how to become famous?

Posted
hello again people! i would like to ask you guys how can one become famous and get most views,likes and be popular faster? any hints?
Posted

Welcome to the site......the best way to get yourself out there and be seen, is to get involved in the site. Pop into the lobby and have a chat, join in the forum discussions, join in the sites Treasure Hunt, leave clues, share pieces.  The more you do, the more you are seen. Uploading new photos or a status update will put your profile in the newsfeed for others to see. In other words, get involved and be part of the community 😊

Posted

Become famous (or infamous) by being memorable.

Get views by being visible (quantity).

Get likes by sharing likeable content (quality).

Become popular by being a good egg, by keeping your ego in check, and by supporting your fellows in the community 👍

Posted
Be yourself, be genuine, have an interesting and well thought out profile and pics, get involved in public areas of the site, be respectful and courteous at all times and much more - none of those things will necessarily make you "famous" but they will help with your experience of the site and maybe just maybe open some doors.
I'm not going to lie, but your location won't help you as I can't imagine there will be many local to you, but if you show you're willing to travel then it may help.
Posted

popularity is a double edged sword

one of the best ways to be known is to be visible. But it's also being known for the *right* reasons

If you are constantly offering people good advice on threads, or starting advice threads then you become known for being helpful.  If you often share kink knowledge and experience then you become known for the knowledge. If you share funny stories, satire and jokes then you get known for being funny.  So on, for forth.

But if you flood the forums with inane topics or bump threads or add little of value then the image projected isn't so good.   

But even being known for good reasons isn't certain to get the results you want.  People might think you're cool but still not think you're a match.  There is also a case that someone might think you are "too good" for them.  There's also a chance that people might message you more for advice than relationship potential.

Mind. I still argue that one of the best ways to form relationships is via passive connections, but, certainly - it's pretty bad to start hitting on people who've wanted to bounce ideas or advice with you.

Posted
27 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

popularity is a double edged sword

one of the best ways to be known is to be visible. But it's also being known for the *right* reasons

If you are constantly offering people good advice on threads, or starting advice threads then you become known for being helpful.  If you often share kink knowledge and experience then you become known for the knowledge. If you share funny stories, satire and jokes then you get known for being funny.  So on, for forth.

But if you flood the forums with inane topics or bump threads or add little of value then the image projected isn't so good.   

But even being known for good reasons isn't certain to get the results you want.  People might think you're cool but still not think you're a match.  There is also a case that someone might think you are "too good" for them.  There's also a chance that people might message you more for advice than relationship potential.

Mind. I still argue that one of the best ways to form relationships is via passive connections, but, certainly - it's pretty bad to start hitting on people who've wanted to bounce ideas or advice with you.

Absolutely this and I'd add that just because you are perceived as "popular" by some doesn't mean you are popular with all - in fact it can be very polarising, for every person that thinks well of you, there'll be another that thinks badly.

Posted
37 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

Absolutely this and I'd add that just because you are perceived as "popular" by some doesn't mean you are popular with all - in fact it can be very polarising, for every person that thinks well of you, there'll be another that thinks badly.

there was a post a long time ago and elsewhere which mentioned when those who were "online famous" went to a fetish night and then kinda expected everyone to know who they were and then had the cold disappointment that either people didn't know or *didn't care*

and, for me, I thought - "i hope people don't think that about me"

Because, like.  If I go to events locally then a lot of people know who I am.  But then, I've also been regular-ish to munches for the past 8 years.  If I go to an event outside of my locale, then obviously fewer people know who I am and I *like* that.  But it's rarely nobody.  But I will go and enjoy everyone not knowing who I am and being able to spend time with my wife or maybe the 1-2 other people where we do know each other - and I'm a bit then paranoid that there's someone in the corner who recognises me and is like "ah, there's eyemblacksheep, thinks he's the sh*t but he's sitting there on his own" even if at that exact point I *want* to be on my own or a smaller group.   

I mean sure, if someone does recognise me and likes me it would be lovely to chat - but - just the kinda paranoia there.

Like, I went to the BBB think it was September and - there was someone I was specifically looking for who we did spend some time together (and a little play) and I bumped into a couple of people I knew, some who I wasn't expecting to see so was a lovely surprise and some I did which was also nice. 

Posted
Be authentic, be yourself
Lord_Talion
Posted
Famebisnt achieved on the sites, but on the scene. Be good at what you do and enjoy yourself
Posted

Somes been said but yeah being yourself and maintain positivity spread love and all that or find something cool and creative.

• 1 month later...
Posted
It's hard to become famous when you delete your profile