Best Ways to Verify/Communicate

Posted
17 minutes ago, SirArchA said:

Some interesting comments on this thread.

I generally talk to people on the site and get to know them that way. Once we've been chatting for a while one of us might suggest moving to another platform and I tend to prefer WhatsApp. When it gets to that stage, I'm not bothered about sharing my phone number with them and I can block them if I ever need to (that's only happened on a couple of occasions).

There are people from this site (and even in this thread) who have become good friends and we regularly chat via WhatsApp as it's just a bit easier than opening the Fetist App or Site when sat in the office. 

I've had people do the whole "holding up a piece of paper with my username on it" but that's usually at their suggestion rather than mine but on occasion where I've been a bit suspicious or if someone seems to be trying to rush I will ask for it directly - if they refuse, then they are gone. 

Video calls is a great way to continue the conversation and check someone's body language is consistent with their words. If they say they are single but there is a man's shirt or coat hanging up in the background it can be a tell-tale sign. Timing and availability for calls can also be rather enlightening, especially if they are only available at certain times. That said, as a single dad I am only available for a VC when my boy is out or in bed, so you do have to look for multiple clues or see if the explanation given makes sense. 

Kik does my head in - it has pop-up ads that take 30 seconds to clear and that drives me insane, especially mid conversation. 

I might however explore the telegram app a bit further as I've only recently downloaded it and not used it very much. It's useful to know that Telegram gives the option to add via username rather than phone number. 

Id not recommend sending a pic with yourself anf yours or their username on.

This can be a way to steal your identity and scam on other sites and or profiles. 

A simple pose that you can request that doesnt give them an avenue to become you.. in the case they are a fake scammer.. is always better. 

Cheekysub247
Posted

I dont do video call, and very rarely a phone call, but thats just me, im the same with friends and family.

I wont red flag someone for them not wanting to do the same, all i need is a photo upfront if none on the profile, or one once we have established connection(if pic on profile), both would be with the days date on

Everyone has different ways, the best thing is stick to your way, and if both cant agree then move on 

That's my way x

Posted
Hello to you, interesting fact. It was long after I’d signed up here, and I was asked to do just that, “take a picture with something I’d written my username on for verification” ?
Now I knew Id been verified, so I didn’t follow thru with that request. Hadn’t heard anything about it further ?
Posted
I like a video or written answer to a random question for a proper verification. Something more unique, potentially in combination with that day’s date. E.g. it’s 3rd august and my favourite pizza toppings are….
Posted
There's a vetting page on a popular app that has everyone take a picture of themselves with a specific hand gesture next to their head. I thought that was a really clever way to verify.