Suspension bondage

Myia

Posted
I’ve been wanting to try suspension bondage for a long time but don’t have anything to suspend myself from. Is it possible to buy things that can be stuck to walls or ceilings that can be used for suspension bondage (e.g. hooks, rings) and if so, where would be a good place to get them from?
Posted

I mean, yes

but

this isn't something you can/should just casually 'try' suspension bondage is a high risk activity so needs to be people who know what they are doing and can mitigate risks.  it'd be better to have experience at ground level first

Posted
Esinem.com or extremerestraints.com make sure you are safe and your partner is trained properly, I’m into Shibari and if not done properly you can seriously injure or even kill someone, before doing anything with ropes learn the proper techniques.
Posted
And to answer the construction part of the question - you can probably get all the stuff you need from B&Q or somewhere but even a small person generally weighs way too much to just bolt something into a wall or ceiling and suspend themselves from it safely. You need a proper supporting structure, if you just bolt some hooks or rings in your wall or ceiling and try to suspend yourself from it you’ll most likely come flying down looking up at a substantial repair and cost 😁
Posted
No that is easy and relatively safe as long as the bonds are not too tight. It’s actually a very good position to have a slave suspended in. You have access to everything and can enjoy her completely
Posted
Oh, I just read your post from a few minutes ago - that’s a different thing but again, well worth checking with someone that you’re attaching what you’re attaching to a strong structural part in your room that can support it. Even brick walls sometimes hold far less than you’d think or hope for 😊 A custom-made metal plate with a ring in the middle and four bolting points in the corners to spread the load is provably what you need.
Posted
If you go to the website I suggested they have things that attach over a door you won’t be fully suspended but you will be secured with your hands above your head and *** to whatever comes next
Posted
16 minutes ago, Carnival said:
Oh, I just read your post from a few minutes ago - that’s a different thing but again, well worth checking with someone that you’re attaching what you’re attaching to a strong structural part in your room that can support it. Even brick walls sometimes hold far less than you’d think or hope for 😊 A custom-made metal plate with a ring in the middle and four bolting points in the corners to spread the load is provably what you need.

Do you know where I could get one from?

Posted
1 hour ago, Myia said:

I just wanna try being suspended by the wrists. That can’t be too dangerous can it?

yes

again, risks you need to be aware of

the arms raised for a long period of time (and by this we're talking 10-20 minutes) can lead to feinting.  

What are you planning to use to suspend yourself?  Rope for example damages nerve endings and you need a quick get out.  Even cuffs can hamper *** flow

Posted
4 hours ago, Myia said:
I just wanna try being suspended by the wrists. That can’t be too dangerous can it?

What's your plan? You need to be mindful of anatomy.
If you think about the wrist, it has really important arteries running through it as well as three main nerves. Then think about your whole body weight (regardless of your size/weight) hanging from your wrists.
Nerve/artery damage will impact on ***flow. You'll first experience numbness to your hands/arms which will also go cold. Enough damage to the nerves etc will impact upon the function of your fingers. You'll likely end up with shoulder damage too as the main joint (other than your wrist). Potentially, your long term function will be negatively affected.
There's a reason why you don't see people suspended from one area of their body.
You don't say whether this is a self tie or whether you have a rigger? If you have a rigger, I would have hoped that they would have enough experience to have answered your question for you

Posted

do not do any form of suspension on your own.  

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Quite a few areas of the social aspect of the scene have the odd workshop demo meets on this, to help educate people just starting or curious about it.

They may not run as regular as munches but iv'e seen quite a few in the UK roughly a couple a year.  They will also hold demo workshops on other aspects of the scene.

I strongly recommend you look in to this before just jumping straight in to it with the first rigger who says "they can do it"  you have to know the questions to ask them for teh sake of your own safety.

Posted
3 hours ago, smeagol said:

Quite a few areas of the social aspect of the scene have the odd workshop demo meets on this, to help educate people just starting or curious about it.

They may not run as regular as munches but iv'e seen quite a few in the UK roughly a couple a year.  They will also hold demo workshops on other aspects of the scene.

I strongly recommend you look in to this before just jumping straight in to it with the first rigger who says "they can do it"  you have to know the questions to ask them for teh sake of your own safety.

Do you know where any of these workshops are and when?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Myia said:

Do you know where any of these workshops are and when?

Myia, you aren't far from Nottingham where Christian Red is based. If you can get there, have a look at his website or follow him on Fetlife as he'll often hold/post about events. Looks like he has one on the 18th

Posted
You are probably better off using a metal stand used for sex swings, putting rings in the wall or ceiling is dangerous and unpredictable. And you don’t want to go crashing to the floor when bound in a unprotected position.
Posted
16 hours ago, CopperKnob said:

Myia, you aren't far from Nottingham where Christian Red is based. If you can get there, have a look at his website or follow him on Fetlife as he'll often hold/post about events. Looks like he has one on the 18th

Doesn’t say what time or what they’ll be doing

Posted
5 hours ago, Myia said:

Doesn’t say what time or what they’ll be doing

Is there contact details on the website? My understanding is that he's very well regarded in the world of rope and it would be a real scoop to be able to attend anything he hosts

Posted
Look at the classroom section on this website it has a beginners class on Shibari .
  • 1 month later...
Posted
On 11/27/2022 at 8:45 AM, Myia said:

In your wrists, you have the median, radial and ulnar nerves. The radial is especially prone to ***. I would never suspend somebody from wrists alone due to the likelihood of such ***.

I don't recommend self-suspension if you are alone as I know one person whose g/f died like that and another friend who was luckily rescued...by her mother.

Posted
There are a lot of nerves that can be injured from misplaced ropes. Arm pits and behind the knee should be avoided as well. It’s really important to learn proper technique not just tie someone up.