What's in a name?

Posted
39 minutes ago, lugnut said:

Well, I'm going to be a big disappointment. I have used the same name in a lot of sites but decided I wanted a bit of anonymity so i picked a new one here. No real planning to the name, just what entered my head at the time. | suffer from clinical paranoia so I am too careful. I will share my true identity with friends at munches and the like but not online. The tattoo is of a celtic dog eating its tail and Mrs LugNut calls me dog during play so maybe that is a more realistic name.

L

I'm not disappointed in the least, an honest answer is always a good answer ☺

Discretion online is a lesson a lot learn the hardway, and everyone has their own options, what you choose works for you and MrsL that's all that should matter.

Dog chasing it's tail I get, eating...my..arent you bendy 😇

Posted
Polly was a childhood nickname & im fat with big boobs ....taaadaaaa 😁
Posted
8 minutes ago, BigPolly said:

Polly was a childhood nickname & im fat with big boobs ....taaadaaaa 😁

You're curvy and sexy as hell with it...when I was a kid I was dead jealous of a girl called Pollyanna I wanted to be her just for her gorgeous name! And now I want to be you ...I mean that in the nicest possible way 😊

Posted

Yes I am, I love ‘me’ to bits 😁

thank you so much 😘x

Posted

mine is one I kinda.... got stuck with, haha

see, years ago when I first joined Fetlife (and I now use the same fetname on here, on my blog and on twitter, tumblr etc)  I firstly didn't want to use an instantly recognisable name could be traced back to me.

And so now, yeah, there's people on these sites know it's me - but I didn't want a name someone could just search on the sites to find.

I also didn't want a name that tied me to a single fetish or role.  

So effectively just scrolling through music on my phone.

A song I particularly like 'Eye M The Black Sheep' by a Mexican electro-punk band called Rabia Sorda (I've seen them live a few times and also worked with them twice) and so, yeah, it kinda stuck from there.

The song isn't particularly kinky - but - it does gift a fairly recognisable name.

Posted

@eyemblacksheep Strangely, I nearly asked you about your name on here, the other week as it intrigued me 😁

Posted
6 minutes ago, BigPolly said:

@eyemblacksheep Strangely, I nearly asked you about your name on here, the other week as it intrigued me 😁

an advantage is it has been an icebreaker at times ;) 

sometimes I feel it's a bit... stuck... but then sometimes that can be a good thing.

Posted
10 hours ago, MsJax said:

@3SumQueenAgain, I think we've been singing from pretty much the same hymn book lol...parallel lives in a quite spooky way..there was no internet or easily accessible info and with me being different to the ex I spent a good few years convinced I was just fucked up..I think it was Cassie who asked what wish we'd make, and mine was to be 15 again and know then what I know now..thats pretty much why, so I'd accept myself and not make so many mistakes trying to fit in, in a world that didn't understand me..the vanilla one...still it is what it is..makes me more determined than ever though, we deserve as much happiness and phenomenal sex as anyone else 😊

I never really thought i was messed up and thought society was. Might be because i kept my thoughts to myself though and so nobody knew them and could tell me i wasn't normal. I only wanted a relationship with 2 guys so that isn't too weird or out there either, but nobody classed that as normal 20 yrs ago. And if only  i'd known cuckold was a thing then.

I'm not even that fussed about a sex life anymore, but if i do feel like having one then i agree we deserve a good one.

Posted

I have 8 out of 10 cats does countdown to 'thank' for mine!!!!!

I was watching and Suzi Dent was going thru some 'words' and brought up Callipygian - having shapely buttocks.

I had my profile picture up on another site and it received a few good responses (which was very nice ;) - so i thought why not.

...........something like  i couldnt even spell it yet along know what it meant!!!

Posted

Hi.

i got my name from a Mistress who collared me some time ago. During the ceremony, I was on my knees and she touched my shoulders with a crop naming me SirPiggySlave, as others,also my name on Fetlife. The piggy bit comes from a pigs mask I have.

Posted

@3SumQueenI didnt mean to imply that you, thought the same way about fuckedupery..I believe I own the patent on that 😉

Posted
8 hours ago, callipygian said:

I have 8 out of 10 cats does countdown to 'thank' for mine!!!!!

I was watching and Suzi Dent was going thru some 'words' and brought up Callipygian - having shapely buttocks.

I had my profile picture up on another site and it received a few good responses (which was very nice ;) - so i thought why not.

...........something like  i couldnt even spell it yet along know what it meant!!!

That's my favourite panel show, although I dont recall that word..but not being blessed with an arse like yours, I suppose I'm less likely to remember 😉

Thank you for joining in ☺

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SirPiggy said:

Hi.

i got my name from a Mistress who collared me some time ago. During the ceremony, I was on my knees and she touched my shoulders with a crop naming me SirPiggySlave, as others,also my name on Fetlife. The piggy bit comes from a pigs mask I have.

I have to confess I presumed it meant cashpig or something similar. Thank you for explaining ☺

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted
47 minutes ago, MsJax said:

That's my favourite panel show, although I dont recall that word..but not being blessed with an arse like yours, I suppose I'm less likely to remember 😉

Thank you for joining in ☺

Funnily enough I nearly started this exact thread just the other day!!   Some names do intrigue me (lots!) - maybe there should be a 'name of the week' prize (fkc knows how you choose it tho - i shall volunteer ;)

You have v shapely legs - which I looked up a word for - couldn't ***y find one!

Posted
58 minutes ago, callipygian said:

Funnily enough I nearly started this exact thread just the other day!!   Some names do intrigue me (lots!) - maybe there should be a 'name of the week' prize (fkc knows how you choose it tho - i shall volunteer ;)

You have v shapely legs - which I looked up a word for - couldn't ***y find one!

We have curious minds on this site, amazed someone hadn't already asked 🤣

Thank you, they're by far my best bit of anatomy, shapely is a good enough word 😊

Posted

Deschaine,

french for “of the chains” 

double meaning i suppose, one is purely for kink ouuu chains ;) 

the other is an affirmation of how far i’ve come in releasing my own restraints

Posted
11 hours ago, Deschaine said:

Deschaine,

french for “of the chains” 

double meaning i suppose, one is purely for kink ouuu chains ;) 

the other is an affirmation of how far i’ve come in releasing my own restraints

Subtle, and clever..thank you for sharing 😊

Posted

Firewitch was a name given to me at a festival, late at night as the camp fire was becoming embers but the conversation and people still with lots of life.

I commissioned 3 young men to attend the forest with me,  I found some large fallen and seasoned branches which I got them to carry back to the fire. I broke the wood and revived the fire.  

I was dubbed Firewitch.

I'm a pyromaniac, an Aries and have a strong interest in the old ways....

Therefore my connection to this name is important and I see her growing and changing which is the most wonderful thing

Fire x

🔥♥️🔥

Posted
20 hours ago, Firewitch said:

Firewitch was a name given to me at a festival, late at night as the camp fire was becoming embers but the conversation and people still with lots of life.

I commissioned 3 young men to attend the forest with me,  I found some large fallen and seasoned branches which I got them to carry back to the fire. I broke the wood and revived the fire.  

I was dubbed Firewitch.

I'm a pyromaniac, an Aries and have a strong interest in the old ways....

Therefore my connection to this name is important and I see her growing and changing which is the most wonderful thing

Fire x

🔥♥️🔥

That's a wonderful story, thank you for sharing something so personal Fire, BB x

• 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I (once upon a time) was given the name aphrodite by my then Master who was known as Sacto, I was given that name because of the similar characteristics that we 'seemingly' share....but, given the online etiquette at the time determining that a slaves name must be tagged with her Masters name, I was known as Sactos_aphrodite. (This was essential so that people knew at a glance that I was an owned slave.) Within chat though, people combined the two for ease of typing and saph was born which, after we went our separate ways, evolved to saphy. 

The ironic part of it all though is that if you Google the name saphy and read the Urban Dictionary definition, its pretty much me in a nut shell 😂😂 so it's forever stuck.

But there ya go. Now you know. xxxxx

Edited by saphy
Spelling error
Posted

@saphyI'd never have worked that out in my entire lifetime. I almost asked you in chat months ago, but some names are very personal and I didn't know you well enough then to ask..just in case it was one of those..I remember the tagging thing was very common on Informed Consent..( I still miss IC), I never really approved of tagging, kinda felt it blurred individual identities,  but I was young and niàve back then, I suppose looking back it made sense..thank you saphy x

Posted

@MsJax I think having been afforded a 'tag'  I can see the value in it firsthand, like any other site you will always get the opportunists and the fifty shade wannabes who were beyond ruthless in how they spoke and acted with girls. Time and time again you would see girls being 'openly' disciplined i.e. spanked, hog tied, slapped and humiliated within the open chat rooms by random newbies who thought that was what the rooms were all about.  A slave/sub with a 'tag' though, and in the absence of her Master will instantly be afforded 'protection' during these times. It was at first glance known that she was owned, which for the best part was a deterrent.

On the flip side of that coin though, IF a girl was ever seen to be disrespectful or misbehaving then it was easy to see who owned her and He was informed of her insolence. That would carry a more severe punishment than had she been caught by her Master. But thats something that very rarely happened because a girl who carried her Masters name was not only disrespecting herself but disrespecting Him. Not typically something a slave would look to do. 

So all in all a tag has a purpose and to a slave its looked upon and treated as an extension of her ko'lar. Something she's proud to wear. 

Posted

Mine is a bit boring really. I am a massive Lady Gaga fan she is known as mother monster and us as fans are known as little monsters hence first when I was on here it was littlemonster83 that was just too much so I changed it to lilmonster and now know as lil lils or M which I like also. But.....I can be a lil monster also as a sub as I'm known for being a brat 😂😂😂

Posted

@saphyI get it now I'm more informed, this was back in my newbie years, back when dinosaurs were a treat for Sunday lunch..I'm a little, okay, Okay, a lot older than you and remember rooms from way back when, often you couldn't change names and subs or slaves would often be ignored simply because their (ex) owner wasn't present and they had a tag still, more often by the self proclaimed 'real' ones, one I recall likened it to having a rotting fish in an invisible backpack she couldn't ever take off, others with nefarious intentions would look for abandoned, or even very infrequently used profiles and invent a tag..presenting themselves as being trustworthy because they belonged to so and so, or worse, owner of so and so..submissive newcomers weren't made welcome without one and, you know me, I'm sure you can imagine some of the conversations I had even as a newbie  😇

Those who identify as slaves, it was I'm sure less problematic for, but as you know, not all do..thank goodness for progress..and improvements in the tech, I'm of course only mentioning the downsides, you've eloquently given the good ones. Thank you for coming back and sharing more..brought back some very happy memories, more than the distasteful ones for sure 😊