

Posted
@eyemblacksheep I mean, the OP refers to Femdoms but I think perhaps means findom/mes?
Posted
1 hour ago, Chloebear said:

@eyemblacksheep I mean, the OP refers to Femdoms but I think perhaps means findom/mes?

Ah - I think re-reading it

She might have confused things a bit - but that she is a Dominant lady who does not work professionally