Trauma survivors: Do you find kink helpful?

Th****

Posted
Kink is a great way to work out trauma and triggers as long as you feel safe and secure with your partner. Your partner also needs to be fully in the loop about your past and be consenting to working through your triggers. Also it should never be jumped into if you haven't done the other work such as counseling first.
Posted
I find philosophy and perspective along with psychological understanding more helpful thank kink. But kink helps quite a bit.
Posted
Kinky people are intelligent, I psychically enjoy finding myself and the never ending path I follow. Some of you are pieces of art of the artists, the other motives or parts of a complex artistic performance in the style of my fellow country artist, Marina Abramović
Posted
Silver, there is a kink acctualy, most of it... By the women also in that relation even 10/90. Girls feel much more physically, physiologivally and antatomi. But who saids that one can't give 170% of itself in the pot of joy, and get more 🤣🤣🤣
Posted

Flower... You were such a victim of actually one... I don't dare to say without anything to ask in addition. But against your will and enjoyment and initiatives and flames burning, it's like permanent r*pe, Psycho-Physio. How it's legally treated r*pe as once occurred, or this years long? Certainly unfair. Social system must establish bridges to de facto much before anything happened and have this level of sensibility to recognize but not make too many mistakes. Honestly, I'm glad that you were so strong und brave and don't forget curiosity, we have it all much more then others 😀🙏

• 2 months later...
Posted

Absolutely! I’m a SA, DV and r*pe survivor who was very emotionally neglected as a child and my kind makes me safe and cared for in the way that I feel I need to be. I feel seen and protected for the first time in my life after figuring out who I was in the lifestyle

Posted
Limited Experience tells me that it’s ok to use the lifestyle to assist and aid in trauma recovery... as long as it’s not a complete crutch. Growth and recovery needs to be whole and completed outside of a dynamic
  • 2 months later...
Posted

As far as obvious goes, it depends on the person, but to actually focus on the concept itself, I think that it can be a great way of letting yourself confront your ***s, desires, and past. To me, the fact that people who have been victims of specific things may find those exact things appealing in the bedroom afterwards, implies that there is a merit to be had from confronting these things in a safe and kinky environment. Why would the brain cause our minds to do this if not as a way of processing it? It's already known that confronting trauma in combination with distraction in the form of eye movement, sound, tapping and such works beneficially, so why not assume that that same concept can apply to exploring kinks that resulted from trauma. 

Outside of kinks that resulted from trauma, kink can be a way to discover different ways of being, different ways you can be treated and treat others in a safe environment, and as a whole allow you to explore yourself, self-discovery is also an important step in healing from trauma. 

So yes, I do think that kink could be beneficial to healing from trauma.

Posted
Good for you, outta there and not looking back. I've been in a couple of similar situations, seems it's my destiny. Hoping to change all that now.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Nocturne - as freakink said, exceptionally well out. That matches my experience.
Posted

I am an *** survivor of some pretty horrendous stuff. Sexual, emotional, physical and spiritual ***. Kink has really done a lot in helping me process *** and it is also really good for helping me with dealing with chronic ***. (Yes, I use being beaten to deal with chronic *** and it works better than any drug or medical treatment I have had).