Primals: Are you an ***?

Posted

I identify as a primal hunter/predator (though I'm still at an exploring/developing state). When I discovered the existence of primal play, I quickly learned that two definitions (or maybe two types) exist.

All definitions would describe primals as people who let go of the masks, roles, expectations and inhibitions of everyday life and allow their feelings and desires to flow more freely, sometimes resulting in ***istic behaviours or sounds. But some definitions went a step further and added to this the aspect of taking on the behaviours and/or sounds of one or a few specific ***s.

On a few occasions, I've been asked what kind of *** I am. To which the answer i none (or at least nothing other than human). To me, primal play is about letting go of inhibitions, and taking on the behavior of a specific *** is for me a form of role-play and as such becomes an act of putting on a mask and creating a framework for how I can/should act. (Maybe that's also why I prefer 'hunter' over 'predator'. The latter sound more like an actual ***)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that one way of being a primal is wrong or right (in fact that's something I'm trying to fight in the kink community).

But I would love to hear from my fellow primals: Do you take on the behaviour and/or imitate the sounds of specific ***s when you go primal? If you do, what ***(s) and is it the same every time? Also, why do/don't you take on *** traits?

Posted
I take on *** traits because I think there is a “real life” component and it’s good to be connected with that. (Rose 🌹)
Posted
Depends.. most of the times i have a wolf like atitude during sex.
Never did primal play per se.. it's easier when it comes natural to you (and with this i mean, with no premeditation).
With the right partner you should achieve that easily.
Both hunter and predator terms are valid in my opinion . I don't feel the need to dress or wear masks because when you're a pure primal.. you already feel like an *** most of times, civilised.. but still an *** hehe
I howl at the moon on a normal night, that's when you know you're an primal.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 11/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, Deleted profile said:

Depends.. most of the times i have a wolf like atitude during sex.
Never did primal play per se.. it's easier when it comes natural to you (and with this i mean, with no premeditation).
With the right partner you should achieve that easily.
Both hunter and predator terms are valid in my opinion . I don't feel the need to dress or wear masks because when you're a pure primal.. you already feel like an *** most of times, civilised.. but still an *** hehe
I howl at the moon on a normal night, that's when you know you're an primal.

I felt like howling at the moon the other night, and wondered, if that was just me and if I was 'weird'. (I'm still getting over my self-doubt of just being a 'weird person out' even though I've discovered the kink community.) I'm glad you mentioned it!

Posted
On 11/4/2022 at 3:15 AM, Cupio said:

I identify as a primal hunter/predator (though I'm still at an exploring/developing state). When I discovered the existence of primal play, I quickly learned that two definitions (or maybe two types) exist.

I didn't know the term 'hunter' existed, so thank you--I learned something today! :D I like 'hunter' better as well, although I don't mind 'predator' and I feel it would help me identify people who are into things like 'wolf packs' if it became commonplace to use the word that way.

On 11/4/2022 at 3:15 AM, Cupio said:

But some definitions went a step further and added to this the aspect of taking on the behaviours and/or sounds of one or a few specific ***s. ... On a few occasions, I've been asked what kind of *** I am. To which the answer i none (or at least nothing other than human).

Interestingly, I've found I've been commented that I'm a 'like a wolf' at work in my management position, which tickled me for reasons my boss didn't know, haha. Before that, I never really thought of giving myself some type of '*** soul', if you will, for primalism. When I stopped to think about it, however, I really treat my team members that I lead as if they are part of my pack, and I'm very protective of them and their 'territory' (duties, responsibilities, making sure other people don't get in their way or 'on their turf'.)

I had never looked at it this way before until someone said that to me, which is a little ironic, since I grew up in my ***s and early 20's roleplaying on a Furry RPG with several anthro personas.

Now, I've learned about 'wolf packs' recently, and it absolutely clicked with me. I still don't know if I'd particularly 'act' like a wolf completely during some type of play, but that primal mindset that seems to be common to wolves, seems to be common to me as well. Maybe you'll find the same? :)