Communication 101. Back to the basics

do****

Posted
Once you start talking with someone and begin developing “something” KEEP talking the way you did at the start. Don’t read and ignore messages and don’t refuse to answer questions the other may have or get cross with them for having feelings x
Posted
I agree. I have contacted people just to say hi, introduce myself, get to understand what the person is expecting, just to be shut down instantly. I HAVE to question if anybody has normal manners anymore, irrespective of their lifestyle, kink or fetishes, no common decency just to say " HI, sorry I am not available or you do not fit my lifestyle choice" . If you are seeking someone, a friend, partner whatever, how will you meet anybody if you fail at "Hello" ?
Posted
Appreciate it D A D i O!
Id like to say about communication... Dont be a scammer... Its embarrassing..
Transparent asf, thinking yer slick..Just ya, 🧐dont!
However! If you like being
em bare assed... Hmu😉
Posted
Spot on its about communication trust respect and honesty
Posted
I recently got a message from someone who thought " How do you take anal" was a great message lol obviously I just deleted
Posted
That is one of my biggest bugbears, so thank you for beginning with that. Another one is - Treat people as exactly that; people.

You wouldn't go up to a stranger in person and begin a conversation by asking about their kinks, you begin by getting to know them a little first. The same applies online.
Posted
I agree with everything stated, and I thank you for that. :)
Posted
1 hour ago, Banger-Mash69 said:
I agree. I have contacted people just to say hi, introduce myself, get to understand what the person is expecting, just to be shut down instantly. I HAVE to question if anybody has normal manners anymore, irrespective of their lifestyle, kink or fetishes, no common decency just to say " HI, sorry I am not available or you do not fit my lifestyle choice" . If you are seeking someone, a friend, partner whatever, how will you meet anybody if you fail at "Hello" ?

This one's been done to death in the forums. By giving a 'no thanks' response, gives the initiator of the 'conversation' the opportunity to respond unless you block them and, well lets just say it's not always pleasant. By not responding it means that the initiator of the conversation does not have the ability to send any further messages simply because that's how Fet is set up

Posted
Got a message not too long ago. "Hello Bunny, the wait is over. Daddy is finally here." I said you have got to be joking. He assured me that he wasn't. I assured him that his arrogance betrays his inexperience lol
Posted
I think it’s amusing when a Dom tells me what they are going to do to me…when in my profile I clearly state that I am an Alpha sub and chose when I am submissive
Posted
How many people actually read someones profile? the amount of times I've been messaged by someone who I can tell thry havent read it and then try make out they have
Posted
8 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

This one's been done to death in the forums. By giving a 'no thanks' response, gives the initiator of the 'conversation' the opportunity to respond unless you block them and, well lets just say it's not always pleasant. By not responding it means that the initiator of the conversation does not have the ability to send any further messages simply because that's how Fet is set up

I understand what you are saying, and agree that some opening lines, as mentioned in this discussion, would totally warrant that reply. But if a friendly hello can we chat is treated the same way, how do people expect to make contacts ? People could always give a no thanks or more detailed response then block that conversation starter? Each to their own, but being new here, and having some of responses I have received makes me question the survival of human kind ...

Posted
1 hour ago, Banger-Mash69 said:

I disagree on this point. Just because you reach out to someone doesn't mean they owe you a response. Some people are just on here to read and respond to forums and learn and aren't ready to chat with others. And others probably get so many messages it's exhausting to reach out and respond. As much as you would like them to send you a courteous rejection, it's definitely not something they need to do. Silence should say it all.

Posted
Love this. The same goes with pet names, i.e.: sweety, hun, cutie. The person may be all that but trust hasn’t been established yet and there are A LOT of scammers/fakes that try to bring down a person’s walls by talking that way. Be genuine, that’s all anyone needs to be. No more, no less.
Posted
14 minutes ago, kimutu72 said:
How many people actually read someones profile? the amount of times I've been messaged by someone who I can tell thry havent read it and then try make out they have

I agree. I guess we could go around in circles all day about this, I think when profiles are written the author understands what they are writing, the reader may however misunderstand. Or crucial information omitted, such as age preference etc. End of the day, I think just simple manners in general are what is missing.

Posted
Got a message last night that started off “you look like you want to be ***d and called slut” ummm nice to meet u? Lol
Posted
33 minutes ago, doggydaddy said:

I disagree on this point. Just because you reach out to someone doesn't mean they owe you a response. Some people are just on here to read and respond to forums and learn and aren't ready to chat with others. And others probably get so many messages it's exhausting to reach out and respond. As much as you would like them to send you a courteous rejection, it's definitely not something they need to do. Silence should say it all.

No, they need not reply. But if you walked up to someone in the street and said " Hello, how are you?" And they just ignored you, how would you feel ? I will leave that there.

Posted
I want to end my participation by saying; If someone stood in the street with a sign stating: Looking for friends , long term relationship etc, and I walked over to say hi and they point blank ignored me, I would take it personally. Possibly good old fashioned manners don't matter anymore. But this is just my personal opinion.
Posted
I agree with everything said and must admit I like that Fet only lets folks send one mail and await a response. Also like how it shows how many mails a person has received and sent. I mention all that because I do think us guys have be to cognisant of how much attention females and anyone identifying as a sub get. But it’s not just messages on Fet, they are hounded on any site or even just walking down the street. I bear that in mind when I do reach out and don’t see their non-return as rude or lack of etiquette, it’s simply their choice for whatever reason
Posted
53 minutes ago, Banger-Mash69 said:

I want to end my participation by saying; If someone stood in the street with a sign stating: Looking for friends , long term relationship etc, and I walked over to say hi and they point blank ignored me, I would take it personally. Possibly good old fashioned manners don't matter anymore. But this is just my personal opinion.

it's a fairly weak argument

how often have you seen anyone standing in the middle of the street holding up a sign stating this?