What's in a name?

Posted

I thought it might be fun to find out why or how, people chose their Fetish.com name, I've seen some strange ones for sure, some are easy to work out...others less so.

There's a lot like myself who use a real name and maybe bastardise it..My name's Jacqueline, friends call me Jacks, which I spell Jax because originally when I first started using it, it seemed less masculine (of course that was years before Sons of Anarchy came along and ruined that šŸ¤£), some use something that describes who they are, or what they're looking for...some are perhaps alter egos.

Hopefully some of you who've got my curiosity burning will reply šŸ˜Š

Posted
I think mine speaks for itself x
Posted
Hmmmm cheeks. One because I'm a cheeky cunt and secondly for my love of rosie bottoms
Posted

For me it is the knee socks fetish I have, and part of it is my name.

Posted
Me I choose this as I identify as a submissive, act like a mischievous monkey and it incorporates my actual name in the kay so Submonkay was born
Posted
Mine kinda says everything on the tin, Hex the Pup, I am a crossdresser too but "HexTheCrossdressingPup" hasn't got the same ring to it xD
Posted
1 hour ago, Humanfloor said:

I think mine speaks for itself x

I think so too šŸ˜Ž

Posted
1 hour ago, Mr-Cheeks said:

Hmmmm cheeks. One because I'm a cheeky cunt and secondly for my love of rosie bottoms

Quite partial to rosie arse myself šŸ˜Š

Posted
24 minutes ago, Kneesockant said:

For me it is the knee socks fetish I have, and part of it is my name.

I like names that have some thought behind them..good blend you have thereĀ  ā˜ŗ

Posted
25 minutes ago, subm0nKay said:

Me I choose this as I identify as a submissive, act like a mischievous monkey and it incorporates my actual name in the kay so Submonkay was born

Oh now that's clever, often wondered about your mOn bit šŸ˜Š

Posted
11 minutes ago, HexThePup said:

Mine kinda says everything on the tin, Hex the Pup, I am a crossdresser too but "HexTheCrossdressingPup" hasn't got the same ring to it xD

I think with your name the Hex bit threw me, I read too many fantasy novels with evil witches in maybe and you always seem so sweet ā˜ŗ

Posted
1 minute ago, MsJax said:

I think with your name the Hex bit threw me, I read too many fantasy novels with evil witches in maybe and you always seem so sweet ā˜ŗ

Hex is actualy an old inside joke between me and a few old friends, (we where strange ***agers) we invented "the cult of mathematical shapes" and my shape was the Hexagon as i was member number 5, (Circle, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, etc) and after a while it was shortened to Hexy

Posted

Mine came from registering on a shopping site. Part of my name but to many Al's around so the site came up with the numbers and I just use it everywhere now.

Posted
3 minutes ago, HexThePup said:

Hex is actualy an old inside joke between me and a few old friends, (we where strange ***agers) we invented "the cult of mathematical shapes" and my shape was the Hexagon as i was member number 5, (Circle, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, etc) and after a while it was shortened to Hexy

Thats sooooo cute, and I'm sure unique, the cult of mathematical shapes...you definitely got the best name..poor square šŸ¤£

Posted
4 minutes ago, Al004 said:

Mine came from registering on a shopping site. Part of my name but to many Al's around so the site came up with the numbers and I just use it everywhere now.

As I've got older I get grumpier and grumpier with shopping sites, actually, websites in general. If I can't use the name I want I just shop or browse elsewhere..I refuse point blank to let themĀ reduce me to a number..no matter how unreasonable of me that is, or how inconvenient šŸ˜… it's nice your happy with yours though ā˜ŗ

Posted
I chose mine from signing up to a website asking for a username, i had a set of pink fairylights up in my room at the time and it stuck with me. Having said that since signing up here i have gone from strength to strength and have become 'Fairy' i love her and really excited to see where she goes! šŸ˜Š
Posted
9 minutes ago, Fairylight said:

I chose mine from signing up to a website asking for a username, i had a set of pink fairylights up in my room at the time and it stuck with me. Having said that since signing up here i have gone from strength to strength and have become 'Fairy' i love her and really excited to see where she goes! šŸ˜Š

That's awesome...its a great name, I just had a quick peek at your profile, I suspect anyone who thinks fairies are all light and fluffy is in for a shock šŸ˜

Thanks for sharing šŸ˜Š

Ā 

Posted

When i first joined i just used the number assigned to me and added an i to it to personalise it, not knowing i couldn't change it. Anyway that one was linked to my facebook and my fb got suspended so i had to faff about a little to sort out a new account, staff on here where great at helping with that btw, i didn't use my fb this time as i have no idea why it was suspended and not going to risk that again (i unlinked everything from fb and it's all linked to my gmail now), anyway the dropbox dropped down my old username so i thought i'd try that again, the site still thought it was in use and so suggested the same name with 3 more numbers on the end...i could not get rid of the dropbox to put anything else so i just went with that.

Ā 

Then i got identified as a valid person on here and could change it so went with 3SumQueen. Didn't want to go the typical internet way of being Miss/Ms/Domme as althoughĀ  i'm using the internet i wanted to distance myself from the typical guy who frequents the internet looking for 'a domme', so went with Queen. Plus it's an old username now on the internet from another site, so if anyone from that site knows me they can find me here, and i did recommend this site on there to a few people and know at least 2 joined.

Ā 

Feels good to just have babbled on for a few minutes. :D

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, 3SumQueen said:

When i first joined i just used the number assigned to me and added an i to it to personalise it, not knowing i couldn't change it. Anyway that one was linked to my facebook and my fb got suspended so i had to faff about a little to sort out a new account, staff on here where great at helping with that btw, i didn't use my fb this time as i have no idea why it was suspended and not going to risk that again (i unlinked everything from fb and it's all linked to my gmail now), anyway the dropbox dropped down my old username so i thought i'd try that again, the site still thought it was in use and so suggested the same name with 3 more numbers on the end...i could not get rid of the dropbox to put anything else so i just went with that.

Ā 

Then i got identified as a valid person on here and could change it so went with 3SumQueen. Didn't want to go the typical internet way of being Miss/Ms/Domme as althoughĀ  i'm using the internet i wanted to distance myself from the typical guy who frequents the internet looking for 'a domme', so went with Queen. Plus it's an old username now on the internet from another site, so if anyone from that site knows me they can find me here, and i did recommend this site on there to a few people and know at least 2 joined.

Ā 

Feels good to just have babbled on for a few minutes. :D

That all makes perfect sense..I like to use the same name everywhere too when I can, I too use my gmail to link to anything that might be a little suspect..rarely use fb at all these days and my fb accounts totally 'nilla.

My Ms came after my divorce, Miss was just not suitable and Mistress far too in your face, see a lot more Ms's about now tho, but I lack the imagination to think of anything else..for me it was more to put Doms off than to attract subs if that makes sense?

Babble away anytime..especially to me, love a good natter me šŸ˜Š

Ā 

Edited by Deleted Member
Typo
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, MsJax said:

That all makes perfect sense..I like to use the same name everywhere too when I can, I too use my gmail to link to anything that might be a little suspect..rarely use fb at all these days and my fb accounts totally 'nilla.

My Ms came after my divorce, Miss was just not suitable and Mistress far too in your face, see a lot more Ms's about now tho, but I lack the imagination to think of anything else..for me it was more to put Doms off than to attract subs if that makes sense?

Babble away anytime..especially to me, love a good natter me šŸ˜Š

Ā 

I don't think there's anything wrong with using Miss/Ms/Domme, they're just words that help people understand what we are (although i wouldn't have guessed yours was because of divorce), just after using fetlife, and other BDSM sites before this one, i just felt using that name would attract the wrong type of men. Saying that when i was just 472i i attracted a lot of the wrong type of guy then so idk how my logic works lol.

Ā 

Funny though, we both used names to put men off.

Ā 

I'm sad i lost that fb as it has loads of photos of family and even my pet dog that is now dead, they're all gone. I've learned my lesson now and put some of this stuff on other sites to store it. Of course loads of conversations with friends have gone as well. They've not even deleted it yet and this was months ago i just can't view it to download pics or sign into it. I've had my gmail account since forever so feel more confident nothing will get deleted if i link to that.

Ā 

Think i got all my babbling out in that first post,. :D dunno just had a really big urge to ramble on.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by 3SumQueen
Posted
1 hour ago, MsJax said:

I like names that have some thought behind them..good blend you have thereĀ  ā˜ŗ

Thank you.

Posted

@3SumQueenI was married very young, it was a disaster for all sorts of reasons..incompatible in sexual needs being one, when we spilt I swore I'd never have another relationship where I settled for less than I needed..and I've stuck to that for nearly 30 years..I like aspects of vanilla and ideally I'd blend the two, FLR style, but if you put a gunĀ to my head and made me choose kink or vanilla, kink wins hands down.

Don't fb have to give reasons when they ban you? That sucks and not in a good way, maybe a long term fb friend can still see posts you made and retrieve a couple of pics from their timeline?

Posted
3 minutes ago, MsJax said:

@3SumQueenI was married very young, it was a disaster for all sorts of reasons..incompatible in sexual needs being one, when we spilt I swore I'd never have another relationship where I settled for less than I needed..and I've stuck to that for nearly 30 years..I like aspects of vanilla and ideally I'd blend the two, FLR style, but if you put a gunĀ to my head and made me choose kink or vanilla, kink wins hands down.

Don't fb have to give reasons when they ban you? That sucks and not in a good way, maybe a long term fb friend can still see posts you made and retrieve a couple of pics from their timeline?

Fb said it's because my name isn't in English, yet i've made a new account and my name also isn't in English and they didn't stop me from making one so i don't accept that as an excuse. It's my real name just not using the english alphabet. And nobody can see it no,Ā  my *** noticed it had gone within a day and texted me asking about it. I still get emails telling me about my friends and groups posts though so know it's not been deleted. It's only my loss of pictures that bothers me, nothing else as i don't use it much except for keeping in touch with family and i can do that on my new one.

Don't know what i want from a relationship any more, think i've been single way too long and see more benefits in that now, plus my only bad relationships have been with abusive guys (only 2 of those and they didn't last long once i realised what was going on). I don't mind vanilla also to a degree although i now know i am fairly kinky and would like me some of that still with someone i can trust. I did actually think what me and my ex used to get up to was fairly normal, well not his crossdressing i knew that was a kink, when i joined fetlife and saw most of this stuff was considered kink and some of it BDSM i was surprised and thought most people did this kind of stuff but on the face of it most of what we did wasn't extreme and i do think i was only classing the more extreme stuff as BDSM. It's good you know what you want and why. I've got an idea of what i want based on experimenting while single but as most of my relationships were alright not off them really. It's good to have forums as well on sites because a lot of what i wanted when i was younger wasn't seen as acceptable but now you can see from others that is does happen and there's nothing wrong with it.

Ā 

Lugnut-4292
Posted

Well, I'm going to be a big disappointment. I have used the same name in a lot of sites but decided I wanted a bit of anonymity so i picked a new one here. No real planning to the name, just what entered my head at the time. | suffer from clinical paranoia so I am too careful. I will share my true identity with friends at munches and the like but not online. The tattoo is of a celtic dog eating its tail and Mrs LugNut calls me dog during play so maybe that is a more realistic name.

L

Posted

@3SumQueenAgain, I think we've been singing fromĀ pretty much the same hymn book lol...parallel lives in a quite spooky way..there was no internet or easily accessible info and with me being different to the ex I spent a good few years convinced I was just fucked up..I think itĀ was Cassie who asked what wish we'd make, and mine was to be 15 again and know then what I know now..thats pretty much why, so I'd accept myself and not make so many mistakes trying to fit in, in a world that didn't understand me..the vanilla one...still it is what it is..makes me more determined than ever though, we deserve as much happiness and phenomenal sex as anyone else šŸ˜Š