First contact

sissy_petra_uk_slut

sissy_petra_uk_slut
Posted

Ive been reading from other members, and from my own experinces, just how little, if at all people actually take the time to read the persons profile. How many times do you get asked for information on your profile, then ssked what  you are  looking for.

I had a thought to help weed this out and eliminate some of the time wasting. Its not 100% foolproof, but it may reduce some of the messages, after all we are all busy people. 

Before contacting a person for the first time, we should tick a box to confirm we have read the persons profile. If you dont tick you cant message. Like i say, some people will just tick  regardless, but it may reduce the numbers, and at least some of the people would have identifed what the member is here for, and its a good starter to actually communicate with that person on their likes and dislikes, even hobbies etc.

Posted
A Questionnaire for them to answer before messaging would be nice too
sissy_petra_uk_slut
Posted
I was thinking of that also, would mean they have to read it then.
Posted
Put the tick box at the bottom of their profile too!
Posted
My method is foolproof. Anyone who attempts to start a conversation with me by saying “Hey” has not read my profile and can be safely ignored: a) they’re clearly not the kind of person who bothers to read a profile; and b) they have no manners.
sissy_petra_uk_slut
Posted

That is another way, but you would still get a number of messages you need to open in your mail box 

Posted
1 minute ago, pappaman said:

That is another way, but you would still get a number of messages you need to open in your mail box 

I just hide them without reading. Done.

Posted
I think unfortunately the kind of person you are trying to weed out is the kind of person that would tick the box regardless and therefore what you are suggesting wouldn't make any difference.
Having been around sites like this one for some time now there is no foolproof way to eliminate those you don't want from messaging you - other than the one that DuchessFeuille uses.
It comes down to using your own instincts and judgement ultimately - I can usually tell from a first message received whether someone is someone I would want to get to know or not.
sissy_petra_uk_slut
Posted

I agree to some extent, as i mentioned it is not foolproof, but may reduce some numbers, others also engage in normal conversation then after some messages in, relate to something clearly in the profile which you oppose too.

Posted
I would love it if the 1st contact 1st message ***d them to type more then a god dam "hi" minimum words required lol after that one word answer is ok if it answers the question asked but I refuse to respond to hi only
sissy_petra_uk_slut
Posted

Possibly a minimum of so many words, like that idea.

sissy_petra_uk_slut
Posted

You may find that if they are fake, they wont bother ticking the boxes, and if a question was imported they wouldnt bother at all. 

Posted
There's already an option to set a minimum number of characters for someone's first message to you. You explore the settings.
I would personally like to see it if you could not message someone who hasn't written anything in their bio. This would dramatically reduce the number of new accounts that get hassled.
Posted
I think there is a setting for you to set the minimum amount of words a person must send in there message unless it's been removed.
You can also put things in there like start your message by saying blah blah and then you know they read your profile
Posted

I think there is a thing where... just because someone has sent you a message - doesn't even mean you need to read it ;) 

Posted
40 minutes ago, Bctazz said:
Agree but there are many on here that the profile is fake so you waste time talking only to find out this information. Just saying

Sadly fake profiles you will find everywhere non even everyone you meet in person will be true but reading through the profile gives you an idea and someone that use a fake profile does not always pay attention to small details or they pay to much attention to the small details so when looking at a profiles trust your gut and look for those that just a little too much to either side of the scale

Posted
As my profile states I'm uninterested in any current new relationships and to find me in the chat if they'd like to say hello as a friend, I just ignore the messages from those that clearly ignored this.
Posted
6 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think there is a thing where... just because someone has sent you a message - doesn't even mean you need to read it  

True but gosh the number of fools in your inbox can drive anyone insane somedays lol time of the week also plays a role from today till sat afternoon the fools comes out to play more actively then earlier in the week its like they have nothing better to do

Posted
36 minutes ago, KinkyKy said:
There's already an option to set a minimum number of characters for someone's first message to you. You explore the settings.
I would personally like to see it if you could not message someone who hasn't written anything in their bio. This would dramatically reduce the number of new accounts that get hassled.

I need to find that setting

sissy_petra_uk_slut
Posted

My point exactly, quality not quantity of messages 

Posted
9 hours ago, Cimky said:

I need to find that setting

In the browser/pc site it’s better on getting all the things you want the person to have before the message you. It’s under Settings and then message filters. I have a lot of check box so it would be hard for a person to message me, well the unwanted ones lol, and even with more than 500 words and other things,  they still able to message me with only a hi. Unfortunately a few people found out how to override it, go around it, and don’t have to met does requirements which sucks. I do get fewer messages than I used to be for. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Amy4U said:

In the browser/pc site it’s better on getting all the things you want the person to have before the message you. It’s under Settings and then message filters. I have a lot of check box so it would be hard for a person to message me, well the unwanted ones lol, and even with more than 500 words and other things,  they still able to message me with only a hi. Unfortunately a few people found out how to override it, go around it, and don’t have to met does requirements which sucks. I do get fewer messages than I used to be for. 

I found the settings thanks. Will see how it goes

sissy_petra_uk_slut
Posted

Thankyou for the tip @Amy4U