The enjoyment of play and signs if enjoyment

Wi****

Posted

Hi I've been mulling this topic over in my head for quite a  while now and a couple of things have bouncing around in there so here goes.
I had my first play session and it was fabulous I enjoyed it emensly so many feelings and sensations to process but as I say it was fabulous. However during the play even though I was very aroused my clitty wouldn't get hard, this in turn made we wonder if my Domme was wondering if I was enjoying what was happening. We were communicating very well and I was reassuring her I was. But because my clitty wasn't responding it made me think Domme might think I wasn't really. 
When our play finished we had some really nice aftercare which was sensual and comforting and reassuring it was beautiful. 
Later we chatted discussed what I mentioned about and we both reassured each other that we both had lots of fun a loved it and I wasn't to worry about my clitty not responding. Which put my mind at ease.
But it made me wonder are there other signs your Dom/me can see read that tells them you're enjoying what's happening during play other than communicating. 

Posted

Breathing, twitching, moaning, legs trembling, body warmth... all signs of arousal.

As we discussed it's not about how hard your clitty got or becomes...

Factor in nerves, excitement and the physical, mental and emotional aspects and it's a recipe for potential "performance issues"

Best way your Domme knows you're aroused? Do what you did my love, tell them 😚🐺🐺🧚‍♀️

Posted
I agree with BountyHunter. I watch and listen to my partner; honestly I don’t know that I have really checked someone’s clit to determine if they were aroused.

There are so many signs to watch and listen for. Just listening to the way someone breathes can tell a lot about how excited they are.

Posted
Ultimately all that matters is you both had a great time and were able to tell each other so - but yes signs like moans, gasps, twitches and other bodily signs are all indications.

We put a lot of pressure on ourselves for the obvious signs of arousal, and it can become a vicious circle of the more we think about it, the more it doesn't happen - but with an understanding partner (which you obviously had) and some self-acceptance it doesn't mean that a great time can't be had.

There's also the factor that BDSM doesn't always equate to sexual arousal for everyone, so perhaps that played a part to an extent - either way as I said, if you both had a great and pleasurable time try and focus on that.
Posted

I can only echo what others have said, there are so many signs of arousal. I don't think I've ever "checked a clit" to be sure everything was going as it should.

Stop worrying and enjoy the experience.