Visitors / crushes / matches

Posted
Does anyone else think users of the app should have the option of deleting other users from their Visitors, Crushes and Matches.
Posted
You can actually delete crushes.
Posted
In the app, if you have a crush in your list, hold finger on the image and get a delete option
Posted
@Adraug52 I had no idea, and wondering why some members disappeared. Everything makes sense.🤔 Thank you!
Posted
Thanks to Adraug52 you can delete them.
Posted

TBH i see no point in deleting people who visit your profile.  Sometimes it's just interest as they may be local, others it's a shyness hint that they might want you to initiate the first comment.

Spanking yeah i can see a point in deleting them as most are from profiles that then prove to be blatantly fake or deleted due to site ***., or persistent people who won't take a hint.

But for most non paying members can't see who has visited after 24 hours anyway.

Posted
I personally don’t want to look at men who visit my profile, or profiles the app has blocked, only because they hold no interest of mine.
Posted

I rarely go to the 'who checked you out' because it's pretty much meaningless.  If someone looked at my profile and thought "yes, I must message him" then they probably did.   But the vast majority who visited for whatever reason didn't want to message me for whatever reason, so didn't.

But, I dunno what benefit deleting even would do - among anything else there's a filter set, so if you don't care about men viewing your profile you can just set it to women

• 2 months later...
Posted
Right, and so it seems pointless to have a section that's been made pointless.

I always say the user should be able to configure a site as much as is feasible, relative to reasonable and humane dev time and effort.
I.e. have the option to either not have a Visitors section at all, maybe using the space for something else the user might actually use, or have the Visitors section there but allow deletes.
Posted

the options exist

if you don't want a visitors section you just don't look at it?

if you do want it, it's there?

if you only want to know about people of sex you find attractive viewing your profile you can set a filter ?

I know some folk use it as a prompt, "oh, this person visited me, I'll use it as an icebreaker to contact them - hi, see you visited my profile, etc..." and so the only benefit of deleting someone is that you can tick them off a "to message list" which almost feels kinda gross.  I don't think more stalker tools need to be developed 

Posted

A lot of people find the "who has visited me" as an ice breaker and reading through their profiles "if it's filled in" can peek a curious chat.

Through these chats good friendships can be made even if it's not looking for a partner.

Never underestimate a good friendship base, be it male, female or couples in the scene, some of these friendships can and do open more doors than just using the internet.