Best city in the world for BDSM lovers

JacquesMoran

JacquesMoran
Posted

Hi there, my name is Jacques, I’ve been in BDSM events and parties for about ten years, but only in Europe. I’m very close to make a life-changing choice, so I’d like to ask you which is, in your opinion, the best BDSM city in the world (the one with most clubs, festival, events, and so on). My favourite kinks are foot fetishis and trampling. I hope that someone could help me! Many thanks in advance 

Posted

I think if I was to relocate - accessibility to kink would be a factor but there's a lot at play and a lot of factors

If you're in London, for example, there is obviously a lot of choice, events of different shapes and sizes, munches, dungeons - but then it's also quite an expensive city to live and a lot is reflected in events also.  Some of the smaller fetish events start at £15/£20

I would probably relocate somewhere where travel to more than one city is an easy option - so perhaps being willing to sacrifice a strong local scene in exchange for being an hour away from places like London, Birmingham, Manchester 

So that might mean living in areas inbetween

One of the big problems you'll get is there's probably very few people who are well travelled enough to be able to differentiate and there's also a big difference between living somewhere and being a tourist to their local scene.  Sometimes it's better to enjoy the glitter without seeing all the glue which sticks it together. 

JacquesMoran
Posted

Many thanks for your answers. 

So you recommend the UK? are there many play parties there ? 

Posted
42 minutes ago, JacquesMoran said:

I don’t think the UK is necessarily being recommended, just used as an example. If you’re looking to move specifically for kink, would a little more travel first be a good idea maybe? As mentioned above, living somewhere and visiting are very different.

Posted
I am about to move of all places specifically for BDSM, Bondage and Shibari to of all places, Tennessee
Posted
3 hours ago, JacquesMoran said:

I am bias because I live here.   I have been to other countries for fetish purposes but again, only seen the glitter not the glue 

An advantage of the UK is it's a relatively small island and so a lot of places are accessible for travel; especially if you live somewhere centrally.    I'm in the North East which makes some places harder to get to than others - but I can do London and back in a day, hell in the next couple of weeks I'm doing fetish stuff in Wales and Scotland, both on same day returns.  

JacquesMoran
Posted

Many thanks for those who answered. 

What about foot fetish parties in the UK? It is my main interest for me in BDSM and would be an important factor if I decide to move there. 

Posted

In the UK it changed every decade or so, London for Fringe and Firm events and the more open Skin 2 , then in the 90's Birmingham became the main BDSM play hub with some very large advertised and private events as well as the birth of the BBB "i remember when it started with just 4 stalls!"  then Mancs with the likes of Lash and similar events in cities in close easy proximity to it.  London still has some of the best plat equipment shops in the UK...but im biased i always make a fet shopping trip when im traveling down :)

Now most major cities have at least one social scene club night a month.

Posted
On 4/11/2022 at 3:14 PM, JacquesMoran said:

Many thanks for those who answered. 

What about foot fetish parties in the UK? It is my main interest for me in BDSM and would be an important factor if I decide to move there. 

there are a few foot fetish parties in the UK - some with better ideas than others.   But.  Two types. One you pay a set fee for unlimited access during the time (but the other guys there also have unlimited access in the time) the other are a little cheaper for entry but then you pay for 'mini sessions' with ladies as you like

this idea has spread into different parts of the US and I saw someone talk about setting one up also in the Netherlands.  

I have been to a foot fetish party and there were things I like and things less for me.  The thing I liked the most about that party was hanging out with Miss Diana Von Rigg